Anger over 'shoot Arabs' battle game

sook

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another article in which no one who wrote it knows about the game, or what Milsim is about. Though i must agree the whole kneeling on the guy is a bit extreme.

Executive member Mokhtar Badri said: “They could use any colour or dress to tell between teams. Using Arab dress is shortsighted and foolish.”

Again, someone who clearly doesnt know the point of milsim, or its practices. But then again, maybe im just being shortsighted...

So, are the Muslim leaders denying the fact that "extremeists" in the middle east wear shemaghs?...or would they be more happy at a balanced set of images...like guys in shemaghs on the verge of beheading some guys in allied dress uniforms?

Or is this just another example of the tabloid press creating a story out of nothing.....perhaps someone should tell the muslim leaders that any number of allied special forces personnel wear shemaghs, not to mention fashion victims on the streets of London (who clearly arn't muslim).....if you want to be a victim you'll find an aggressor on every street corner I guess.

This is madness and will no doubt be a massive blow to the sport in the UK. I can see it one day being a real nanny state and airsofters will look like paint ballers :angry:

Why are some people so dumb ! :o they didnt have the decency to reasurch before they spout there mouths off !

What next school children stopped from playing cowboys etc ! the place is going mad ! :(

What's next? Is the German ambassador going to complain when a WWII game is played? Is the Russian ambassador going to complain when a Cold War game is played?

Are the Smurfs going to complain because people wear blue armbands?????

Putting on a shamagh does not make one an Arab - plenty of non-Arab people wear shemaghs....

Why would you be searching on the trashy website of an even more trashy newspaper? :D

Also how many arabs do you see in britain wearing shemaghs? They are typically worn in the desert for hot dusty conditions. The only shemaghs ive seen in the street are the brightly coloured ones worn by emo's etc..

These people are stupid, its a game, who are they to say we cant wear a strip of material round our heads because it is sensitive towards their culture? You dont hear any of us complaining about arab oil tycoons in the emirates wearing suits do you?

:angry: Grr it makes me angry

All fair points. I'm sure that nothing was meant by these phots, but in the current media-hysteria climate it would probably be wise not to put photos on your website showing that type of thing because they can easily be taken out of context by, as someone pointed out above, someone with no idea of what airsoft is.

Mind you, I can't help thinking that if the photo showed a WW2, Vietnam or Falklands event there would have been no issue. It could also be pointed out that in this game it would be perfectly possible for the 'Arabs' to win!

This sort of stuff gets my tits!

why does it have to be racist? if there was a ww2 one would that be racist? NO!

so why is it, just because they are dressed up as 'arabs' but then again who said they are trying to imatate an 'Arab' look its racist? surey people in texas and other hot deserts where them!

they are just making something out of nothing, they think they are always the victim, when obviously they are picking on us, because they know nobody has the balls to stick up for them selves when the word racist comes into a argument, because we are all too scared of being branded racist!

As for the sun, why encourage it by priniting such a rubbish story, about something they know nothing of.

I think that any 'arab' who thinks it is racist, is racist them selves. Just because we are british/english ae are not allowed to play dress up! Germans dont moan when theres a ww2 milsim, and people dress up as a Nazi, thats because they know its simple (harmless) reconstruction!

PATHETIC !

To be fair, no one has called for the beheading of airsoft site owners, be thankful for that, atleast. ;)

At least not yet. ;)

This is me at a game quite a few years ago. Does this mean the opponents can't shoot me or they will be racist, or am I to expect death-threats because stealing someone else's costume?

AZIZpolviraja.jpg

This is a case of freedom of expression and freedom of speech. They are important values for me, could be compared to someone's relationship with religion.

Do not back down a single inch from your rights.

-Sale

Germans dont moan when theres a ww2 milsim, and people dress up as a Nazi, thats because they know its simple (harmless) reconstruction!

Nazi gear with the swastikas, totenkopfs and other insignia is illegal to wear in Germany. There would be a public uprising if someone found out that people were playing nazi on an airsoft field in Germany. (If there are any.)

But that's just an example that we Europeans (or some of us) can be equally stupid about these issues.

Just realised I better can the idea of dressing up as an Albanian Pikey at Urban this weekend as there may be some bloke from the Sun there with a camera and I may upset some of the locals! And I was so looking forward to wearing a shell-suit! :P

Do it. Just make sure your face isn't recognizable in the photographs.

Why arent these conscientious arabs complaining about the fundamentalists who kill other arabs, because they also wear shemaghs to commit FAR more insidious acts...

I can sort of see some very minor insensitivity in the pics of army men appearing to be mistreating shemagh wearers (wont call them arabs as msot likely they are not) but on the other hand theyve made clear at least in one pic that the shemagh wearer was *armed*, thereby a plot device to facilitate the scene.

At the end of the day, the Sun and scum-papers like them only exist for one reason - to gain sales by appealing to the brain-damaged frothing right wing fascists of this country. "This is bad! BURN IT!" Theyre like hitler, in print.

You know those people who normally start a sentence with "I'm not racist but..." ?

This is the Sun's version.

"We're not anti-muslim, we have a token muslim reporter, she wears a scarf and everything, and look, we're making out we're shocked at anti-muslim activities*, so now we can post about how muslims are trying to take over Britain and bring in Sharia law with a clear concience"

*while also stirring up that "bloody muslims telling us what we can and can't do in our own country" sentiment

You know those people who normally start a sentence with "I'm not racist but..." ?

This is the Sun's version.

"We're not anti-muslim, we have a token muslim reporter, she wears a scarf and everything, and look, we're making out we're shocked at anti-muslim activities*, so now we can post about how muslims are trying to take over Britain and bring in Sharia law with a clear concience"

*while also stirring up that "bloody muslims telling us what we can and can't do in our own country" sentiment

You have absolutely got it down to a "T" Mate
:D

I can sort of see some very minor insensitivity in the pics of army men appearing to be mistreating shemagh wearers (wont call them arabs as msot likely they are not) but on the other hand theyve made clear at least in one pic that the shemagh wearer was *armed*, thereby a plot device to facilitate the scene.

As if any further evidence were needed of what the papers can do, the original Star aritcle that one of my colleagues gave to me had been cropped so the RPG wasn't visible.

Nazi gear with the swastikas, totenkopfs and other insignia is illegal to wear in Germany. There would be a public uprising if someone found out that people were playing nazi on an airsoft field in Germany. (If there are any.)

I may be wrong but I thought there were exemptions for things like re-enactment, film making etc?

Archived