Pictures of your gear V3.0

Okay, taking a shot with NV aint easy, till I get the camera adapter the results are not fun with a DSLR. I may get better results with a point and shoot.

Shot.jpg

Blinds shut, no moon visible due to clouds, all lights turned off. not bad at all.

Edited by Titleist
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that an American design? It is identical to our issued night vision (designated Head Mounted Night Vision Sight by the army).

Ours comes in a large OD nylon pouch with a head mount + helmet mounting kit. its a nice piece of gear, i used to carry mine in a grenade pouch on my osprey, connected with a bit of 550 cord.

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130

Two of my current project :

PJ loadout (old school)

pjprojectub7.jpg

IBH by King arms (still waiting my astrocom headset to customize it a bit :rolleyes:

BDU vest PROPPER

Eagle air rescue vest copy by PM CONCEPT

Black Body armor By PANTAC

And the Grunt project :

gruntmarksmenbl6.jpg

PASGT copy by E-Hobby (cover and chin strap RS)

DCU vest PROPPER

IBA SDS Woodland

M16 Alice pouches (*2)

Did you custom cut the foam? what do ya use? I can never seem to cut mine smooth enough lol

If you're using a pelican case that has the 'pick and pluck' foam it's pretty easy, I just put everything where I wanted it to go, then using your fingers you just wiggle them down into the foam cutouts (they're at a quarter of an inch), then you pull out the block shape, then cut it height wise to get your depth.

I left an area for my PEQ and also a GG&G PVS mount for later purchase.

Read up a few posts. ITT PVS14. It's the brand new model that's just now being deployed to US troops.

Since well...very few of us have access to mil quality NVGs I wanted to answer a few questions I've gotten in PM form.

First, the standard USGI weapon mount is in fact the biggest piece of garbage out there. But it's only surpassed by the lameness that is the brain smasher mount, i.e:

nq6015_pvs14_head.jpg

This comes with all PVS14s purchased on goverment contracts, and it's beyond horrible. It crushes your head, and the PVS still slumps forward, you can't even sell these on ebay they're regarded with such spite.

As for mobility, in a dark room you can read books on the walls, make out fine lettering. Inside without moonlight you do in fact need an IR illuminator or the grain is really high. Outside in urban situations the level of detail is just staggering. Like truely insane. When bright lights are visible the unit will adjust to throttle back the gain so as to not overexpose itself. But unlike previous gens the PVS14 won't burn out if exposed to bright light.

Edited by Titleist

Probably the most affordable would be the Gen II+ PVS-14s or Mum (Mini-14s) then there are the different grade of tubes available so the more select the tube the more expensive. A good set of Gen II+ with a decent tube will cost you around $1,000.00 USD. If you're really lucky you might be able to get close to the $900.00 USD mark.

For a set of Gen IIIs you're looking at in the neighborhood of $3,000 USD with maybe if you're really lucky coming closer down to the $2,500 USD mark, but again has to do a lot with who makes them and the quality of the tube.

Realized I hadn't taken any pictures of my gear in a while, so here we go.

It's sort of a woodland version of pics that I've seen of US SF in Afghanistan, nothing real specific though.

Just a blend of US gear that I think looks pretty good and is functional and comfortable.

us_sf_woodland.gif

us_sf_woodland_glock.gif

The black box in the first pic is because I didn't like my facial expression, not because I'm trying to be tacticool. :P

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher