Zombie Huntin'

Why does everyone assume theyll just be able to walk into a fully stocked military base and take everything? A lot of peoples plans seem to depend on this...

.....it's a Zombie Apocalypse... are we really going to argue the reality of which is more plausible? Walking dead and/or getting military grade weapons that may/may not be common in the first place?

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outbreak, location: Corpus Christi, Texas.

Weapons:

- M4A1 with reflex sight and Surefire barrel mounted light

- GLOCK 17 (standing in for a model 22 that so many of our officers carry,) or Beretta 92FS

- 9 mags, primary (real caps)

- 5 mags, secondary

Clothing and Load Bearing Equipment:

- olive drab BDU trousers

- gray undershirt

- hiking shoes

- olive drab Blackhawk .223 chest rig (eight primary mags, two secondary)

- thigh holster

- pistol mag belt pouches

- Blackhawk Nomex aviator gloves

- Eagle patrol pack

- dark blue Carharrt waterproof breathable jacket with hood for colder weather

You guys should redo your guns becuase zombies only die from headshots, theyre brain is the only thing keeping them alive. Not their heart, or lungs.

Without a military base, i'd probs stay in a lighthouse. they have BIG heavy entrance doors.

You guys should redo your guns becuase zombies only die from headshots, theyre brain is the only thing keeping them alive. Not their heart, or lungs.

Without a military base, i'd probs stay in a lighthouse. they have BIG heavy entrance doors.

That's why I said AA12/USAS. Nothing better for Zombie hunting than autoshotguns :D . Also interesting idea for the lighthouse, if only because you'll have plenty of warning if your at the top and you can shoot as they come up. Bell tower could work too I suppose.

That's why I said AA12/USAS. Nothing better for Zombie hunting than autoshotguns :D . Also interesting idea for the lighthouse, if only because you'll have plenty of warning if your at the top and you can shoot as they come up. Bell tower could work too I suppose.

Shotgun ammo is too large, and zombies only need headshots. A .22 pistol could do more then enough damage then them. And good luck controlling them. if zombies were real, then headshots are the only way to kill them. Getting up close isn't suggested. Left 4 dead is a horrible representation of an apocalpyse.

EDIT: The door would be locked. I'd shoot them from the light.

Left 4 dead is a horrible representation of an apocalpyse.

Never played it. Only Zombie experience I have are fills, and the classic ones at that. Baring Zombieland. First "new one" I saw in years and it was mf-ing great. All hail the double barrel!

Shotgun ammo is too large, and zombies only need headshots. A .22 pistol could do more then enough damage then them.

Not reliably, though, I'd say more but I'm pretty sure talking about what can happen when a .22 impacts a human skull would go under discussion of terminal ballistics. Would it be safe to say that there are people that have cool scars around their head from getting shot? Also, .22 ignition is not as reliable as I would like, due to the manufacturing process, I've gotten too many FTFs, hammer hit the rim just fine, but didn't light anything off. Sometimes reloading it and trying again will find a spot with primer compound, but I don't want to have to do failure drills that often. It's also tough to find a .22 pistol with more than 10 round magazines, barring one of those Ruger 10/22 pistols.

And good luck controlling them. if zombies were real, then headshots are the only way to kill them. Getting up close isn't suggested. Left 4 dead is a horrible representation of an apocalpyse.

That really depends on what kind of zombies you are thinking of. The 28 days later zombies are really a lot more likely to actually happen (aside from vomiting up a quart of blood at the drop of a hat), and they would be a good choice for shotguns, but not the AA12, that POS has been going around under different names since the 70s, nobody has ever used it for a reason.

Otherwise, I think a 5.45 AK would be a good choice around here, ammo is all over the place, cheap to stock up on beforehand, the guns themselves are extremely cheap ($400 or so), and the ammo is light. If you are feeling like paying the tax stamp for an SBR, or are hoping that a zombie apocalypse would shut down the ATF (I'm pretty sure they would ally themselves with the zombies), a 74U copy would work well, too. Especially if you take a page from Elmer Keith's book and inlay something on the front sight for different distances, allowing you to easily adjust for elevation while still seeing the target. The 74 would be cheaper, easier for a beginner to use, and have a flatter trajectory, but the U would be lighter, more compact, and be able to hit well out there if used by someone that knows it well.

I haven't got a good zombie loadout thought up, I keep second-guessing it.

I find it strange that in this modern day and age, there are still those who cannot accept the plausibility of a zombie apocalypse. Talk to any biologist and he/she'll happily explain to you how this phenomenon already manifests itself naturally in other species of the animal kingdom. All it takes is someone twisted enough to engineer any of the pathogens to cross our species plus tweak its incubation period.

I find it even more strange that those who do believe, think that they'll be able to walk inside a gun store, find what they want and use it. One, the guns there don't have their firing pins so best bet on the older guns that have their pins part of the hammer (old revolvers and old shotguns). Two, just about every guy would be thinking the same thing making the chances of you being left with something to grab even slimmer. Only real chance to get proper guns is to have them stashed in your basement to begin with.

.22 would be a terrible idea.

.223 would be the best in this situation, its isnt super hard to find, and its heavy, and well they arent wearing body armor....

Also shotguns are a good idea, in the event if one gets too close you dont exactly have to very accurate to take it out.

Following the outbreak of the the War (WWZ) the UK has all but been wiped out, a northern defence zone has been set up on the boarder between England and Scotland as thanks to the Scotish highlands and colder climate this has helped the newly form UK Defence force to clear and sweep the whole country prepering for the counter attack to clear the Mainland.

UKDF is made up of what remains of the pre war Army, RAF and Royal Royal. The Naval arm of the UKDF have moved there fleet to the WW1 naval base at Scapa Flow and the rest of the UKDF have taken up positions in Scotland.

UKDF.jpg

Uniform1-1.jpg

I may have had a bit of time on my hand :D but I don't care, I need to come up with my webbing Ideas hmmmm

Any advice?

I may have had a bit of time on my hand :D but I don't care, I need to come up with my webbing Ideas hmmmm

Any advice?

This is an awesome idea.

Webbing-wise, it'd be best to use what's readily available to the Armed Forces at the time and in abundance in the civilian sector. So pretty much just tons of PLCE and 58 Pattern webbing, and possibly a mix of the two. Like, 58 yolk and belt with PLCE pouches, or vice versa, or PLCE belt and yoke, with a mixture of PLCE and 58 pouches, and vice versa. You might be able to get away with some ALICE gear, and maybe some of the Russian and Eastern bloc gear that's flooding the market, but the majority would most likely be outfitted with PLCE. Depending on your time line, there's going to be a hell of a lot of PLCE floating around, what with the Army adopting the new camo and equipment, which pretty much means that all the old kit the squaddies were using will end up in the civilian sector after they've sold a ton of it to some backwater ex-colony in Africa.

I had a played with a set of PLCE I have in my kit box and I don't like I would like to play with in a game lol I have a light weight rig I play with I migh mod into my WWZ stuff.

Also run my FBSE molle plate carrier to Which I have set up just the way I like it so will try that with my UKDF stuff and see how it look :D

Thinking of writing a story abit like WWZ just the British version hmmmmmm

Anyone here have the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks? Think it covers everything :D

I have indeed, think it's abit much to make it your basic training handbook :P

I think I'll go with light weight rig to start with, Mag pouchs, Knive, dump pouch, radio and possible a pistol even if I do have to lose one of my mag pouches.

will have a go at knocking it tomorrow or this evening :huh:

Archived