245 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Operate at Night?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

My team always tries to throw a few night games at our rec games and events. We do a lot of hostage rescue, stealth infiltration/sabotoge-get in, accomplish objectives with as few shots taken as possible and not be seen, and team deathmatch kind of things. TM MK. 23+silencer+night=Epic Stealth Win.

NINJA! WE OWN THE NIGHT!

+1 to whosoever gets the reference...

Tom Clancy, "Clear And Present Danger" Dunno if it was Ding Chavez but it was the battalion motto I believe.

On night games, we used to play at a friends steel yard/ worksite. There were prefab buildings, matson containers, work trucks, Piles of wood, Sheds, Cranes, and a TON of rebar, pallets, and a field of A/C Unit boxes. All this surrounded by old woods and canefields.

Best memory must have been a 15 minute sustained firefight with me and a squad sandwiched TIGHT between two 10 foot tall stacks of sheets of particle wood. It was so tight we were actually lodged between the stacks. Finally ran out of ammo so i decided to kamikaze run with a pistol. Took two out, then died in a hail of CO2 fire.

Everyone at my site loves night ops, we dont do them that often but when we do there massive mission and really good fun.

ets not forget knife kills. If your sneaky all you need is a Cold Steel Rubber training knife to get the job done.

So true ^^

And playing with night vision gogs is soooooooo friking fun

i love night games here in NV it gets HOT during the summer so night games area must we have about 4 guys with PVS-14's and a few players with the low grade stuff its fun times at night we have an open desert not much woods around here so NVG and flashlights are popular with a good light you can see pretty far

as for my loadout i take a belt loadout with MP7 surpressed of course

By "Operate" do you mean "play", "skirmish" or something along those lines?

You're an airsofter, you're not in Delta Force. Try to remember that it's a game. You might have more fun.

To answer the question as posed - I have been to night games, and would again. It adds another element to the game.

Only if the patient is under a general anaesthetic.

So thats a yes?

I am stoked to see so many hardcore operators who fight at night. We just had a intense night Operation and the next one is slated for the Night as well.

@the fogging up guy... I use Edge Anti fog eyeware. I get them from Tactical Airsoft Supply and they have yet to fog on me yet and I fight Allot. make sure your nose and airways can breath normal otherwise you will fog and or get condesation and the last thing you want to do is fall over a Log in the night giving away your position and your teams as well as your safety.

Carry on all!

rad

Am I the only one who thinks that putting a wikipedia definition of Airsoft as your sig on an airsoft forum is a bit redundant?

its for folks who are new to the sport... for folks who are afraid to ask a question due to being called a noob or otherwise picked on in a forum enviorment from chairsofters.

You can PM myself with a question that is off topic, i dont mind.

rad

Played n both CQB(Catterick) and Woodland at night, I have to say I prefered woodland. More atmospheric. At one point I was lying on my back in the grass as an opfor walked right upto me, stopped looked around never saw me, then called to his team and was about to walk off. When I shot him he almost wet himself. (felt like I was playing MGS4)

• 2 weeks later...

I love night games! I wish I could find them regularly... but I get a few in here and there. NVGs are definitley for the noobs, if you ask me. I find that there is enough light if you just put away the damn lights and let your eyes adjust... anyway...

The tricks that can be played in the dark are a lot more fun... hanging a light from a tree and trying not to laugh out loud as it gets shot at, the hilarious friend or foe confrontations, stepping on prone players, getting stepped on while prone... it's all great!

The best night game I ever had was one where the refs started shooting off parachute flares without telling anyone ahead of time... I was in a four man squad... a flare went off... we noticed that the enemy squad that was three feet away had about 12 guys... we stood still, hoping they would not see us... the flare went out, a gun went off, hilarity ensued.

I love playing at night, especially in the desert where I am. The only downside is navigating through patches of cactus in darkness :headbutt:

I just acquired the G&P SCORPION 500 LUMENS This Light at night is like the SUN shining on the AO. Using the flashlight at night in a tactical fashion can change the dynamics on the battlefield. I would use this Tac Light in one spot draw the fire then move to another spot causing confusion and making the opforce have to focus on the "light" rather then their objective. Night Ops are great and with the new tracer units on the market from AMP we should see allot more Teams fighting at night (I would think)

got nightops?

rad

Archived