Pictures of your gear V3.0

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not attempting to disagree with you Titleist. But is it mil specific?

I mean is it totally locked onto mil frequencies? I mean my knowledge of the MBITR extends nothing beyond its worth alot of money. But if its a damn good radio, surely a PMC could use it on a differing frequency?

Or has the mil got the monopoly on them so to speak?

I am fairly certain the military only uses them and they are more controlled then guns. Titleist(I believe it was him) tried to obtain shells of them and was denied as the military doesn't want anyone not military have the chance of getting their frequencies and what not. Probably extends to PMCs as well.

Edited by Agent Hunk
Not attempting to disagree with you Titleist. But is it mil specific?

I mean is it totally locked onto mil frequencies? I mean my knowledge of the MBITR extends nothing beyond its worth alot of money. But if its a damn good radio, surely a PMC could use it on a differing frequency?

Or has the mil got the monopoly on them so to speak?

The MBITR is a UHF/VHF/Almost anything band radio, that can talk to aircraft, ground forces, and almost anything that uses radio frequencies. When I get back to CA I can put the PDF for the brochure online. It's an extremely powerful radio that can interface with just about any communications infrastructure. PMCs wouldn't get it as it's strictly military only.

Here's an anecdote I was told a year ago; apparently a year ago I was told by an active marine that they've had items like PEQ-2As and PVS units go missing, i.e at resupply depots and whatnot. But when an MBITR was misplaced the base would be put into lockdown till it was found. Simply put it's a very powerful radio.

And Hunk is right, about 5 months ago I did a project for Thales, and I off hand asked if I could purchase a broken one or at least just the outside shell. I was promptly denied. Like hardcore denied to the point where they wanted to know WHY I'd want one.

Im ditching the chicom in favor of a SDS leg panel to hold the 203 shells along with a ka-bar and the painted mag pouch on my camelbak because I borrowed a friends to see if they would fit and they dont. In place of the chicom, which would look better: a coyote brown DBT PC or a PACA lo-vis carrier?

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

I assume you wont be loading anything onto the plate carrier and you're just using it for cosmetic purposes?

If so, get the PACA.

If you actually intend to use the platform then get the DBT plate carrier as it actually serves a purpose as a molle platform.

Edited by Magsz

Yeha i wont be putting anything on it because I already have everything pakced away where I need it. Also I wanted something between me and the camelbak because their suspension system is just straight webbing and digs into my stomach. Is the PACA very padded or is it just like cloth?

I say neither as they serve no purpose.

Im guilty of wearing a paca but its for a specific reason and actually serves a purpose. I purchased the cooling inserts available for the carrier and i use them in the florida heat.

Wearing a plate carrier just for the hell of it to carry dummy plates is fairly useless. I mean, whats the point of a light loadout if you're just going to weigh yourself down with non functional gear? If you're going to say "well *beep*, i want to do it for the sake of realism". You might as well go ahead and just use the plate carrier as your second line.

I really wouldnt do that if i were you. The camping mat will literally kill you if you play in any kind of heat or humidity. Its actually quite dangerous as the mat is designed to trap heat and can raise your core temperature to dangerous levels.

The beauty of real body armor is that the kevlar inserts themselves are porous, camping mat is waterproof and not porous and traps heat.

I cut some inserts out of foam camping mat to try out in my paca and after 10 minutes of playing in 82 degree heat i was feeling violently ill. Im no stranger to wearing stupid amounts of gear either but i literally thought i was going to die with the foam inserts in my carrier.

If you play in cool weather then definitely go for it. I would imagine the camping mat would act as some rather awesome insulation.

Be safe bro.

I say neither as they serve no purpose.

Im guilty of wearing a paca but its for a specific reason and actually serves a purpose. I purchased the cooling inserts available for the carrier and i use them in the florida heat.

Wearing a plate carrier just for the hell of it to carry dummy plates is fairly useless. I mean, whats the point of a light loadout if you're just going to weigh yourself down with non functional gear? If you're going to say "well *beep*, i want to do it for the sake of realism". You might as well go ahead and just use the plate carrier as your second line.

Can you link me to the cooling inserts you use? That sounds like a great idea.

Well ######, it doesnt exactly get chilly here in San Diego so I guess I will have to try somethingelse. Thanks for the warning!

Since its a pic thread

dsc0107qv0.jpg

i like the look... very, FR deniable...

dont the carabina'd mags catch you in special places? wouldnt the side be better?

R

Edited by Belladonna

Actually the mags havent hit me there but its not a permanent place to hold them, its an old school dumper but I am getting a SAW pouch to fill the empty space on the back of my belt and rig it up to be a dumper.

Magz are these the inserts you are talking about?

http://www.galls.com/google/style.html?*albatross*...64&cat=3011

Like I said Im not getting the PACA to hold plates and weigh myself down but to add a layer to cushion the annoying Camelbak straps and having those cooling inserts would do wonders for all day Op's when the temp reaches over 85. At an op last year the temp hit 90 and I went through a 3 liter hyrdo bladder and 3 canteens and still got dehydrated and got some water from game control.

So what size shuold I get?

Edited by 5 to 1

Those are similar but not the exact ones that i have.

I got mine locally so ill have to dig up some information on them if i can.

Hunk, you live where, jersey? When i lived in jersey the humidity and heat wasnt half as bad as it is down in florida. My advice may be a bit biased considering where i live but from what i know, certain places around the country also feature similar climates.

I just dont want anyone to hurt themselves simply because they wanted to wear a PACA for airsoft to achieve a certain look. (not talking about anyone thats actually using it for a functional purpose such as 5 to 1.)

Btw, what exactly is wrong with your camelbak? For my lighter loadout i wear one with the included straps and ive never had any problems. Where exactly are you getting pinched?

Its not the straps on the shoulders that get me, those are good. Its the straps that go around my stomach that I cnich down nicely to keep it in place that are padded at all that are uncomfortable. These strap are the only thing I have a mild dislike for on the camelbak but other than that its great! When everything is cinched properly it does not moe at all even while jumping up and down, the best part is that I got it for free from my recruiter who left to attend Warrant Officer School. Thanks for all the comments and help, Im pleased with how everything came together and once the few changes are added I'll get some more pics up.