Aug Picture Thread

What can I say? I wouldn't do that to an AUG, but then it's not my AUG... I know some people baulk at the sight of my evil stubby ###### AUG, but I love it...

Either way, the last two look far too stumpy, the first one is the only one that keeps a sense of proportion...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a while since I posted some pics in here, and since my housemate has a shiny new digital camera and Treadhead was kind enough to send me the first prototype of the standard capacity 42-round AUG magazine, I figure that now's the time...

Some of these files are LARGE, so be advised....

42-round Steyr AUG magazine, standard capacity (holds around between 100 and 110, depending how much effort you put into shoving the last few in):

3270418854_39ea15f7e0_b.jpg

All credit to Treadhead for a fantastic job. Thanks, mate. :)

Some shots of the AUG H-Bar-T (Heavy-barrel with Telescopic sight) with the new 42-round mag:

3269598193_69770398ee_b.jpg

3270457552_12e3c92954_b.jpg

3269636129_72448857f8_b.jpg

3269636743_d95700f46c_b.jpg

Edited by Hedganian
Your tac light is crooked. :P

Loving the comedy black-tape mag-pulls, as well.

Welcome to Arnies - great first post. :D

Ya the tac light was for a night game at an OP I went to, the set up is temporary till Zephyr and I do what Tbone did. Do you bros know what mag-puls to get for the AUG mags? I haven't had time to experiment.

Welcome fellow AUG brother! :D Loving the ACOG up there and the bodged magpuls!

Personally I'd ditch the BUIS as they're worthless at best - they don't work well and they don't look good.

Also, I hate to say it, but you spelled Steyr wrong in your sig image...

Holy Sheep Sh!t your right about the sig! I'll get right on it. BUIS?? I have never heard that term before, explane. :huh:

Fair enough!

As far as I know there are no dedicated magpuls available for AUG mags - you usually see people making do with bodge tape and a loop of paracord. That said, if yours work, then why change 'em?

Personally, due to the ridge around the end of the mag, I've never had trouble getting AUG mags from pouches, but that's could be as much down to choice of pouch as anything else - PLCE all the way when I'm running an AUG!

Zepher - I *LOVE* that taclight mounted on your scope with an upside-down scope ring!. Genius. :D Not too sure about the black-taped presure switch though, but if it works.... What kind of rail option are you thinking of using?

On the subject of Magpulls - I honestly don't see the point or need for these, especially on on AUG mags. Or G36 Mags either.

I think they're an American thing, never seen any British soldiers using them (not that I'm saying none of them do, just never seen any) and I've been a serving Reservist for 10 years now. I've never had an issue with getting issue SA80 mags in or out of my pouches, and I've certainly never had a problem with my airsoft mags.

Why spend extra money on something you don't really need that just makes your mags bigger? But hey, if you think you need them and/or you just want to have them, then you carry on. I don't think they make them specifically for the AUG though. :unsure:

On the subject of BUIS - I'm using these on my A3esque AUG, which are good in both form and function (even having two rear sight aperature sizes, for high and low light condtions). Another good option would be to get some MP7 sights and use those (I plan to use MP7 sights as BUIS on my AUG SR, as soon as I can get some). Both options would give you fully adjustable aim, to allow zeroing, as well as looking good and being durable. All things the standard plastic TM sights don't have.

Only one more issue - I'm sure you've put that scope where it's comfortable for you, but you might be better off putting your rear BUIS behind it instead of in front of it, if that won't affect your use of the scope too much. The iron sights will work better that way than closer together as you have them. Just a thought.

Edited by Hedganian