Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TM and JG aug mags are compleatly interchangable.

To make a STANAG mag fit an AUG you need to cut the AUG magwell larger. as well as cutting a hole in the mag for the mag releace.

if nobody noticed the AUG mag is longer than the STANAG (front to back) and so you need to seat the STANAG mag further forward in the aug than normal. This means that you need to brace the back of the mag or magwell to make a STANAG fit, and not fall out.

I was trying to make a block to sit in the back of the aug magwell to make the STANAG mag sit in the right place AND have the mag releace come round the side of the STANAG mag. That way you dont need to cut the mags at all. And you get a truly STANAG AUG.

(This prodject is dropped at the moment, due to other prodjects.... and life)

(Image Snipped)

Testing out my new Canon, and thought it'd be a good idea to take a picture of the AUG!  Just a bog-standard TM AUG A2, with a reflex sight and additional flip up sights for added coolness. Bought it from Skippy at the start of this year, and aside from a few problems borne about by my airsoft inexperience, its great. Love it!

What flip-up iron sights are you using, if you don't mind? I could use some for my AUG.

amateurstuntman, (or anyone else who'd know)

Are the TM and CA uppers and barrels interchangable between brands?  I.e. CA barrel on TM recievers; TM barrel in CA upper in TM lower; etc...

Also FYI the Both Elephant (Metal Gearbox version) carbine barrel is interchangeable with JG / TM / CA receivers! The BE receivers aren't worth messing about with but the barrels are if you're on a budget

Although the BE carbine outer barrel is plastic and it has a fixed hop, for CQB using .20bb the hop and inner barrel are actually surprisingly good and unless you're a complete airsoft snob it's a REALLY cheap way to get a carbine front end and a backup / spare V3 gearbox in the process.

Also in an emergency if your "best" Aug fails, you can swap the long barrel onto the BE receiver and off you go.

I'll try and get some pics up here later on of the two of them.

That is quite simply insane. You must link me immediately as to where I may purchase these items. Mainly the barrels, and A3-esque receiver.

What flip-up iron sights are you using, if you don't mind? I could use some for my AUG.

I bought them off evilhippy in his massive sale. I think they're the ones that come with the TM AUG, but I bought my second hand off skippy, and didn't get any so I don't know.

EDIT: Yeah, they're from the AUG civ, which is what I have. You get them with them.

Shot of the sights:

img0041gw7.th.jpg

The sheer brightness of the flash makes the AUG look like its a Military AUG (Tan) and not olive green, lol!

I need to give the receiver a good going over with some black paint - not painted an airsoft gun before, what paints do you suggest? The receiver is metal, just so you know :P

Edited by Fullforce

oh my GOD, i love it, i love it so much it hurts

WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME RSOV, WHY IS MY AUG NOT HERE YET SO I CAN START BEING A COPY CAT... WHY

quick question, it that body, OD, Khaki, or Tan? whatever it is, its sexy

Also FYI the Both Elephant (Metal Gearbox version) carbine barrel is interchangeable with JG / TM / CA receivers! The BE receivers aren't worth messing about with but the barrels are if you're on a budget

Although the BE carbine outer barrel is plastic and it has a fixed hop, for CQB using .20bb the hop and inner barrel are actually surprisingly good and unless you're a complete airsoft snob it's a REALLY cheap way to get a carbine front end and a backup / spare V3 gearbox in the process.

Also in an emergency if your "best" Aug fails, you can swap the long barrel onto the BE receiver and off you go.

I'll try and get some pics up here later on of the two of them.

Where's the best place to get the BE Carbine? Where'd you get yours from, how much etc?

Thanks

aw well, ill leave em on just for looks. shame as i dont really like red dots or Scopes. saying that i would have bought the JG AUG A1 if they bloody got off their arses and made one, i cant belive only CA is making a decent one these days.