The A&K M249 Review

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That doesn't look real comfortable holding it by the bipod like that.

It's a throw over from my Army days,i can go prone,extend the bi pod to the firing position a lot faster{if i wanted to}.Truth be told the wacking gret box mag gets in the way & until i buy a smaller box mag the bi pod is the easiest way for me to hold the weapon.

edit:i must point out that i held the bipod of the LSW which is a lot lighter weapon. B)

Edited by rolling-thunder

I was wondering where I could get some replacement micro switches. A quick search yields a bunch for home appliances, but I am not sure if they will work for airsoft. I am planning on checking out local retailers, but was wondering knew of any good websites to get some.

Edited by Badly Browned

Just to ask, is there anyone that can point me to somewhere which offers the Inert Minimi ammunition. I don't really want to pay £15 for 10 rounds from 6mil; postage added on top of that. I do have a load of 5.56mm blanks (spent ammo) here in the house, but don't have the links needed...

Just wondering if anyone has a good link for the Inert 5.56mm ammunition. It preferably needs to be a place to where I can order from a website, as I find that I don't have too much time available to me these days! << Unfortunately... Or, if anyone knows where they sell the links - great! [They must be dirt cheap!!!]

Many thanks, regards, Gaffa. //

I've heard many people complain about how the A&K M249 leans on the box mag when not in use, with the front bipod extended and elevated, will that be an issue?

On my para you have to extend the bipod and the stock all the way out and then itll sit ok with the boxmag off the floor. Its not a problem, the biggest problem was how unstable it used to be if the bipod wasnt fully extended and even when extended very dodgy, blow on it and mine would just roll over and clatter to the floor.

On my para you have to extend the bipod and the stock all the way out and then itll sit ok with the boxmag off the floor. Its not a problem, the biggest problem was how unstable it used to be if the bipod wasnt fully extended and even when extended very dodgy, blow on it and mine would just roll over and clatter to the floor.

wow. I'm guessing the Echo 1 has the same problem then. (they are the same gun...)

would tightening the bipod at where it attaches near the handguard solve anything?

Would anyone have any opinion on the two different types of A&K m249 models. MKII and Para. Is there any pros and cons between the two. The stocks are diff. or course. It looks like the MKII barrel might be longer ?better accuracy?. Any insight would be great!!!

Well they are both glorified motorised bicycle pumps with differant casings.The longer barrel might give more accuracy or longer range but lets be honest,these are toys so it comes down to personal preferance of the models looks.I've got a Para & fitted with an ACOG i think it looks quite tasty.

3feb9e.jpg

3feb10e.jpg

Thanks for the advice I am haveing the hard time of decideding which model to get. You pics look great by the way

If you read through the whole thread there's loads of advice,the only thing that no one can tell you is which model is for you.Depends on where you are going to be using your gun.I spent a weekend of FIBUA carrying round a mark 2 & found that getting through crawl spaces could be a little difficult with out damaging the gun.It wasn't my gun & it was a CA M249 so it was to expensive for me to break.When it came time to buy one myself i figured that the Para version would be easier to lug around inside buildings when climbing in & out of windows & it was more my taste.I was used to the GIMPY & i didn't like that so i didn't want an airsoft model that nearly looked the same & had the same disadvantages.

I tend to milsim so the weapon i take out,barring some real problem is the weapon i'll carry all through the game & i wont mind carrying the Para.