Do You Operate at Night?

Radrockin

Do You Operate at Night?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Operate at Night?

• Yes
    • No

Here in Utah (USA) we (B.o.E) host Night Operations roughly every two weeks and yes even in the winter and its cold... damn cold. We Utilize Tracer units, Night time Land Navigation, and Night Vision Devices among other fun things like strobes and being hunted by Team Army. I was curious to see how many of us actually fight at night? Our typical Operation will go from 1500hrs-0200hrs

We (B.o.E) have strict Rules of Engagement For Safety . We use Red Cyalume Glowsticks per Operator to signify Dead man Walking. We Use IR Chem Lites To mark Way points.

We defuse "Packages" and we hunt down "bad guys" and rescue "Downed Pilots" in complete darkness. Lets not forget knife kills. If your sneaky all you need is a Cold Steel Rubber training knife to get the job done.

Its truly about the battle buddy next to you!

What about you?

got night ops?

Rad

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah. Well, not much any more beacuse my site dosent do them any more.

It was hard beacuse of the terrain of the site and the fact that only one person could afford NVGs.

But yeah, as long as everyone has the right kit then night ops are fantastic.

We dont use sissy nvg... we go out at night, in small squads, and play the same games we do in the day...we hunt eachother, we search for things, ambush, defend, attack, using our own eyes, and natural night vision :P if osmeone brings out thier nvg toys, i have my surefire ready :P

our games are bout skills, not having enough kit to allow you to do it.

oo.. I've played a couple of night games at Xsite... can't say i shot many people, or infact shot many rounds either.

It is interesting, as it takes sneaking around to a new level. If you stay low on the ground and move slowly, you can literally sneak behind for a knife kill.

All the kit you have previously owned is something to weight you down.... i.e.. scope, Red dot sights to a certain extent, a hand full of mags., laser, Took them all off, and all i had was an m4 with a torch unit which i hardly used.

And i just bought some NV's just for that..(the cheap sort).. need to try that out one day!... now wondering how i can mount that onto my rifle.. hmmmmmm

night games ! , Urban Assault , Wednesday nights yeah baby ! etc. etc.

yes , either pistols /shotguns nights (very sneaky CQB fun) or AEG nights ( not so sneaky but still damn painful CQB iirc 3ft engagements)

love 'em , but sucks having them mid week so i have to go to work the next day.

Jim

I've played a few night games but don't enjoy them as much as a regular daylight game - probably because I have played enough and therefore don't have the skills!

The next time I play at night I will stripping my kit down to the bare minimum. It will make it easier to move without making noise and there will be less to lose!

My friend actually suggested this the last night game we played, But.. if you want the flash bang experience at night time. instead of using pyros which some sites don;t allow at night time due to noise regulations. .. you could use a disposable camera with flash... That will make the energy see spots for a long time!---

I love night games. I like them even better than day games. I love the stealth, sneaking around in the dark, silently taking out that unexpecting sentry.

@ Crunchy:I agree.

I load up with my Hydro Kit and my Chest Rig and My GAT and Off I go. There is nothing like taking out an opponent who has Night Vision. When you see the IR(infrared) Cyclops looking at you, you know they see you and you have two choices.. fall back into the shadows and flank or Violence of action.

We also Use our Strobe Tac Lights to Blind the NVG users. If they want to use them they should expect to lose them if light hits them. Those that bring out these Awesome toys understand the inherit risks of operating such devices!

In Utah the nights are around 75 degrees out in the desert and then you have the warm desert breeze which makes for a perfect Battle. Plus have you ever been in a firefight where 30 guys have tracer units? You have glowing inbound rounds littering the ground (looks like star constellations) , if anyone is in the UTAH Area drop us a line for some Night ops!

Capt

Night games are almost a tradition in Indiana, pyro and road flares abound.

Got a problem with a player using his NVG to vector fire? chuck a road flare or some demo ( mortar shell) at him, and he'll be going elsewhere with his toy!

We've got safety rules on par with BOE for night games, and ROE for the pyro ( ie not purposefully deploying it directly at some one, (ie if going for a NVG white out, chuck the flare in between you and your opposition)).

KM

I've done a few night games. Nothing like sneaky around on a cold wet winters night waiting for the OpFor to drop their concentration.

Last night game I played was a laugh though. SYA Proteus, end of November...

If you was there, you'll know why.

Archived