NERF M249ish affair!

farrasdevell

Now i'm sure somewhere there is an application for this

Nerf Vulcan EBF-25 Is Plastic And Foam Pwnage

By Evan Ackerman

Nerf%20N-Strike%20Vulcan%20(Custom).jpg

Back in the day, I was pretty proud of my Nerf Bow n’ Arrow. Recent Nerf innovations have made it about as obsolete as a real bow and arrow would be when compared to something like, oh, an M61 Vulcan. The recent Nerf innovation I am referring to specifically is of course the Nerf Vulcan EBF-25 electrically powered, belt fed, tripod mounted, foam dart annihilation machine. According to the Hasbro press release, it’ll come with a 25 dart ammo belt, and will run off of 6 D batteries. I’d love to know what the rate of fire is, and whether or not you can combine multiple ammo belts out of the box. It doesn’t really matter, though, since Nerf weaponry has a long history of user modification. My guess is that within a week of its fall 2008 release, industrious juvenile warmongers will have figured out how to jack it into a car battery and turn it into something magnificently dangerous. MSRP $39.99, recommended for ages 6 and up.

nerf2%20(Custom).jpg

Pictures of “Titan” (from American Gladiators, I guess) showing off a demo unit after the jump.

[ Hasbro Press Release ]

wov! That is some serious office weapon. Looking forward to get my dirty hands on one of them :) Me and my flatmates are serial-nerf-killers. We have 7 guns and roughly 250 foam darts (4 or 5 types). I shall be king of the hill with this monster. :D Damn it will cost an arm and a leg to buy "backup" ammo

That seems to be properly belt-fed dunnit? :D

Must say, I can see the ROF being sort of "Whiiirrrr, cer-lunk, click, POP...Whiiirrrr, cer-lunk, click, POP...Whiiirrrr, cer-lunk, click, POP..." if you see what I mean.

Bearing in mind how easily a V2 gearbox breaks, I can't see how they could make this strong enough to fire fast and cost $40.

The gun is cheap (but wonder if it will hit the UK, you can't get the other NERF guns here either) but if you have a decent ROF then you need 4 or 5 belts of ammo for one battle. 150 extra ammo .. oh well.. I think my Canadian friends have to get to Zellers again :P

only $40 ?

thats about 20 quid, which is pretty cheap. especially if the RoF is pretty decent.

Hi Stealth,

I got one of those pump-action full-auto NERF guns for my friend. It is a bugger to pump it up each time before firing (well, he can do it pretty quickly. He has been single for 4 years now :) ) but it can unload 22 rounds under 4 seconds. Not bad :) And it seem to be sturdy enough to last at least 40-50K rounds. And at 40 dollars it is really really worth it.

That seems to be properly belt-fed dunnit? :D

Must say, I can see the ROF being sort of "Whiiirrrr, cer-lunk, click, POP...Whiiirrrr, cer-lunk, click, POP...Whiiirrrr, cer-lunk, click, POP..." if you see what I mean.

Bearing in mind how easily a V2 gearbox breaks, I can't see how they could make this strong enough to fire fast and cost $40.

Nerf guns are not for sniping your colleague/friend/enemy from 2 miles. They are in-door toys. So their 12-15 feet range is enough and as with every NERF gun you can "spice" the spring up a bit to get some extra range.

Only thing I am missing is a remote controll with camera so I can annihilate my friends when working from home.

With Nerf's offerings to far, I wouldn't get TOO hyped up about this. I doubt it's even full auto, and if it IS full auto, I doubt the range is very good at all.

Archived