Army SF & SOF Pics

that's interesting. there was a several pages long discussion about the mk18 and the cqbr and who uses which over in the seal gear discussion thread. the general consensus was that the seals use the CQBR, the various other NSW guys use the mk18

to point 2, the only issued sidearm to the seals is the sig 226. even the mk23 isn't any more(exceptions may be missions calling for silenced pistols). of course, like with all SOCOM units, many operators use what they want any way, and they likely get away with it for a long time (deltas and their 416s went on for over a year)

and thirdly, and most importantly, he's making an impression of an Army SF operator (see the name of the thread) and while his gear fits a navy-ish SOF, it most definitely doesn't suit any Green Beret ;)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please put forth an effort instead of just putting forth random pictures. Its annoying.

We cant even see what gear you are wearing and frankly if you dont care enough to put up a list why should we care enough to help out with your request.

And for the last time your gun is the first problem. Go get a M4 with a MIL stock.

Please put forth an effort instead of just putting forth random pictures. Its annoying.

And for the last time your gun is the first problem. Go get a M4 with a MIL stock.

?

you did notice that a large number of SOF M4s have crane stocks like his these days?

@ jarhead:

seems to go the pmc/SOF-in-civvies. Azulsky is right though, it doesn't show a lot of your gear, that pic

I wasnt bashing the Crane stock, they are fine. Its just the fact that his gun has a cqbr upper that nags me. Only reason i specified MIL stock was because the other default is the LE stock(ugh imho). You tend to see alot more 14.5 inch barrels.

Edited by Azulsky
I wasnt bashing the Crane stock, they are fine. Its just the fact that his gun has a cqbr upper that nags me. Only reason i specified MIL stock was because the other default is the LE stock(ugh imho). You tend to see alot more 14.5 inch barrels.

I have seen a few pictures where U.S. Navy Seals and U.S. Army Specail Forces had M4 CQBs. (if that is what you mean)

you don't like his upper, and therefore you bash his stock? i'm not getting this...

Today's topic:

SF 2004-2005 (Pre-ACU)

just chillin'

Img_0177-1.jpg

Img_0179.jpg

stop that car!!!

Img_0172-3.jpg

where the heck did this come from?

Img_0173-2.jpg

Img_0178.jpg

I see you...

Img_0174-3.jpg

This is my rifle...

Img_0171-1.jpg

edit:

kitlist on request

Edited by Chevieblazer

Chevie, one of the best TriColor desert SF Loadouts I have seen in a very long time. Just one suggestion you may want to rock thicker M4 Mag pouches to store more mags. The latest report of issued mags to an SOF team is 10 minimum per soldier.

Unless you rock Hi-Caps :P Or have more mags on you that I didn't notice.

Keep em coming. I will post one up very soon.

I have 8 spares for the primary and 2 for the secondary. i used to run 10 m4 mags, but i noticed that i don't really need that many, plus i was told by an ex-seal that i was carrying "way too much sh*t around anyway" that was a guy from utah, btw.

@Sgt. Kinnaird:

it's an eagle, and it's OD, not RG.

@hburn:

SF use mostly khaki vests, but OD does happen on some occasions

12 Mag minimum? geez! and i thought i had a heavy trigger finger.

not sure if the guy was from UCA or TAC4 (the Brits team anyway). He bested a friend of mine in a knife fight (first and only time he was ever defeated i think). We played in boise once with BOE (april last year) and my buddy knifed Radrockin.

Anyways, 12 metal mags is just too much. And cover fire...that's what the saws are there for ;)

Edited by Chevieblazer
12 Mag minimum? geez! and i thought i had a heavy trigger finger.

not sure if the guy was from UCA or TAC4 (the Brits team anyway). He bested a friend of mine in a knife fight (first and only time he was ever defeated i think). We played in boise once with BOE (april last year) and my buddy knifed Radrockin.

Anyways, 12 metal mags is just too much. And cover fire...that's what the saws are there for ;)

ahh goodtimes! did you roll with Geist? As for the mags , I am getting the new G&G Mid Cap 86 Rounders to load up on, sick of the spray and pray hi cap. I will stoe plenty of mags and if i need more I will hit up my battle buddy Solid for one of his ;)

Plastic mag you should come out to UT and sling Plastic my man. we will put your trigger finger to the test

and to stay on topic here is a SF impression of mine

DVC00380.jpg

Rad OUT!

Edited by Radrockin

I rock it for simulation.

They are not metal mags because thats to expensive.

And Boise eh I fully remember that game. If you play for MAG we pushed you guys so far back into the valley both times we went to Idaho for a game and we won both games but tell your friend good knife kill. TDF was on our side helping us a big HUA to Team Delta Force. Another thing UCA and TAC4 are completly different teams than BoE. We operate in a combatsim fashion ie: MilSim, they play by slinging BB's.

Edited by BoE.Solidius