Things that are beginning to annoying me

Tom Andrews

drivers that cant drive,

ive had numerous people cut me up when on my motorbike or in my car, fine a bike is smaller than a car and less visable, but a great big whoping skoda octavia is not tiny and yet they still never see me.

in the last month i think ive had 10 near accidents from idiots that dont look. especially on the same island

EDIT: parcel force that cant deliver parcels very fast

they sent my parcel to customs where its stayed for the last 5 days and customs havnt seen it at all.

then parcel force had the cheak to say there was duty to be paid on it and customs said they had not processed it yet. :(

(how long does it take to process a parcel, Customs told me they take about 10 sec per parcel to check and charge)

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gorilla Glue, is absolute sh*t.

Couldn't agree more! Is it actually a glue? Didn't stick plastic, metal or anything useful.

One thing you do get as you get older is experience. (Whether you actually learn from it is a different matter :P ) Certainly my detection of BS has got steadily better over the years, from my mates BS - barely a flicker, to politicions - waaay off the scale!

What has me screaming at the TV screen is people who try to rewrite history, such as, Hitler was misunderstood, or the Soviets had no intention of invading Western Europe during the Cold War etc etc.

The latest was a programme about the 50 top British War films where one 'expert' announced that the film 'San Demitrio - London' was far fetched (It was based on a real incident!) or about another film ' The Cruel Sea' said that the famous scene where the captain drops depth charges on survivors from a previous torpedoing , 'did it, sinking the submarine' When the whole point of the scene was that he didn't sink a submarine, the depthcharging only killing the survivors.

Why do they employ these people who obviously haven't a clue about what they are offering their opinions on?

Neighbours who park their cars with two wheels on the pavement on a street only wide enough for a single car. Bad enough. Doing it when your house has a driveway? Worse. Putting your car opposite MY driveway, so I can't turn my car into it without a great amount of messing about (the street is narrow, remember?) - THE WORST. :angry:

I'm tempted to go out at 0400 and key their car - wings AND windows (getting new glass costs even more than a respray) AND slash their tyres... <_<

But I guess there's more important things to worry about in life...

accidently spill boxes of nails where people shouldn't be parking *whistles innocently*

or storm his house at 0400 with yr awesome AUG :D *drools over the masterkey*

EDIT: parcel force that cant deliver parcels very fast

they sent my parcel to customs where its stayed for the last 5 days and customs havnt seen it at all.

then parcel force had the cheak to say there was duty to be paid on it and customs said they had not processed it yet. :(

(how long does it take to process a parcel, Customs told me they take about 10 sec per parcel to check and charge)

They screwed my delivery up. Cuz of them I didnt get my pistol lanyard and dump pouch today when I needed it for the game... or my gas... or BBs...

I hear the police don't like it when armed men break into other people's homes. Funny that.

Today's annoyance - only been out of bed 20 minutes, on the way to work (late!) and it's raining. So half the cars on the road have their headlights on. WHY? It's not dark, it's raining! You put your wipers on when it rains, your lights on when it's dark.

So many people seem to think rain = lights, that I checked the Highway Code, just to see if it's in there. It's not. Of course, most of these people wouldn't recognise a copy of the Highway Code if you beat them around the head with it. Which is what I'd like to do to idiot drivers...

Lights allow people to see you, not just so you can see!

I drive a dark green car and will always put at least side lights on when conditions diminish for the reason that it allows me to be seen by other people.

It is safer and also easier to judge speed when the lights are on. Look at Volvo, why do you think they have the lights on all the time the car is running, and have done for at least 15 years. Not only Volvo now, other companies are following suit; the Mazda 6 now has running lights.

It's not in The Highway Code because it's common sense.

I had to walk to town the other day in the rain to pick up my car. You'd be surprised how easily you could miss a dark coloured car when you are trying not to get rain in your eyes.

Bzzzt. Wrong.

Volvo cars have daylight running lights because their country of origin requires it by law. Probably because they have pepetual twilight for 6 months of the year up there. They don't fit those lights for any other reason.

It's light, you have eyes that work. Use them.

Also, headlights, especially high-brightness bulbs, reflect off a wet road surface and cause dazzle, which increases the danger of driving, rather than decreasing it. No-one is going to see anything when they're blinded by the glare from the headlights of morons. I didn't think I needed to mention that as I mistakenly assumed that anyone who had a driving license and a car already knew that. But given how many people drive around in the rain with their lights on, I guess not.

Lights are there for when visibility is significantly impaired by weather conditions. Normal rain does not impair visibility sufficiently to merit putting on lights, unless it's already dark. The Highway Code specifies when to use lights. All other times they should not be used. The Highway Code is *THE* book of "common sense" for the road, a lot of things in there aren't actually legally required, but still. If it's not "common sense" enough to go in the book, then it's not "common sense".

Two main things getting on my tits at the moment.

First of all politeness

When someone says hello to you, you say hello back, you don't stare at them as if they just dropped their trousers and shat on a family pet for goodness sake, this isn't hard a hard concept to grasp so put in the effort please.

My second quam is with the entire animal kingdom, if someone could translate this following bit and send it round as a memo I would appreciate it.

All creatures great and small, be you the smallest insect to the largest whale, I am required to bring something to your attention.

You see that long thin black stretch of ground, AVOID IT!, this is called the road and along it travel cars which are widely regarded as very hazardous to your health should you come into contact with one. We originally thought that seeing all your mates getting pancaked in the same spot would be a good enough hint to at least cross when it's quieter but apparently not.

Now we don’t want you smeared all over the front of our cars or knocking us off of bikes and you don’t want to be turned into a redneck buffet so it is in both our interests if you adhere to the following.

Don’t wait until a car is within two and a half meters of you before deciding to cross the road, it can’t stop and you can’t out run it.

Don’t sit in the middle of the road playing chicken with oncoming vehicles and only sprinting/flapping wildly out of the way at the last second (yes that’s you were looking at pigeons). Most drivers will at least slow for you but some of us have had bad days and will struggle to find a good reason not to stamp on the accelerator in the face of something that only seems to live for the purpose of cr*ping on things it shouldn’t.

If you can stick to these rules we should all get along a lot better.

Regards

Every driver ever

Utter ######s! Having just driven home in the rain i can safely say not one car dazzled me with their lights. If they are causing a dangerous amount of glare then i would suggest they need their height adjusted or are using illegally over-powered bulbs.

If you are a pedestrian walking in the rain it is a damn sight easier to see a car when it has lights on! Why is it moronic to want to be seen? Surely it is more moronic to assume that people see you. Would rather be seen or hit some-one because they didn't see you clearly, or didn't judge your speed correctly.

Even just using side lights can help and they are not bright enough to cause glare.

The Official Highway code states:

"115

You should also

* use dipped headlights, or dim-dip if fitted, at night in built-up areas and in dull daytime weather, to ensure that you can be seen"

Why are other manufacturers implying running lights if it is only one country that enforces it by law? Maybe in the interest of safety??

(http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_070302)

On a related note, why is that when it actually time to turn on your car's lights, people don't seem to grasp this simple fact?

Um, it's DARK, moron! Other people have their lights on, the streetlights are on. You can't see your instrument panel. It's 2200 hours. All these things, and more, should be a clue that you might want to turn on those bright things on the front and back of your car. Maybe there are just some cliques on the road who are totally against lights at any time, and some others who are against ever turning the damn things off?

And another thing about lights. When it's not foggy, turn off your *fruitcage* fog lights! Just because there might have been fog this morning, yesterday, last month, or whatever, doesn't mean you can't manage to turn the switch back when you don't need them any more.

Driving around with sidelights and fog lights on doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look like a ######, and what's more, most cars won't even let you do that, so you must have buggered about with the switching or something to do it, which means you actually put EFFORT into being a ######. Why?

Would be nice to have less bloody speed cameras and more traffic cops, who might just stop the odd driver without lights in the middle of the night, or with an illegal number plate, or whatever. Just maybe, on occasion.

Finding out the other casual staff think I'm lazy because I refuse to lift heavy objects due to having a broken wrist, then being effectively told I am being forced to take a week off.

I'd like to see the little bastards staying until 2am to set-up and do 56 hours in a week.

to add to the headlights argument, if having your headlights on when it's raining to aid visibility is bad practice and you should only use them when it's dark, then why do most motorcycles nowadays have the lights wired so that they are permanently on? to aid visbility. while this certainly isnt necessary in a car in daylight, i can't see why it's a problem when it is raining and visibility is reduced.

Currently annoying me:

A landlord who, for the last year, has tried to fix the recurring leak in the house by employing random Bosnians to come in and fix the problem. With sellotape.

Now that all three floors in my house have flooded and have become electrified (me and another housemate got shocked real bad when we tried to sort out the exploding tap), I've had to call in plumbers to do an emergency repair, and again to replace the broken parts that had either been gutted (and left there as "repaired"), threaded, or poorly bodged with tape by the above "freelancers." Total estimate for sorting this out has come to about £600, and guess what, the landlord doesn't want to pay it because it wasn't one of his guys doing the job.

Furthermore, because there were also leaks coming through the light fittings, we have to wait for the place to dry out and for an electrician to come in and do a safety-test before we can have our electrics fully operational again. I also have to wait for the plumbers to finish what they're doing before i can turn the water back on. Finally, when we had to shut off the electricity, we had to knock on the door of the downstairs property, and pry off a padlock (because only the landlord had the key, and he was on one of his regular trips abroad), only to find a random array of unlabelled fuses. This is all stuff that for the last year, we've been asking the landlord to rectify because it's:

1. Dangerous

2. Illegal

And despite all this, he hasn't done a goddamn thing, and now that i'm actually taking some decent action to solve the problems that he's had a year to sort out, he refuses to pay up. Hence i'll be deducting it from the rent.

What a f*ckin idiot.

yeah thats another thing, the blokes with the clip board that hassle you about making a claim as you walk down the high street, mrs has just had an op is on crutches so is struggling to walk as it is and the nobcheese muncher keeps stopping in front of her going "wanna make a claim?" - yes if i we can claim about god for giving her dodgy knees, now toss off! do they not realise if people wanted to make a claim they'd ring them? also what part of its not from an accident do they not get?

oh and old people riding down the white line in the middle of the road in the ###### pavement buggy things!!!! they should be banned

Archived