Army SF & SOF Pics

Here are some pictures of Combat Controllers wearing them:

http://www2.afsoc.af.mil/shared/media/phot...F-1644L-025.jpg

(the guy on the left)

http://www.afa.org/magazine/March2005/0305commandos1.jpg

I have only seen one of these for sale, which was in the description above. I wasnt even completely sure if it existed, befor I was offered that one.

It would be nice to put one of these on a BALCS vest, and then a ELCS harness over it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone I need help finding a picture. It is a older SF picture. There are somewhere between 4 and 6 (maybe more) guys in this picture. Some are standing others a sitting on the back of a truck. They all have black boots except for one of the guys who is sitting on the truck; he has tan. They are in a woodland type enviornment.

Sorry for the weird description.

Can't edit anymore, but I found my picture on Specwargear.com

photo%20gallery%2020.jpg

I described it decently I think...

New question. I want to do an older style SF loadout. Would putting a Eagle universal chest rig over a SPEARS (if I can find one) be acceptable for a second line? Also, what non Serpa/6004 holster is acceptable?

Edited by Carter
Can't edit anymore, but I found my picture on Specwargear.com

photo%20gallery%2020.jpg

I described it decently I think...

New question. I want to do an older style SF loadout. Would putting a Eagle universal chest rig over a SPEARS (if I can find one) be acceptable for a second line? Also, what non Serpa/6004 holster is acceptable?

Those look like PBPV II, or AWS DA vests.

For an older SF loadout, a SPEAR BALCS, Safariland ELCS system, Paraclete RAV(in smoke green or woodland) would be good options to go with. A PMC RBA would even probably work.

SPEAR BALCS vests are extremely hard to find, and they often go for about $500.

An Eagle Paul Howe chest rig, over a SPEAR BALCS would probably work. As far as 6004s go, you would probably want to get a Black one, for an M9. And probably no light mounts on it.

SPEAR BALCS vests are extremely hard to find, and they often go for about $500.

Yeah I know that. I'm keeping my eyes out for a replica.

As for hydration, what would they use? Just a canteen or something else?

Edited by Carter
Yeah I know that. I'm keeping my eyes out for a replica.

As for hydration, what would they use? Just a canteen or something else?

I would preferably get a camelbak Thermoback in woodland camo, or a US gov't. issue MOLLE II hydration system as stated above. In addition to that, they may also use Canteens, or if you are looking to do a slightly newer impression, a Nalgene might work.

Hey guys, what direction do you think I should take this loadout?

I have a Woodland FSBE w/RACK pouches (and a RACK), MICH helmet w/nvg, USGI SDS Camelbak, and an M4 RIS w/aimpoint and an/peq2.

I have a set of ACU but wld and acu doesn't match color and impression wise...I can get a set of DCU and dcu/wld helmet cover with ease.

What kind of impression/kit and gear should I go with from here?

Pretty much all of the Army SF pic's posted here are Direct Action type pics, does this mean that Army SF don't take Reconnaissance missions? Or just that they are more commonly seen during DA raids etc?

I would imagine that you wouldn't want a photographer along on your recon missions.

I have a Woodland FSBE w/RACK pouches (and a RACK), MICH helmet w/nvg, USGI SDS Camelbak, and an M4 RIS w/aimpoint and an/peq2

I think that, with a little work, the FSBE could look a hell of a lot like the SPEAR RBA. The SPEAR RBA is what Rangers wore before the switch to ACU and RLCS. So, if I were you, I would go for a 90% accurate Pre-ACU Ranger loadout.

Hey guys, what direction do you think I should take this loadout?

I have a Woodland FSBE w/RACK pouches (and a RACK), MICH helmet w/nvg, USGI SDS Camelbak, and an M4 RIS w/aimpoint and an/peq2.

I have a set of ACU but wld and acu doesn't match color and impression wise...I can get a set of DCU and dcu/wld helmet cover with ease.

What kind of impression/kit and gear should I go with from here?

When I picked up a FSBE, I thought about how I could make it a SF kit. I came to the conclusion that it wouldnt really work to well. You could get some Eagle MLCS/RLCS pouches and put them on the FSBE, for a Ranger kit, but that is sort of a stretch.

I came to the conclusion that my Woodland camo Paraclete RAV would fill a better spot in both SF and Ranger impressions.

With a FSBE, you best option is a USMC force recon kit.

I uploaded I uploaded the "National Geographic: Inside Special Forces" documentary. Remember that it is not the newest, so gear is prolly different form the current stuff used, still interesting to watch.

http://www.vimeo.com/1139704

The "main character" is pretty annoying: he's the typical guy that kills people and then says "SOB", like if cursewords were worse than his job, refers to his men as "heroes" and is, well: pretty much like from a movie, but whatever.

The doc also tells a bit about the SF history, in a bit of an apollogetic manner: "Guatemala? Salvador? Dictators? no, we were just watching". but meh.

00:53 What is that vest? Is it a SPEAR?

02:03 Possible SPEAR?

02:10/02:51 Definate SPEAR

04:53-04:57 Clear gear shots.

06:05-06:10 Gear lover’s wet dream

06:32 Some good gear shots

06:38 Interceptor on a SF

06:44 Good look at possible hydration + profile of 1st and 2nd line

06:59 What is that?

07:12-07:17 Some decent shots of gear, kind of far away for specific details

12:10 Solid gear shots

I'll post more. Right now I want to watch it some more.

Edited by Carter

Ah, Scoob, in the thread about the member selling a real SPEAR BALCS, I asked about horizontal webbing and you said it was for Rangers. However, I was not talking about the SPEAR RBA, I was talking about normal SPEAR carriers with two rows of webbing sewn across the bottom. I cannot for the life of me find the picture of it though.

So anyways, my question from that thread was are those rows of webbing a custom modification, or something Credalyne began doing?

Ah, Scoob, in the thread about the member selling a real SPEAR BALCS, I asked about horizontal webbing and you said it was for Rangers. However, I was not talking about the SPEAR RBA, I was talking about normal SPEAR carriers with two rows of webbing sewn across the bottom. I cannot for the life of me find the picture of it though.

So anyways, my question from that thread was are those rows of webbing a custom modification, or something Credalyne began doing?

Do you mean that ALICE style attachment webbing sewn across the bottom-front?