Army SF & SOF Pics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vest is a woodland version of the Army Special Force Direct Action Trauma Armor.

Background info:

This is the famous Army Special Force Direct Action Trauma Armor. Very similar to the RAV armor, but without the cut-away system and the PALS system. Features: Woodland camo. Velcro attached modular pouches, zip-on back panel, external light stick holder at the elastic side strap, adjustable shoulder by snaps, shoulder protection pads, back radio pouches. Used by Army SF DA teams and USAF SF teams

7.jpg

6.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8-1.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

It is my understanding that the Rav was an evolution of sorts based on this design. Plus the SF DA Trauma Armor pictured is not molle compatible, however AWS fixed that in later incarnations of their design. Sarge to answer your other question I am unaware of any repros, but AWS Inc products are readily available to the civilian market and used ones occasionaly pop on LightFighter or eBay.

PM me if you have any questions regarding sourcing one.

Background Info:

AWS CQB Vest Carrier

CQB Vest Carrier is the latest version of the famous Trauma vest carrier. It accepts SPEAR body armor inserts and SAPI plates. The system includes many modular accessories: magazine pouches, radio pouch, shoulder / groin protector, chest holster, multi-purpose back panel, MOLLE back panel, and etc. It is currently used by Army and Air force special forces

armorvest-AWS-N-armor-1.jpg

armorvest-AWS-N-armor-3.jpg

armorvest-AWS-N-armor-2.jpg

armorvest-AWS-N-armor-4.jpg

Yeah, okay Jack Bauer. What holster is kosher for a SF impression? Safariland? Thats the last thing I don't know about using. Other than that, I'm thinking:

Woodland BDUs.

SPEAR BALCS Replica

Tactical Tailor MAV (Woodland)

Baseball Hat for Woodland, MICH 2000 for CQB

When I think Safariland, I think Force Recon. It might just be a copy (and I'm cheap) but I think the Blackhawk SERPA would be ok.

That's funny, because over 90% of the dropleg holsters seen on pictures in this thread are safarilands.

The 6004 is the industry standard for holsters now and despite the appearance of holsters like the SERPA or G-Code SOC it still dominates the market for all branches of the military and law enforcement.

That's funny, because over 90% of the dropleg holsters seen on pictures in this thread are safarilands.

The 6004 is the industry standard for holsters now and despite the appearance of holsters like the SERPA or G-Code SOC it still dominates the market for all branches of the military and law enforcement.

Yeah, I figured it probably would be the ideal choice, but I was just saying that, personally, safariland means Force Recon. But also, I'm too cheap to go for the top of the line stuff, so SERPA is the way I'm going.

SERPA aint no cheap holster. I like my SERPA far more than I ever liked my safariland. I love hearing the "CLICK" of my SERPA and I KNOW my sidearm isnt going any place. Also, many Army units have been buying up large numbers of SERPAs for their soldiers. There is a reason why the m9 SERPA is made in foliage :)

As for the LEO community and Safarilands, well those two have gone hand in hand for many years due to the fact that Safariland makes a number of things unique to the LEO community.

Edited by Light Fighter
Yeah, I figured it probably would be the ideal choice, but I was just saying that, personally, safariland means Force Recon. But also, I'm too cheap to go for the top of the line stuff, so SERPA is the way I'm going.

dude what do you mean by "safariland means Force Recon." ?

I mean take a look at militaryphotos.com and find the pics of operators in afghanistan and iraq. All you see are safarilands.....Right now the SERPAs are lingering around but it's not the best choice if your going to replicate any USSOCOM operator.

Hey experts (tinkle60 etc.), what clothing would CAG wear? Also, would a RMV in say CB be exceptable? I don't have any of this yet, but a CAG loadout does interest me.

Paraclete does seem to be the order of the day. RAVs and Plate carriers (without cummerbund) are the most commonly seen in smoke green, but other colours are used as well. Also seen in use are the BHI DOAV and this

1911s in 6004s

Clothing wise, what suits the environment. Confirmed sightings of DCU, BDU, ACU and multicam.

M4 with RAS MRE or HK 416.

I'll pm you with a list my buddy wrote.