Zombie Huntin'

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want a deadly shotgun, you get that 23mm Russian that uses 'failed' AA-gun barrel blanks... :)

Nothing pissy like 10-gauge... *grin*

Pity no one does an airsoft replica of Beretta Extrema2 semi-auto shotgun... So little recoil it can be -controlled- one-handed... Not that you really should do that, but it means you can keep on shooting without bruising yourself out...

Hmm.... For an OTT zombie outbreak/vampire hunter/supernatural-malevolent-force-fighting individual, inspired by the stereotypical sohei I would go:

-Russian 'Shadow' trousers and shirt

-Black Danner Striker II or Oakley SI Assault boots (trousers tucked into boots)

-Black flight gloves

-Black PACA soft armor (over the shirt)

-Baggy black jacket (quarter-length sleeves, knee-length 'skirt', open front) (over the armor)

-Black MOLLE belt with holster, magazine pouches, flares, UV grenades, &c., with harness... and Buddhist prayer beads

-Black, 'Shadow'-pattern, or white cowl worn about the head.

For weapons... probably an H&K P30 for a sidearm (or USP since there is no airsoft P30, yet), a katana (of course), G36K, and, of course, ofuda. Lots and lots of ofuda....

I may attempt a browner version with MultiCam....

right the way I see it, I'll be wearing whatever I am wearing the minute the outbreak happens. Providing I survive the initial attacks and find somewhere to "hole up" i would be arming myself with whatever I could find around.

I'm guessing the only people with any kind of firearms would be the police, armed forces, or local farmers/country folk with shotguns.

So the chances of me getting hold of a firearm is pretty small. So i'd probably go with whatever is in my garage. We have a chainsaw. BUT power tools scare the hell out of me :) so I won't be using that... There are a couple of small axes. and other garden tools. They would probably be my choice of "protection"

But i'm quite sure staying in my house and boarding up the windows and doors would be a great idea. My house is at the highest point in the town and would be suitable to mount a defense against shambling corpses.

On the other hand... It's all fantasy right :)

I'd be wearing... Exactly what I wear normally... In the end I'd hate to get eaten by a zombie and have to spend the rest of the after life dressed tragically unfashionably. So I would still be sporting my CBGB era punk attire.

Weapons wise. I would be happy with a 1911 based pistol, a real steel cousin of my SVI 3.9" would suit me :)

any kind of shotgun for those close encounters, prefferably something that can be reloaded easily and holds at least 7 rounds. A street sweeper would be lovely, but it is a bit bulky and i don't think it would make as good a club for head smashing as a "normal" shotgun. I think, a benelli nova would do me. only because they look dead sexy :) but saying that, this video sways my decision a bit :)

but if were going of guns that have airsoft counterparts, a benelli M3 cut down/full stock :)

and of course, a rifle for those "Lets sit on the roof with a six pack and take pot shots" moments. I'd be happy with something bolt action. As I use an APS2 when i'm softing, i'd be happy with it's real world counterpart the Steyr SSG.

Considering how big those seem to be (at least the ones I have seen in person, over a yard of blade), I'd say best place to put that is to ram it through the first zombie and leave it there...

You should also note that pulling a trigger is not going to be a good idea, since there apparently isn't any barrel on that thing...

• 2 weeks later...

retards007.jpg

retards017.jpg

just some fooling around. better images once i photoshop some zombie fx.

((health and safety gumf. i am qualified as a range officer. i check and recheck all RIFs and IFs are made safe prior to use. dummy magazines are used, again checked and rechecked to ensure they are empty. battery chambers and connectors are also checked and re checked to ensure no batteries are present. i'f you're not going to be super mad insane OCD safety wise, don't mess around with guns, or anything that looks like one. period. i know what i'm doing to be able to make these photos safe, hopefully for your enjoyment. please don't waste space telling me i need eye protection. zombified mannequns were not harmed in the making of this farce))

Right, I've decided I need a decent shotgun. I'm looking for something with a good "feel" - nice and heavy, with a sweet sounding (and feeling) cocking mechanism. Personally, I'm drawn to the G&P M870 with long barrel and folding stock:

GP-SG-GP300.jpg

...though I'd also get a torch foregrip for it. What I really want is a Franchi PA-8 as used in Dawn Of The Dead, but this looks close enough. I might however go for a full stock shotgun, like Ving Rhames uses in the film.

I'm also considering gas guns (more realistic feel? You tell me!) but I don't want one that ejects the shells, as I'm worried about losing them while skirmishing.

I'm currently pm'ing people in the shotgun pictures thread for advice, but if anyone here can advise me on a good shotgun that's heavy, looks badass and feels good to use please pm me!

If your after a nice full metal gas shotgun the only real option imo is the marushin m500 or perhaps one of the clones of it but i don`t know anything about the quality of the clones. It is the only decent full metal shotgun as far as i know apart from the wa shan double barrel that fires more than one bb and it doesn`t use shells.

IMO the gas line of 870s feel like garbage. The pump sounds awesome but everything else is trash.

I thought they had 870s and Mosebergs in the film? I know Ving had an 870 in the start and then him and CJ got what I thought were Mosebergs or more 870s from Andy's.

Archived