• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
one even had the hots for me

lol, greencard :P

"You get female Japanese exchange students? You suck--ours are always male."

At my school we get tons of females and a few males that look like females =|

I guess they like California =D

Shopping in Japan Town is not always better than shopping at your local asian market =s

Don't forget extra pairs of pants ;)

That's a low blow, Snake.. :D

lol i feel like we are the Proletariat. Eveytime I come visit this thread for updates, I see tons of green in the "Users are reading this topic." Is Big Brother watching over us?

Nah, if we were Proles we wouldn't be worth their time and they'd be supplying the smut, not locking the whole thread for linking to the censored bits of it.

Im sure we touched this topic before, so lets do it again.

What Japanese Modern Visual Culture series, OVA, Movie are you looking forward to that has yet to be released?

Kite:Liberator

Gunslinger Girl 2

Haruhi 2

GITS 3rd Gig (Wishing!)

LS 2 (Wishing too!)

No, big brother isn't watching you. We are. We watch a lot of threads - that's what we do. It seems a lot of posters have some sort of beef with the moderating team doing their job though, and keep harping on about it - that kind of draws one's attention. So far there's nothing wrong about the thread apart from these repeated references. I can't personally see the point of the thread, but you're obviously enjoying yourselves and doing no harm so fair enough. I kind of get the feeling some members are trying to provoke a reaction though - I hope I'm wrong, but if not I'll be happy to oblige if you just spell it out. I'd have thought the whole thread could be covered by links to photobucket or somesuch, but as I say it all seems fairly harmless so far. Keep it that way and you might make it to 100 pages (if that floats your boat).

Have fun with whatever it is you're actually doing.

No, big brother isn't watching you. We are. We watch a lot of threads - that's what we do. It seems a lot of posters have some sort of beef with the moderating team doing their job though, and keep harping on about it - that kind of draws one's attention. So far there's nothing wrong about the thread apart from these repeated references. I can't personally see the point of the thread, but you're obviously enjoying yourselves and doing no harm so fair enough. I kind of get the feeling some members are trying to provoke a reaction though - I hope I'm wrong, but if not I'll be happy to oblige if you just spell it out. I'd have thought the whole thread could be covered by links to photobucket or somesuch, but as I say it all seems fairly harmless so far. Keep it that way and you might make it to 100 pages (if that floats your boat).

Have fun with whatever it is you're actually doing.

lol no beef. I've been on Arnies long enough to know to keep the mods happy dandy. It was just a observation I had. Rarely on the whole 3 years I have been here, seen so many mods pop in an out simultaneously in one thread. The most I count was 4 lol and then I had that 1984 moment.

Edit:

The Japanese anmation company Production I.G has announced on Monday Real Drive (RD Sennō Chōsashitsu), the newest "near-future suspense" anime that it and its Ghost in the Shell creator Masamune Shirow will premiere in April 2008 on Japan's Nippon Television.

The story takes place in 2061, 50 years after humanity developed the "Net society" that depended on information networks despite their security issues. To improve security, a new network called Meta Real Network — or "Metal" for short — was developed. People's personal memories are reduced to information and placed within "protected virtual stand-alone organic cyber enclaves called bubble shells" online. The result was a virtual "explosion" of creative freedom as people felt safe enough explore instincts and desires on Metal that they would not otherwise explore in real life. This "friction" between the Metal's alluring lack of restrictions and rules-bound reality led to trouble and incidents that investigators known as "cyber divers" must handle. Masamichi Haru is one such cyber diver.

CROSSROAD (Ghost Hound, Appleseed: Ex Machina) will contribute to the story's creation with Production I.G. and Shirow. Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Le Chevalier D'Eon, Rurouni Kenshin, Zipang) will direct the series with scripts supervised by Junichi Fujisaku (Blood+ director and co-writer of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE The Movie: Princess of the Birdcage Kingdom, xxxHOLiC the Movie: A Midsummer Night's Dream). Manga artist Tetsuro Ueyama (Metal Guardian Faust) will design the characters.

There goes my plans for GITS 3rd Gig anytime soon :\ New estimate Spring-Fall 2009

Archived