China's Army Hacked Pentagon Network

sekiryu

Right, we'll just forget that the discussion is about current affairs, not what happened 63 years ago.

"built into its very foundations...." Doesn't sound like a phrase you would use when described current affairs, more like a phrase you would say when you were talking about the early history of a country.

edit

Except the PLA would hack your GPS and reroute your bombers to the Pentagon.

Because in China, we actually study geography.

I would rather live in a country with a bad education system then some *suitcasey* police state.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alpha54 - thank god for someone with a working brain. Apart from that does anyone have ANY concept of what a secure comms network is, cos it doesn't look like it.

For those wondering:

The US military uses a coded digital comms system the (in non techie terms) uses the electronic equivalent of a 'one time pad' which is itself impossible to break. Launch codes are not even sent via landline and if you REALLY think hacking NORAD is possible......

The best the PLA could hope for is finding out where the nukes are based (and you can do that in 5 mins on the internet anyway). Any hope of getting anything else is pure pie-in-the-sky.

And as an aside, the NASA hack, while interesting, didn't reveal any military secrets of note. While the USA is sometimes seen as stupid and arrogant it IS a highly secretive country and since 9/11 has become even more so is some respects. And they do take cyber hacking very seriously indeed.

"built into its very foundations...." Doesn't sound like a phrase you would use when described current affairs, more like a phrase you would say when you were talking about the early history of a country.

Haven't heard of Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution, I guess. That kinda changes the country's foundation after, I dunno, someone drops nukes on them and then completely rewrites their constitution.

Haven't heard of Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution, I guess. That kinda changes the country's foundation after, I dunno, someone drops nukes on them and then completely rewrites their constitution.

Here's hoping Russia drops nukes on America so they re-write there constitution.

The Constitution of the United States is a very well written article that details (with the Bill of Rights in tow) what is needed for the basis of a free society.

It only fails when despotic-esq leaders (naming no names) choose to ignore it and the populace feels powerless (or too complacent) to react.

Oh and despite me living in the UK, I am an American :P

(techincally I'm dual national but for sake of argument here I'm a yank)

So free speech, legal ownership of guns, freedom of the press, etc., aren't liked by the rest of the world?

I feel sorry for those poor people.

Referring to your policy on being the world police.

Getting involved with matters, that clearly aren't to do with you.

.... I can quite clearly see Russia's plight now.

Clearly, Night Raven doesn't know what the Bill of Rights is, nor what's contained in it. Let's leave it at that.

BTW, I don't recall "America being the world police" written anywhere in the Constitution--and I do recall the UK trying to be the "world police" for a long time themselves.

Clearly, Night Raven doesn't know what the Bill of Rights is, nor what's contained in it. Let's leave it at that.

BTW, I don't recall "America being the world police" written anywhere in the Constitution--and I do recall the UK trying to be the "world police" for a long time themselves.

True, the UK was the world police once in our history,.. oh of course thats right we had an empire to run, something i have yet to see the US run.

The Conventions of a number of the States having, at the time of adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added, and as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government will best insure the beneficent ends of its institution;

Resolved, by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two-thirds of both Houses concurring, that the following articles be proposed to the Legislatures of the several States, as amendments to the Constitution of the United States; all or any of which articles, when ratified by three-fourths of the said Legislatures, to be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the said Constitution, namely:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment VII

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Bill of right.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map_of_the_British_Empire_in_the_19.jpg

Take a good look at it, thats quite alot of countries we had, so of course you needed police to maintain law an order. ;)

So free speech, legal ownership of guns, freedom of the press, etc., aren't liked by the rest of the world?

Freedom isnt freedom, you still have to follow rules an all, we have free speech, free press etc, but rules are rules.

Dangnamit i dropped my cigarette on my lap. :mellow:

Your constitution, and your government seems to think otherwise.

Its quite clear you don't know what you are talking about, read the constitution again. America was isolationist for a while as well. Attacking America is ok, if its funny or in good humour, if it isn't, most of the time it comes across as ill-informed and petty. You criticize America for being "world police", and then again for not having an empire. Not quite sure what your point is.

True, the UK was the world police once in our history,.. oh of course thats right we had an empire to run, something i have yet to see the US run.

Hmm, as much as I wish the United States would engage in less meddlesome behavior around the world, you clearly haven't heard the phrase "U.S. hegemony."

Unfortunately, the term "empire" can only begin to encompass what the United States' has built/inherited across the globe.

Hmm, as much as I wish the United States would engage in less meddlesome behavior around the world, you clearly haven't heard the phrase "U.S. hegemony."

Unfortunately, the term "empire" can only begin to encompass what the United States' has built/inherited across the globe.

You cant call that an empire. :D:P

I don't have to much of a problem with the US wanting an empire. I just wish it did it more...plainly.

Simply put. Don't claim the others have WMD's instead simply say, we want your oil, welcome to the American Hegemony.

Here's hoping Russia drops nukes on America so they re-write there constitution.

Here's the joke that started this. It makes sense and it's funnay. Then the thread becomes unfunnay because some people didn't get the joke. :rolleyes:

Again, to explain to the slow members:

1. Japanese constitution has clause prohibiting bad behavior, resulting from nuke strike

2. Joke about how same should happen to US. (add clause to prohibit bad behavior).

3. Ignorance and confusion about how right to imperialism is in the US constitution. It's not, which is why the joke is funny.

:rofl: that is so funny.

I mean freedom of the press in America, that is a great joke, really! :rofl:

Let's be honest OK :)

It's clear that the elite are the base. And the rest? well you are tax payers, that about sums it up. ;)

I am not scared. My point is. They got caught, and traced. Which is how we knew it was the PLA. What comforts me, is that you don't hear too often about the U.S hacking other peoples governments. Which obviously means we are better at it.

Eh, *fruitcage* it. Lets go to war.

England you got our backs right? Germany?

Which brings me to my next point, if a major war ever happened again. Look at how many people are on the Allied side this time around.

Pretty much the whole axis army + the old allies, and some new guys V.S some very unlucky nation.

Archived