Things that are beginning to annoying me

Tom Andrews

:rofl:

I wouldn't put myself up with the "Epsom Regulars" (haven't been going as long as the likes of Jango and Aidy) but yeah, if you can round up some people from Worthing who want to try Epsom you'd be welcome to come to a private day I'm running, they are usually less professional in terms of game rules etc (eg, if someone has notibly been not taking hits, everyone just goes hunting...) but they are a good laugh, and... as you say... free stuff :P

But seriously, even if you don't come to a private day, just a normal walkon day, give Epsom a try (I've yet to try Worthing but it's on my "To do before I die" list, at least).

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben if u're going, let me know. have not played enuf at Epsom to be called a reg yet, but am starting to play there on a fairly regular basis now. If u're there i will make myself available :D n cappy will be glad someone else is a target for once XD

Yet another thing...

People who park their damn people carriers up on the pavement so you have to walk into the road to get around them! The point of the pavement is so I don't have to walk in the bloody road!

I saw the stupid cow coming out of the Post Office and turned around to go and voice my irritation but then thought it would just stereotype me as some yob trying to scare her, even though I was in my work clothes (shirt, tie & waistcoat).

Which leads me to another point... I hate idiots who own SUV's or 4x4's but can't drive them for s**t. Don't buy it if you can't drive it!

Then they shouldn't be parking there. It's illegal to park with wheels on the pavement.

triggerhappy - just report them to the police. If you make enough reports, or they feel like it, they come out and issue a load of tickets. I've seen it happen.

It's also illegal to park facing the wrong way - You have to part with the left side of your car against the curb, not the right. I've seen people get ticketed for that, too. And when the police get turfed out to come and look at parking offenses, they tend to go to town on your car and start checking the tyres, the road tax, your insurance, everything.

im thinking more along the lines of a quick stop to post a letter or something. I am against illegal parking because even a vehicle parked up mostly on the curb is still going to be an obstacle. But sometimes its just unavoidable. Like, theres this tescos in angel islington, 10 mins up the road from where i am. the road that leads up there is narrow, and often congested. as the road comes to angel islington, it converges with another main road, but doesnt get wider hence it really jams up at this point. often when i drive up that way or take the bus up that way, i notice tescos has their massive resupply truck there, and parked up right before a bus stop, so it really f*cks the buses which have to swing out and then swing back into the bus bay. that just totally slows everything down. it always annoys me, but i cant think of where else the massive truck could park. maybe tescos could just use smaller vans for such resupply runs. the truck i see is one of those massively long ones. Imagine that in central london... its just not pratical is it?

Which part of "parking on the pavement is illegal" didn't scan with you? "...even a vehicle mostly on the curb will be an obstacle..." Well yes. And also breaking the law. Probably more than one.

There's usually an alternative - park somewhere else. Tesco stores usually have car parks. Park in there. Park on a different road. Park in a designated parking space, where there is one, etc, etc.

come to london. The tescos im talking about are the express and metro stores. no parking anywhere. massive lorries n central london just dont mix. I dont understand how tescos keeps doing it. 1stly the buggers park in the BUS LANE, and just being in the lane is an offence. 2ndly London has zealous parking wardens, how come they never seem to get a ticket?

anyways with the mix of cyclists and big lorries in london, i fear for the cyclists. have been a couple of nasty accidents this past year.

There is parking outside the Post Office but it is often full in the afternoon as there is something in the village hall. She hadn't gone to pop a letter in the box, she had gone inside and must have been there for a few minutes. She could have parked further into the road as there still would be space to get the bus though. She was so far up on the kerb there was about a foot between the car and fence and I wasn't going to walk on the some-ones muddy grass to get around this car in my work shoes.

No-one in their right mind goes to London, so I'll have to decline your invitation.

lol i never sed i was in my right mind XD

There is parking outside the Post Office but it is often full in the afternoon as there is something in the village hall. She hadn't gone to pop a letter in the box, she had gone inside and must have been there for a few minutes. She could have parked further into the road as there still would be space to get the bus though. She was so far up on the kerb there was about a foot between the car and fence and I wasn't going to walk on the some-ones muddy grass to get around this car in my work shoes.

I know what u mean. Some drivers are just.... plain dumb. How bout those morons who overshoot the exit they want on the motor way and then REVERSE down the hard shoulder? Utter stupidity.

(For the LAST TIME, please use the edit button instead of double posting!) <- sorry my bad. realised it right after posting but u'd caught it 1st. honest mistake there. thanks for rectifying it for me

Here's something that annoys me: People who whine about where they live.

Geez, if you don't like where you live, move. Simple. :rolleyes:

Beyond that, for those who are about to say "But I still live with my parents so I can't choose!" here's a couple more bits of advice.

1) You sound foolish whining about this when you live with your parents.

2) Living with parents is the cheapest, best quality, least hassle, accomodation you will EVER have.

As a result of the above two points, if you still live with your parents, the best thing you can do is keep quiet about it.

Heartily agree with stealthbomber

living with the 'rents has it pros n cons. if one doesnt like the cons, work hard n move yr *albatross* out, and be prepared to have to deal with bills, rent, groceries, laundry, cooking, cleaning and everything else associated with independence.

my pet hate at the minute is the invariably women, though most often girls, that work behind the checkout at tescos. they sit next to their friend ringing up your goods never making eye contact, acknowleding you or speaking to you (even a slightly retarded sounding hi would be nice) whilst in a loud voice talking to the girl sat next to them or to the one on the next checkout over (so past 2 customers) about their latest date with "kevin" and "how good he looked with his kit off giggle giggle *fruitcage* giggle!!" or talking about "big bruva" (which i find annoying use a proper accent your for suffolk for christsake not essiks!) then when its all done and your still struggling to bad up, they last words are "68 quid", wheres the please? wheres the "that will be" where are the goddam manners!!! they dont look at you and sit there tutting or carrying on talking till your finished no offer of help nothing. then when youve paid they dont even say thanks they just thrust your reciept at you!

i must say they hate when you stand there and go "oh yeah that kevin he's fit, dont know what hes doing with someone like you!" or just start joining in. ive found that asking for the manager is like asking for a lobotomy, you just wanna pull your brains out through your nose as they are invariable as moronic as the till tarts!

my other pet hate is speeding van drivers!!! when will people that drive commercial vehicle realise that the speed limit for vans in the national speed limit signed areas (the white circle with the black line) is 10 mph lower for them on single roads (50) and dual carriageways (60) then it is for cars, and although its actually the same on motorways (70 for both) it doesnt mean you can sit up my *albartroth* pushing me at speed, i really hate van drivers that tailgate at speed.

that combined with mobiles whilst driving annoys me as this little tail shows:

Had a BT van do it to me down the A14 at 70 or so (ive got to watch the petrol work dont cover it so its all about the efficency - plus the more time im travelling the more ot/travel time i earn - kerching) and this BT transit comes steaming up and sits on my *albartroth* but i couldnt pull over due to trucks (anyone that drives the a12 + 14 will know what i mean) and hes gradually starts edging closer so i start speeding up etc you know the thing.

so rang BT fleet and found out the guys manager and rang him, 5 mins later still been pushed at 90 and about 6 inches off my bumper i see him answer his phone so pull in as best i can, follow him for another 10 minutes. where i then decided to call his manager again and ask if hes spoken to him. where upon im informed yes, so i point out the guy never stopped and wasnt using a hands free, followed by a "oh sorry ill speak to him again and who are you? where did you get this number sir its not a number for customers" the reply of "oh i work for bt, in bt security" shuts the guy up sharpish and gets the job done - i didnt point out it was only network/ip security he doesnt need to know that! lol

finally i watch the van pull over after another 10miles, follow him in to the layby get out, storm up to the van yank open his door and flash my work id and ask who he's speaking to and for how long, get the answer i expected and launch in to a tirade loud enough and long enough for his manager to hear about the dangers of tailgating, speeding, talking on mobiles, dangerous driving, general road manners and the reputation of the company.

this was followed by futher calls from various BT departments and bods and resulted in a discapline case i was called to to be a witness and ended with him been suspended without pay for 2 weeks and having to carry out fleet training again, which whilst only a day course it meant he wasnt allowed to drive any company vehicle till then (as part of the conditions of keeping his job) until then and as he complained in the discapline case he wouldnt earn any overtime and therefore further loss of earnings!

yes i know i was petty and yes i know i cost him a lot of money but im proud of the job i do and the company i work for and most importantly im proud to be alive i dont need some ###### in a transit with the spinning smarties on threatening that! oh and if it happens to you get the plates and call openreach or bt (though your best bet is bt fleet - have to google for a number) and speak to them, they do take it very seriously and will try to take action if you feel its needed.

anyway rants over i feel much better now :) only 6 hours of work left, got to love those 7am finishes :D

cheers

millest

Here's something that annoys me: People who whine about where they live.

Geez, if you don't like where you live, move. Simple. :rolleyes:

Beyond that, for those who are about to say "But I still live with my parents so I can't choose!" here's a couple more bits of advice.

1) You sound foolish whining about this when you live with your parents.

2) Living with parents is the cheapest, best quality, least hassle, accomodation you will EVER have.

As a result of the above two points, if you still live with your parents, the best thing you can do is keep quiet about it.

To further this point people should also be aware OF WHERE GEOGRAPHICALLY they live. This mainly goes out to fellow Americans. By this I mean when people live in river basins, then a massive rain happens, river floods and the town is destroyed. Then SOMEHOW its an act of god that the river flooded and destroyed the town. When they should have always known the river banks/levies could burst and this is where the water will go. Or people that live in Tornado Alley(central east US) and get hit by said things. Then complain on the news how they never expected it. YOU LIVE IN A HIGH TORNADO ZONE. So why wouldn't it happen?

I understand some times just happen. If say Washington were hit by a tornado I would then be surprised and feel sorry for them. It doesn't normally, that I can even remember, happen to them. That is an "act of god".

And models(people). I work with one and she is by far the dumbest person I have ever known. She sits, does nothing all day and becomes afraid of people if they don't hit on her or give her attention. My brother is also one......sadly... and can't do math because his teachers are too mean and ugly(real reason here). What happened to personality and doing something meaningful with your life? Dang kids and their MTV....

BT are terrible, the managed to cock up my internet, because the cretins in charge of accounts couldn't understand the concept of having a buisness at home, and using a home broadband, so they cancelled the account. It worked out, as I then moved to a smaller broadband supplier, who has given me better speeds and unrestricted access to rapidshare, and no chance of being part of a Phorm trial, as well as phoneing you back after you leave a message, even though they are closed, and sorting it all out. No bloody indian call centers either.

No offence to any BT employees ;)

Something similiar happened to me also, and they demanded 200 quid from me, worse still was that they refused to accept there was any reason for it happening other than "its the customer's fault". A quick email to their CEO Mr Ben Verwaayen sorted all that out. Within an hour of my sending him the email he had personally replied with promises to look into it. 2 hours later someone from his PA staff had contacted me with an apology, an offer to waive the 200 pounds fee, reconnect my service free, and an extra 3 months of free service for my home network.

Archived