Kangaroo Steak - a reveiw

mower

They certainly do eat dog, but not on a regular basis. I got some from a street vendor whilst "slightly inebriated". I recall it tasted pretty decent, almost sweet. I also ate cat on a stick while I was there. Now thats good stuff. Little bit of Korean BBQ sauce and cat tastes better than BBQ chicken.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know they look amazing dont they? the ones that claires mother cooked the other night werent as good (to be honest she is a librarian and should really stick to tending books rather than cooking) but i has some like that wrapped in bacon with a side of chips and salad at the game keepers secret (sort of a faux english pub/restaurant down the road from me) and that was just good

China - Snake is weird... tastes like any other over-cooked hotpot :P

Snake blood shot is potent as hell... those villagers sure know how to throw one. :mellow: Could only handle one at a time.

====================

Aussieland

I tried some croc jerky and kangaroo jerky... But dried meat just taste like dried meat. And the seafood is maaaahooooosive over there :)

Crazy stuff.

I'd love to live in aussieland, but not in the popular places. Too many Chinese and Japanese, and no one seems to speak English. Even the shopkeepers, spoke Japanese to me.

:mellow:

I personally like Rabbit and Pheasant, shot by myself (or by someone else on the shoot, you never get to pick your bird out of the pile at the end after all)

Tried Ostrich and hated it. Liked horse. Haven't had the chance to get much more adventurous than that, watch this space!

I'd love to live in aussieland, but not in the popular places. Too many Chinese and Japanese, and no one seems to speak English. Even the shopkeepers, spoke Japanese to me.

:mellow:

thats just up in tourist land... if you live away from there people are normal you and i (if slightly weird), the cost of living is so cheap its ridiculous, even drinks in clubs are fairly reasonable (recently i've started drinking newcastle brown ale over here, i love it) and the people are so friendly.

oh and cars are cheap here too, which means its almost as bad as america... for example i will quote one of my best friends "the only things that should come in one and two litres are orange juice and milk"

Well i for one would not want to by a kangaroo testicle beer opener!

But we Swedes manage to sell dried moose poo to the tourists! i have never figured out why you would want a neclace of dried mose poo or a jar full of the stuff!!

Weird food

Kangaroo: tastes good

Frog: not to bad

Snails: jummy

Ants: a Childhood favorite

Squid: (Besides that you have to give them a full out turkish masage before eating Them), ok

Surstromming(Fermented herring with an odeur of rotten egg) Yummy!!

i LOVE squid

down here in SA we have a major squid population and its pretty hard not to go out fishing and not catch a squid. and they taste *fruitcage* awesome!

for the record i tried and failed to find a photo of those bottle openers....  <_<

maybe i'll just buy one next time im at vic market (never)...

EDIT: found a purse instead... for some reason my google page had the safe search filter on...

kangarooscrotum.jpg

do people buy those things??? personaly i would feel a bit weird keeping my small change in something else's nutsack.

i LOVE squid

down here in SA we have a major squid population and its pretty hard not to go out fishing and not catch a squid. and they taste *fruitcage* awesome!

I read in New Scientist that they is now more Squid based biomass on the planet than human biomass.

Thats a lot of squid! and when they look like this:

SUPER SQUID!

I, for one, say we should eat as many of the little buggers as possible; get the numbers down! :D

Archived