bangs

heroshark

you're right he should of shot you. if you done that to me i'd have laced you next time i saw you. 5m is nothing, and with a rifle trained on you, you should have had the decency to take the hit. the guy was trying to save you the pain from 5m, and instead you turned and shot him. thats good sportsmanship. :rolleyes:

people like you are the precise reason i DO shoot everybody. people who dont grasp the concept of fair play and sportsmanship are the ones that get laced.

or blown up.repeatedly.

5m is a perfectly safe distance for a single shot, sure it may hurt a bit more, but its a viable shot none the less.

Nice of him to do it tho, but we operate on a rule of ' if he moves for his gun, shoot him ' I did, and wasnt shot, so I shot him.

Id have been quite happy to take that if he was about few metres closer. 5m is far too far for a shot like that.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday someone charged me as i was swtiching mags and tried to mercy kill/bang kill me, I finished loading the new mag seconds before he charged and yelles at me, I couldnt make out what he said mistaked it for a war cry and lit him up. Unfortunately I drew blood as he only wore a T-shirt, I felt bad about it. Sometimes peoples reactions go before their brain and they shoot like I did, I personally hate the bang rule as I think it makes airsoft unsafe under a lot of situations.

can the original poster adna ll others with large blocks of text remember to use setences and paragraphs, the title of this thread made this thread seem interesting, but a huge block of text is not nice to read.

I'm

sorry :D

is

the

thread :D

not

interesting

purely

just

because

:D of

mine

and

others

lack

of

presentation

I run this rule ay our site as I am totally uncomfy with the complications and probable outcome of the "Are ye takin yer hit?" rule.

2 metres or less, 3 bodies max is the way I play it. Anymore I advise the shortest trigger burst at most in the padded areas.

I personally hate the bang rule as I think it makes airsoft unsafe under a lot of situations.

How can having a rule where you don't shot someone at close (less than 3 meters say) distance make things less safe??

anyway - yeah, a bang can sound like a warcry which is half the reason they are mostly 'optional'. then again I always thought a bang kill was for a more controlled / static situation, rather than a full on Leeroy Jenkins attack.

Simplest approach, imo, is that if your in a bang kill situation yell bang and if they don't go hit right there and then hose them. If its enough of a certain kill situation for a bang to count then you will get them anyway and they might learn to take the kill next time rather than leave with a welt:D

I never use the bang rule any more, because of a situation I got into a few games back at Alpha. I was lying down in my ghillie, and a guy walked straight in front of me about 10 feet away, but due to the cover all I could see was his head, and i didnt want to shoot him with my 340fps CA. So I called bang, it took him about 5 seconds to spot me, and then he just hosed me.

That'll teach me to be polite :P

Although in some situations I would consider using it, but only if there was very little or no chance that the target could successfully respond before I shot them (if they were out of ammo, or prone and looking the other way etc)

So you admit to using underhand tactics? I think most people would agree that that's cheating.  You're basicly lying to someone and taking advantage of their good sportsmanship. One word to describe that, hint - it's filtered ;)

Could say the same for you.

yeah, totally, im such a sneaky cow, its not underhand, its called war, i was takeing advantage of no good nature, my site runs a bang rule, its irelevant. if that had been real, id have taken him prisoner, or like we do in milsim. Yeah, i at no point told him the gun was loaded, or cocked, oh my god im a liar, is there scoreing in airsoft? no, is there any loss to getting a quick walk to the safe zone? no. He took the hit, that was it, it doesnt matter weather it was ready to fire, the 'bank kill' could have been me slugging the guy over the head with the pistol butt, knocking him out, its a game, play it... Pariah, theres no need to be a wingey little baby about these things. afterall, bluffing is the main part of some sports, its not underhand in poker is it? or is fakeing a pass in basketball underhand? because you 'lie' to your opponent?

get a life

I'm                   

sorry                        :D

is

the

thread                                            :D

not

interesting

purely

just

because

:D                                  of

mine

and

others

lack

of

presentation

No, its actually in the forum rules.... so use it, or we set Marlowe on you....

and if i bang rule you with an empty gun, and you take it, thats your problem, not mine, combat isnt fair.

Bang rule. We dont have a bang rule, if you wanna do it then do it but dont get arsey if someone lights you up at 3 feet

Thats the bang rule at my local site and thats how I play it. I'll "bang" someone if I get the drop on them and my barrel is touching them otherwise its a single shot/burst to the torso and if their hand doesnt go up/call hit its more bursts untill it does.

That may sound a bit arsey shooting them untill they put their hand up/call hit but if you'd been lit up the ammount of times I have by people shooting you after they'd been hit with a single shot you'd do the same.

Unreal runs the bang rule. 15ft MAX, 3 people at a time, max. Its to prevent pain when you have a solid close shot on someone or (as happens often) you only have a head to aim at. If someone is 2 floors below you, most are happy to take a bang rather than get shot in the top of the noggin.

At this site you often get 2 lots of people right round the corner from each other. If you turn and fire at waist height and they are crouching/kneeling...theyre gonna get a face full of fire. Id consider such snapshooting at that range as equivalent to blindfire.

Ive been hit at 40ft (admittedly outside bang kill range) in the back of the head and it made me bleed...Im happy to take a bang kill, thanks.

Basically the rule I use is, if they could hear you say Bang at normal voice level then its done dun. But its a courtesy - they dont HAVE to take it. Just be prepared to really fire in case they dont.

I play at several sites where the BANG rule is in play but I have have that 90% of the time players will shoot you. So now I either double tap to the leg or use the hand gun.

Also guys, I don't want to hear anything more about hosing people at point blank.....period!

Making a "bang" kill or "knife" kill is all about the skill and luck of sneaking up on someone. You shouldn't even need a weapon. If you can manage to get that close to them, you desurve that kill.

If you can sneak up close enough to touch someone then you probably have a legitimate knife kill.

The only exception I can see is if, for example, you just ran into a group of opfor and touched them all while shouting "knifekill..knifekill..knifekill..knifekill..knifekill.."

That's not airsoft. That's playing tick. :waggle:

i find its good to always fire a couple of shots off to one side while saying bang, that way the other person is generaly more likely to count it as a hit, as he knows your weapons ready and aimed near him already, and will get shot if he doesnt call it.

where as if you dont shoot off to one side at the same time, the person may just think your bluffing and are out of ammo/batteries.

i find its good to always fire a couple of shots off to one side while saying bang, that way the other person is generaly more likely to count it as a hit, as he knows your weapons ready and aimed near him already, and will get shot if he doesnt call it.

where as if you dont shoot off to one side at the same time, the person may just think your bluffing and are out of ammo/batteries.

Not a bad idea that.

Lightsaber!

ehem

I would happily take a knife kill :D ,if you wonna do a silent kill but not an empty bang though :waggle: .At least fire it away or shoot em on the boot .As for my writing skills, it was a long time ago when I was at school and when I was there I was no good at it :unsure:

Archived