Anger over 'shoot Arabs' battle game

sook

I read more than one article on this matter, And i`ll think you`ll find that a Muslim spokemen DID respond to this peice of news, my friend!

SEARCH, there was more than one paper that published this story.

Anywany i was giving my view on the question asked at the top of my post!

I'm going to assume that you're referring to the Muslim spokesman's relatively benign reponse that I quoted in post #66? The one that the Daily Mail spun into "outrage" and The Sun construed as "anger"? Oh don't worry, I read all the different articles. Even managed to do it without moving my lips.

Given your reading comprehension skills, I'm starting to think that your "A" in English is either bravado on your part, or a glaring administrative error on someone else's.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to assume that you're referring to the Muslim spokesman's relatively benign reponse that I quoted in post #66? The one that the Daily Mail spun into "outrage" and The Sun construed as "anger"? Oh don't worry, I read all the different articles. Even managed to do it without moving my lips.

Given your reading comprehension skills, I'm starting to think that your "A" in English is either bravado on your part, or a glaring administrative error on someone else's.

Ok mate whatever you say, i cant be assed to argue with anyone 2day!

My A in english, was through *fruitcage* hard work mate :D , but seeing as that was long ago i do not see much point in tryna look a flash git, writing big words and spelling properly when you fully understand me, so what would i acheive.....erm nothing?

As for reading i do just fine! maybe i mis-understood you or your point, which most people can fall victim to! in that case im sorry!

But as for my points posted above are, i think there are valid!

and most would agree!

Variety is the spice of life.

Actually, if you look very, very carefully there is an addendum mark about one pixel high in the middle of the top half curve of the "S" in "rights". You have to then get out a microscope, magnify the dot, and flip the image upside-down and view it through a mirror. The addendum then reads:

"* As is the right to be human."

Human rights, as is the right to be human. Interesting new take.

First of all, time is not a man-made ideal. The affects of time can be seen everywhere. Plants bloom and brown. Metal and wood become weathered. Saying a man-made ideal does not exists simply because we have a name and method for it doesn't mean it is not valid. Time exists whether we watch it or guess it. Time is not just a tick in a clock. It's a process. The very blocks we are made of are time pieces. Consider that some practice.

Ohh, I could spend hours talking to you....very interesting!

Okay, the reason why I say time is a man made concept is because from an existential point of view, time as a measurement doesn't actually exist! The phenomenon you attribute to the process of time have been given a quantifiable measurement by which to track its movement...however, becuase time "works" differently depending on its point and place (universal) of application, it is proven to not be an absolute! I can definately state (again from a universal point of view) that time is not linear....now, taking the point that time is only linear from the perspective of the point it is measured, we can also state that the concept of time in linear "motion" is also flawed.

Now back on point, the notion that humans are entitled to rights, is based on long distant concepts of man being a superior being (not just on Earth but in a universal view) this is based on religious theology, and more pointedly thoelogy taken from a basis of Judaism. However, like so many things that have evolved from religious theology there is no basis in fact, and precious few methods to prove or disprove the notions (to be able to say that humans are superior to all other lifeforms, you'd first have to encounter ALL OTHER LIFEFORMS and somehow find a definative "measurement" to test the theory!) additionally, if you as a human were entitled to a set of rights, then by applying certain principles you would be able to enjoy those rights as they are specified.

To date, I can safely say, not one Human being has enjoyed so the called Human rights in all their glory, and certainly not without infringing upon the human rights of another human being......

The proof of the pudding, and all that!

I just think Arabs and Muslims are just lucky this is modern times where people are a little nicer about this stuff.

In the past I dont think people would of cared who the hell they were. If some of them were the enemy they would all be.

Ohh, I could spend hours talking to you....very interesting!

Okay, the reason why I say time is a man made concept is because from an existential point of view, time as a measurement doesn't actually exist! The phenomenon you attribute to the process of time have been given a quantifiable measurement by which to track its movement...however, becuase time "works" differently depending on its point and place (universal) of application, it is proven to not be an absolute! I can definately state (again from a universal point of view) that time is not linear....now, taking the point that time is only linear from the perspective of the point it is measured, we can also state that the concept of time in linear "motion" is also flawed.

Now back on point, the notion that humans are entitled to rights, is based on long distant concepts of man being a superior being (not just on Earth but in a universal view) this is based on religious theology, and more pointedly thoelogy taken from a basis of Judaism. However, like so many things that have evolved from religious theology there is no basis in fact, and precious few methods to prove or disprove the notions (to be able to say that humans are superior to all other lifeforms, you'd first have to encounter ALL OTHER LIFEFORMS and somehow find a definative "measurement" to test the theory!) additionally, if you as a human were entitled to a set of rights, then by applying certain principles you would be able to enjoy those rights as they are specified.

To date, I can safely say, not one Human being has enjoyed so the called Human rights in all their glory, and certainly not without infringing upon the human rights of another human being......

The proof of the pudding, and all that!

I certainly agree with you to an extent that time is non-linear, but linearity can be achieved by controlled application. i.e., all carbons age at the same rate at the same heat, place, speed, et cetera. Is this not proof that time is indeed linear, and only differs based on the circumstance? Being, if one can work out the circumstance, could time (erosion or aging) not be predicted via extrapolation? The very circumstances that make time unpredictable also make it predictable. More circular logic. Scientists have used this method to test aged things like fossils.

On rights, well, on this planet at least, humans have established themselves as a definitive force for sure. 10-15 percent of global carbon emissions are created by man and our machinery. I think that is a lot more than the Amazonian Flying Snake could do. But, then again, trees and the Earth itself make up the rest of that 90-85 percent so in that regard I think we're trumped.

My point is I don't think humans are "more equal than the rest". Is not all life entitled to rights? Certainly, life is destroyed around us constantly. Millions of butterflies embed themselves in automobile radiators every year. I think the butterflies are entitled to rights, are they not? But does that mean we should abolish radiators? I think not. Tigers kill humans. Should we commit genocide on the Tigers? No. These are major conflicts but it is also a right of humans and every other being on the planet to cope with these things. I like to think that I have an unorthodox view on what exactly a right constitutes. A right may indeed be positive some of the time (right to life, right to liberty, for instance), but there are "negative" rights as well. The right to die. The right to conflict. In the same way that you and I are in discussion now, NATO is engaged with insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan. Just as is the right to live, it is our right (perhaps more responsibility) as simple life forms to cope with and understand the atrocities of this world, be it conflict or death.

Love how a government can somehow not be able to deport foreign hate speech making inciting jerkfaces, many who can be argued to have broken laws, especially inciting religious and racial hatred, yet they can find the time and balls to beat up protesters, or make sure you get your speeding ticket or fine.

These folks should grow up. It's a pity the 'vet'. freaks didn't get enough in the gulf

I don't know about anyone else but this disgusts me. Additionally why has it been presumed that the people shown are arabs? Frankly presuming the characters shown to be arabs shows the Suns racist and stereotypical nature. Furthermore the 'arabs' are probably guys pretty similar to the guys shown attacking them, i.e. not arabic.

The Sun is an awful newspaper that sensationalises any story no matter how small, it would sell its own mother down the river to get a quick story and is brain washing its readers to be xenophobic sceptics.

I don't know about anyone else but this disgusts me. Additionally why has it been presumed that the people shown are arabs? Frankly presuming the characters shown to be arabs shows the Suns racist and stereotypical nature. Furthermore the 'arabs' are probably guys pretty similar to the guys shown attacking them, i.e. not arabic.

The Sun is an awful newspaper that sensationalises any story no matter how small, it would sell its own mother down the river to get a quick story and is brain washing its readers to be xenophobic sceptics.

I guess it's a good thing the players weren't dressed as IDF soldiers with the terrorist enemies in the game or the media would have had a field day with that.

Now there's an idea....

On a side note, I was browsing the Warfighters forum earlier and apparently they've got the gang from Gadget Show coming down for a spot of gaming with a view to airing in during the current series, what with it sort of fitting in with the shows theme and all.

If only an airsoft site would get off their a### and approach something like the gadget show and say "Hey, we've got this great activity, why not come down and have a play and if you like it, stick it in your programme".

Oops! Swear word filter didn't filter a###!

Wow....

Um...Like previous members have said, are the Germans' going to sue ove WWII milsim events?! I don't think so!

Unfortunately the Sun (and other 'Red tops') report complete b******s and are laughable as news sources, however this is only going to be a negative for the sport, very unfortunatelty so given the VSR bill and the state of the current economy which will impact negatively on the sport.

Hopefully the story won't lead to any lasting negative backlash, but this depends completely on the pathetic nature of the lowest end of the national media, time will tell i'm afraid to say in my point of view.

I've happened to play the part of Islamic/quote, un quote OPFOR and for all it's worth has only been the wearing of different clothing and repatition of certain phrases from a certain film taking the ###### on TWAT (The War On Terror). If somebody finds this offensive then sorry for you; the overwhelming majority of people in the world couldn't give a second thought to the matter or care.

To make it clear, rascism/Zenophobia in ANY aspect of life is pathetic, in airsoft sould restult in an imediate ban, but this 'story' is not a case of this and cannot be held as such under ANY rational context.

That's my two cents folks!

Regards to one and all, Biscuit

Now there's an idea....

On a side note, I was browsing the Warfighters forum earlier and apparently they've got the gang from Gadget Show coming down for a spot of gaming with a view to airing in during the current series, what with it sort of fitting in with the shows theme and all.

If only an airsoft site would get off their a### and approach something like the gadget show and say "Hey, we've got this great activity, why not come down and have a play and if you like it, stick it in your programme".

Do you really think this is a good idea? Granted the Gadget Show people may enjoy themselves, but chances are the producers and directors would manipulate and alter the context to put airsofters in a bad light.

Just ask Electroverks what happened when the TV crews filmed them..................

Now there's an idea....

I agree with Tom, but not for the same reason. Dave Thatcher, who runs Warfighters, shouldn't be allowed ANYWHERE near the press. Man's so full of BS its ridiculous. "A civilian instructor at Hereford" being one of the more amusing ones....

Do you really think this is a good idea? Granted the Gadget Show people may enjoy themselves, but chances are the producers and directors would manipulate and alter the context to put airsofters in a bad light.

Just ask Electroverks what happened when the TV crews filmed them..................

can you elaborate? as I'm also unaware of this

In all fairness, the Gadget Show has a different outlook to most other shows. They don't go for scoring political brownie points. They're a technology programme, plain and simple. I've watched nearly all the Gadget Shows (there's just something about Suzie Perry, she just looks....dirty *shivers*) since they were first aired and not once have I ever seen them manipulate any of their programme content. It's always been, to me anyway, a well balanced view. In fact, if memory serves me correctly they have done in the past a segment geared towards *takes deep breath* laser games, which were tied in with some sort of new FPS game or something.

One day people will realise that being a Muslim or being catholic isn't a race, and the sooner that happens the sooner we can see a little bit of common sense around the place.

You can be a Muslim or catholic or even a seventh day advent hoppist but that isn't your race its an ideology and as such having someone disagree with your ideology isn't racism its called life in the west welcome to it. If your white black pink purple or a mix of all the previous if i disagree with your say view on homosexuality its because you're an idiot not because of your race.

In this case is a perfect example of it, this was a representation of Arab dress not an attack on Muslims do some Muslims wear it? yes, do catholic inhabitants of the middle east wear them? yes. the sooner everyone stops getting uppity and learns what a race actually is the sooner this ###### will stop. and tarts like the B.N.P. won't be given the light of day.

If the bad guys wore Mr Blobby suits, then the milsim blokes playing opfor would have worn them. This was a group of mates shooting eachother with toy guns, surely all these "community leaders" and newspapers have better ways of spending there time...? Oh... Maybe they don't so they have to make all this fuss to make themselves feel important.

Nobody was being racist or inconsiderate here, fact is these guys were immitating the bad guys, if I was a muslim I'd be more concerned about how the British press and Hollywood films represent me.

I wonder if the paper was doing a good story and turned it into a racism peace. Probably just trying to sell some papers. Either way I am tired of seeing stories about their feelings being hurt. Two words "Oh well".

Archived