• Bi
    • Trans
    • Asexual
    • Unsure

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not gay in the least bit

but i have no problem with gay people male or female.

infact they are some of the funniest and coolest people you'll ever meet!

and i also believe that just b/c someone is gay doesnt mean they dont like guns and stuff like that

so i welcome any and all gays to airsoft!

Don't know what you're missing :o

Always amuses me how many straight lads (tends to be the younger, less sure ones) are convinced ALL gay men want THEM.

I could understand it if they were beating women off with a stick, but that's rarely the case :)

Cheers.

Yes, but when us straight blokes look this good, what's not to want? ;)

IMG_0152.jpg

And the joke goes right over Lance's head, as usual.

No i got the joke, i just didn't find it funny to be honest. I was answering this:

What is the entymology behind that phrase?

i can't work out where the phrase comes from either. Something else - why would you ever shake a stick at something, or swing a cat?

i can't work out where the phrase comes from either. Something else - why would you ever shake a stick at something, or swing a cat?

If something is giving you unwanted attention or "attacking" you, you'd beat it off with a stick.

Shaking a stick at somebody is a threatening gesture, or at least one of defiance. So to say that you have shaken a stick at somebody is to suggest that person is an opponent, perhaps a worthy one.

The cat may be the cat o'nine tales, the short vicious whip used on ships for punishment.

Me? No.

However, I fully support the rights and freedoms of those that are. From a philosophical view point I really hate to label anyone as anything. Is Portillo gay because he tried it at uni? Not to my mind. Labels are one of the tools of evil; it is treating people as different and putting them into boxes. People are people not objects one can catalogue.

Basho

I love the "I'm straight, not that I've got anything against the gays you know - unless of course they molest me sexually of course, can't be having that, what?" replies, they make me chuckle.

Sorry fellas, I've never fancied trying manflesh.

I have been accused of it a lot since joining the Services. It was odd because no-one had EVER mentioned it before, but apparently I mince a lot and sound quite camp from time-to-time. I also make very inappropriate gags as well. It's all good banter :)

Note to the under-18s: If a woman asks you to "beat off" her "stick", run the *fruitcage* away.

ROFL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But yeah, wow, I had no idea this thread concept had been bone before.

It was back in 2005 though so if nothing else it'll be interesting to see how the results differ now from two years ago. And it is quite true that you're sexual orientation has absolutely nothing to do with how you play airsoft, and whether you like boys or girls or both doesn't matter when you're laying face down in the mud clutching your gun and trying not to get shot.

The important thing in airsoft is, as many have said, that you are an honorable player, call your hits, and that you just have fun playing. So from that point of view this topic is pretty pointless, but you know what? I was bored and I had never seen a topic like this before an airsoft board so I thought it might be fun. And quite fun it is being! ^_^

All the responses have been good and thoughtful so keep up the good work lads!

And Viper... I'll take your word for it that you're a sheet rock hanging manly man, but if that's the case you might want to consider changing the avatar and signature a wee bit if you're concerned about your manly image ;)

There should be a 4th option - asexual. People who are neither gay or straight, but have no romantic or sexual desires towards anyone, of any sex. Thats where I fit in.

Never had a 'crush', never gotten horny just at the sight of someone, never wanted to 'be' with anyone. The one time I did have a girlfriend, I found sex and the entire relationship thing a total and utter bore. First time I had sex I was like "Was that IT?". Nor can I understand anyone who is a servant to the sechs...they cant live without it and make it their No1 priority. I just cannot understand that mentality at all (though Im not against anyone who is that way!).

So yeh, thats me. No sechs please, Im Brutish ;)

Poll results must be wrong, last time I went to my local I was the only one there to take a girl! I even took 3 a couple of times, YES, you heard it correctly 3 girls at an airsoft event. And YES they kick *albatross*, one in particular is a cold killer with far better tactical kill skills than me and many of the Allthegear fraternity.

Perhaps you should have asked if there was anyone here that enjoyed football or soccer, that would have given us a more truer reflection of the current airsofting sexual swing.

Now heres a really hard challenge for you all, next time you go airsofting you must take a live non-related female with you, you might enjoy it.

There should be a 4th option - asexual. People who are neither gay or straight, but have no romantic or sexual desires towards anyone, of any sex. Thats where I fit in.

Never had a 'crush', never gotten horny just at the sight of someone, never wanted to 'be' with anyone. The one time I did have a girlfriend, I found sex and the entire relationship thing a total and utter bore. First time I had sex I was like "Was that IT?". Nor can I understand anyone who is a servant to the sechs...they cant live without it and make it their No1 priority. I just cannot understand that mentality at all (though Im not against anyone who is that way!).

Didn't they have a patient like that on Grey's Anatomy?

He had an adrenal tumour or something similar causing a lack of interest in sex.

Unless you've already discussed it with a doctor, it might be an idea as it could be a symptom of another issue.

So the poll should be updated then? Something like:

Asexual

Bisexual

Homosexual

Hetrosexual

Welsh

Hmm.. wow... yeah... I guess it takes all kinds :P

I don't know, maybe you're like a furry or something and just don't know it yet. LOL No offense ment though, I'm a furry myself so it wasn't ment as a slander or anything. I'd be willing to bet that there's someone or something out there that trips your trigger though, it's just possible that you havn't quite found her/him/it yet.

But yeah, on that note, maybe I should have started a "Are you a furry?" poll. That would have been fun... there could have been responses like "ZOMG! I is teh furry!" and "No, no, and no!" and "Wait? What's a furry.. AHH! *fruitcage* no! No! Why did you even tell me about this!?" :lol:

Ive not really discussed it with anyone tbh...I never really thought about it much till earlier this year.

Its odd...since Ive turned 30, Ive started analysing and learning more about myself than ever before. I mean, one time I honestly thought that I should have been born a girl because of my complete apathy towards women...before I realised the total apathy extended towards men, too. Im a guy, and comfy with that now...but Im not a MANly man if you get my meaning. Zero testosterone, no interest in manly sports...nothing.

Amusing anecdote I thought Id share:

When I had my GF we were in bed watching the 1997 Australian Grand Prix (yes, its THAT long ago). I found sex so utterly mind numbingly boring, Id only start bonking her during the advert breaks.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I can honestly say that Murray Walker excites me more than sex!

Edit:

Oh, I know what a Furre is and I cannot understand the hatred of them. Its just another fantasy or fetish!

But wait Alice, if a transexual fancies someone of the gender they were born as (so a woman in a man's body fancies a bloke) are they homosexual or hetrosexual in your list?

After all, transexuality has nothing to do with the act of sex or what gender they're attracted to, it's about the person in the wrong gendered body.

should be updated to

Hetero

Homo

Bi

Trans

Unsure

Asexual

Hmm.. good idea. It seems I can't go back and edit the poll at this point so if you'd like to change it up a bit and add some more options than I'm quite fine with that ^_^

Archived