WA Hard Baller

Initial impressions

I received my new WA Hard Baller last night and immediately took it to play at electrowerkz. I will be writing a full review of course, but my initial impressions are:

1. Wow. It's rather big. One guy said "*beep* Basho, you must have a very small penis!". He is no longer with us.

2. It is very similar to a TM 1911 in looks but with upgraded features.

3. It is very heavy, even with the grip weights taken off (to allow me to use my custom grips).

4. It is shooting on ICS green at something like 330fps.

5. The features of the gun are all very well presented but clearly plastic when used.

6. It is accurate as the mathematics calculations of Milliard Gargantubrain.

7. Range is excellent for a stock pistol.

8. I got only 95% of BB's out before gas ran out.

9. The inner barrel is not as long as the outer barrel! Instant upgrade material!

10. It fits in a Warrior holster, and I suspect any 1911 holster that allows for the length.

11. The barrel is SO long that you can pump it like a shotgun!

12. It has been a while since I have used a WA in skirmish... I realised last night that I was REALLY missing it.

Here is a piccy of me playing. You can't tell but I am smiling!:

img_9915.jpg

More images of the gun here:

http://www.outsidecontext.com/2007/07/17/w...ler-first-peek/

Regards,

Basho

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive seen pics of other WA 2011s where the slide has snapped in half after a few mags of green

No you haven't and no they haven't.

The image trolling the forum of a snapped WA slide is most certainly not from use of green gas, there is no way a slide could snap down the middle, if anything the front would crack around the bushing..

How can I back up this claim?

I've owned at least 20 different WA 1911 iterations, and in stock form all of them have handled green with gusto.

--

The slide notch may wear with time, unless you install a short stroke spring or some buffers. Also, the o-ring in the bb unit may become destended with time, easy to replace.

--

Nice picture Basho, looking forward to a more in-depth look some time soon :)

Although judging from that picture, you really need two of them to get the full experience :)

No you haven't and no they haven't.

The image trolling the forum of a snapped WA slide is most certainly not from use of green gas, there is no way a slide could snap down the middle, if anything the front would crack around the bushing..

I'm sorry, what was that?

DSC_0857.jpg

EDIT:

I should note this is from a SCW3 SVI running on duster gas on a hot day.... after 3 mags.

Edited by r.ocelot

I looked at the crack, it has the same consistency of metal/abs mixture as the dremeled section of my hybrid MEU slide. And I never dropped the gun before either. It's cracked at the same location as Heaven'ssnipe's WA, but sadly his images are no longer available.

It's true that WA's are supposed to crack like this:

DSCN0568.jpg

However that was a magna, most of the cracked SCW slides look just like mine.

My advice is to wear a full face mask at all times while shooting this on Green, because when the back of the slide hits you in the face, it'll hit hard.

that's why you're suppose to shoot "gangsta" style. . no chance of it hitting your face. .

btw..I've seen breakages mostly in the front (behind the front sight) and in the rear (around the blowback chamber). . very few (but have seen) around the breech.

Edited by the cleaner

the shorter recoil spring is a big no no. .because there's an area/time when the slide has no compressive load on it as the slide is recoiling.. so by the time the slide is all way back, there's minimal compression on the spring. .thus, all your kinetic energy goes into the slide (not the spring). .and cracking at the beginning of the breech.

w/ longer recoil springs on a stock WA. .it will sometimes do the reverse (as above). .meaning. . when the slide returns to battery with extra force (due to the stiffer spring). .you get the rear of the slide (blowback chamber area) blowing out. .

and then stock spring will blow the front out. .

Edited by the cleaner

I had a WA break like that after I had lent it to a team-mate and said team-mate ate a prodigious amount of sh!t on an obstacle course with my WA in hand.

AFTER that the slide broke in half like that, no cracks were visible at the time. All six WAs I've owned has run on mean green with no trouble, so I call shenanigans on your bisecting slide breakage.

that is so true. .the WA Magna (hicap, SV, Wilson) series were of Japanese quality . . SCW GBBs on the other hand. .are so much lighter and well. .they just feel cheap. .taiwan manufacturing quality.  Maybe not that bad.

My Wilson HiCap is the most unrealistic, but probably the highest quality WA I had, well, when it was new. No rattling, tight fitting internals, current-TM-era quality metal used, and not a single parts has broken. At the risk of getting raped by all the WA SCW3 fanboys here, I'd say the failure rate is about the same as HFC m190s.

• 2 weeks later...