AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has a an94? I've checked the old threads but I guess its too hard to make. Or people just don't like it. :huh:

An94

-Nice RK02 btw.

I do like the AN-94 but then I like peculior guns. It would be a complete pain to build, even for a proper company, as stated the mag goes in at a sloped angle (this is because if the complex 2-round burst mechanism), the 2 round burst feature fires at about 1800rpm, on full auto it fires 2 rounds at that high rate then drops down to about 600rpm (this would be very hard since you'd need a sudden gear change in an AEG which would also mean either having a very powerful motor you then geared down (wasteful on juice) of have a less powerful motor that had to occasionally drive the piston at a very high rate (strenuous on the motor and possibly gear box). Also the barrel recoils. You could of course just make on as a standard AEG with some normal rate burst feature but that seems a bit lame...

P.S. You could of course make one as a GBB but it would still have to be almost as complex as the real thing (the burst mech uses a cam and wires if I recall correctly) and it's be a GBB rifle, which no one would buy...

Edited by ninja master of coffee
love the akms grim, I plan on getting one soon when I get my settlement. Probly gonna get the akms and akms carbine from RMW

Its not so bad matey - seen a lot worse

Courtesy of blink, and about 6 hours of my own work!

Please don't quote pictures or double post.

Debating on whether or not I want to order the Romanian folding stock and complete the build, because my battery storage goes to ###### if I do.

quite nice although if i am honest i think the pistol grip lets the rest of it down....

Edited by Hoppum
Really? Sorry it looks exactly like the maglight I have sitting next to my desk my bad. Very nice gun. I can't make up my mind between an AIMS or a AK-74M.

it feels like a maglight, has the weight of a maglight, so I have no problems with people saying I have a maglight for a silencer :)

P.s. i tell people its a maglight.

ilovics, what is the make/base gun of the top AIMS?

Also, I need you guys help. On my old CM028S I want to cut the barrel down so the front sight post sits flush to the gas tube. How would I accomplish this without a dremel?

Hacksaw would do it just as well as a dremel.

ohh, nice VFC AIMS. hows the blowback feature? where did you get your real deal romy hand guards? still contemplating on where i should buy mine -_-

EDIT*

actually now that i look at it again, those hand guards dont look as bad as the ones in the retailer pics. did you swap out your pistol grip with a different one?

Edited by 0nslaught
The handguards are badly shaped, i dont think there are any airsoft AIM handguards that look good, realsteel is the best and also the cheapest way.

IF you can get them or a sodding US retailer to ship them too you ;) But at least AIM parts a re a lot easier to track down the AK74 wood parts

The vfc aims lower handguard is a lot large than the real deal, its designed to fit a lipo which I've always found strange as the battery space in the vfc aks well designed and more than enough for most people needs.

The quality of the wood is a lot better than the 'orange' versions that have been posted on the forums up until know, a good sand down and a re stain and it would look even better, the finish of the metal is very nice as well.

88715160001ju7.jpg

88715110001nf6.jpg

I like the blowback simple really its fun and it as it masks a lot of the 'sewing machine' sound that i particularly do not like from aegs, I have not taken it apart yet but it appears solid and well made with the system being attached to behind the piston and not directly to it. People will just say its a gimmick to me i say, so what, its fun it works and does add something to the firing in my eyes and something is better than nothing.

88715060001kp7.jpg

88715080001my7.jpg

88715180001ng1.jpg

Also, I need you guys help. On my old CM028S I want to cut the barrel down so the front sight post sits flush to the gas tube. How would I accomplish this without a dremel?

A tube/pipe cutter (like this one: linky ) would do the job nicely, it'll also be smooth edged, which is a good thing if your sawing is anything like mine.

Wow, puding, you have.... my dream gun... (for the moment). Those are the best pics of the VFC AIMs I've seen so far (other than website pics). I like how the VFC AIMs look even if some say its not too real. The whole fat forgrip thing works for me. :D Thanks!

Is that the stock VFC foregrip with nothing done and did you change the pistol grip or did they do away with the whole fruity thing?

Edited by Revenge Seeker

It's a TM, with KA ak74 metal body and front set. Romanian foregrip and stock, ribbed cover and akm muzzle break.

akgroup.jpg

ak742.jpg

ak741.jpg

Is there a RS equivilent to the last pic, (ak74 with 7.62 mag) ? i really like the look of it.

I used ronseal walnut satin stain after i sanded off the origional varnish.

But to be honest, it looks a lot better in that picture than in real life cause the wood kit i got wasn't really well made so the handguards are mishapen. Also, the job i did of re-finishing it wasn't too good cause the butplate doesn't sit flush with the stock now after the sanding. I should have used gloss stain aswell, not satin.

Thanks for the comments though!

Edited by Money Bags