New! MagGuard product!

RedGunn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe some do but couldn't care less cos it don't cost them £25 a time to replace them

They are the same price as in the states 9.99 + S&H $5.95 ;)

We have already shipped some to the UK already. Thanks for asking

Think of MagGuard like a seat belt for your car. Most of the time you don't need it. But you still wear it, just in case!

Military don't use it yet, because I just invented it and haven't seat down with them yet. Besides, Soldiers don't pay for their own mags, like we do. But we are talking to a few contractors now who are very interested for other reasons.

Give us some time....

BTW if your sister can make one in 30 seconds, she is faster than our industrial machine. I would hire her. It takes longer to produce. Here are some real reviews from actual customers using the product.

http://evike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&a...ac&start=15

They are the same price as in the states 9.99 + S&H $5.95 ;)

We have already shipped some to the UK already. Thanks for asking

Think of MagGuard like a seat belt for your car. Most of the time you don't need it. But you still wear it, just in case!

Military don't use it yet, because I just invented it and haven't seat down with them yet. Besides, Soldiers don't pay for their own mags, like we do. But we are talking to a few contractors now who are very interested for other reasons.

Give us some time....

I meant £25 for replacing a mag :P

Maybe some do but couldn't care less cos it don't cost them £25 a time to replace them

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

For one thing, magazines are not disposable, even to the military. I carried an M9 and never had a magazine fall out, and I was doing a lot more running around than Airsofters. I probably didn't lose a mag because I didn't have it half strapped in some $20 UTG crossdraw vest, and I had half a clue about how to use the weapon and how to properly carry it and secure it. And there's more at risk to someone carrying a pistol for protection than having to pay for a new magazine. Realizing you don't have a mag in and having to grab a magazine and load the weapon could mean the difference between life and death for you and your buddy.

I have nothing against this product or the people that use it, it's just that instead of buying a strap for your magazine, maybe you could learn a thing or two about your weapon and how to holster it without losing your magazine.

They don't use it because it's a terrible product for anyone that knows how to carry a weapon. And soldiers DO pay for their own magazines if they lose them, you clown. And like I just said, there's a consequence to losing a magazine that's a hell of a lot more costly than paying for it.

Real weapons aren't as fickle as Airsoft weapons. You can't just slap the grip and make the mag fall out.

If the real military had the problem with magazines falling out htat Airsofters have, they'd have freakin fixed it already. You think they've just been dealing with losing their mags since WWI and never thought to rectify the situation?

They don't use it because it's a terrible product for anyone that knows how to carry a weapon.. you clown..

Real weapons aren't as fickle as Airsoft weapons. You can't just slap the grip and make the mag fall out.

So you're saying Airsoft and RS are different?

Hence your experience of a real M9 not dropping mags makes this airsoft product terrible.. Hmm <_<

Try the decaf before storming around insulting people, it gets better results ;)

They don't use it because it's a terrible product for anyone that knows how to carry a weapon. And soldiers DO pay for their own magazines if they lose them, you clown. And like I just said, there's a consequence to losing a magazine that's a hell of a lot more costly than paying for it.

So what your saying is that if you lose your mag out of your RS firearm it could mean death... Then why exactly is it a terrible product when it holds your magazine in the mag well, eliminating that ultimate risk? And even if military men do pay for there own magazines, why wouldn't you want to protect your wallet as well as your life? Your entitled to your own opinion, but please don't mislead people into believing that the product is useless and unnecessary, because it is a fantastic product that has saved me plenty of times, in both mag loss and reliability.

Chaseman..

After seeing your product, I did make one with some scraps of material laying around my bin. took about 10 minutes in all and is probably not as nice as yours. Your product has definitely stirred up the hornet's nest on the various forums. I for one like it.. while it's been a while since I have lost or dropped a mag, it has happened to me. With my test subject, my next step would be to coat the inside of the band with some silicon beads to help hold the band in place. I like the added insurance it provides.

As said on the news thread of this ( which this is bloody identical to!): Waste of time and money. Will slow down reloads.

Problem is easily fixed by a vaguely decent holster, for example, a SERPA, which barely costs £25 posted from the US.

As said on the news thread of this ( which this is bloody identical to!): Waste of time and money. Will slow down reloads.

Problem is easily fixed by a vaguely decent holster, for example, a SERPA, which barely costs £25 posted from the US.

The problem is not in fact "fixed" with a SERPA holster. I have heard from multiple people that they have seen a magazine drop out of their SERPA holster right in front of their eyes. I myself have seen someones SERPA pop the mag release and let the mag slide right out of the mag well. So you can say it is fixed with a SERPA, but when you lose a magazine out of your gun, you'll wish you'd have had a MagGuard.

But those people have no real idea like you, what they are talking about. They are talking without trying Magguard. *albatross*-U-ME ing and then spouting out there unfounded opinion. The man above like the idea and made a home made version. Guess what.. He likes it. I can tell you have no idea because you talk about reloads being slowed. That's BS!

Countless people had said here and in many other forums they themselves have dropped mags, and How great and useful idea MagGuard is. Yet the people that never have YET! dropped a mag, spout buy a $50-100 holster. instead of spending $10 dollars??? But others that have those same holsters, Say they have dropped Mags too. So who's right and who's wrong? Are you saying the people that drop mags from their serpa holster are just clumsy people or is there a real problem for the guys that duck, dodge, dive, and roll while playing real airsoft games at Operations.

But if you don't beleive here are just a few: We took a poll on our home airsoft forum back on June 19 2008

found here:

http://miairsoft.proboards70.com/index.cgi...0748&page=1

My cross draw always drops mags. I've stopped keeping mags in whatever gun I wear in my cross draw because of how many times they've popped out. I think I've only actually lost one for good, though. A KSC M9 mag, it was. Now I keep the pistol that I'll need fast in my SERPA (used to keep it in my M12 on my hip), and my better, more offensive oriented pistol in my cross draw if I wear that rig. If I have time to draw it, I have time to put a mag in it. If I need something in a pinch, I've got my drop leg.

When I was carrying my Western Arms CQB, I couldn't get spare Wilson-look mags, so I used their normal 1911 mags. They seemed to be subtly different in their dimensions, because they fell out all the time, and eventually I lost two of them. At $50 a pop, that really hurt, and it played a role in convincing me to switch to other GBBs.

For some reason cross draws are just a horrible way for me to lose mags. Its gotten to the point where I just ducktape the mag to the handle. If it came down to the point where I had to reload my pistol that quickly I'm already dead. Those are just my thoughts.

I lost a CYMA AEP magazine several times, but each time it pops up around somewhere on the field.

I've only lost one pistol mag once, but luckily it was behind TheActionman's car and he returned it to me. I'll never drop another now, though. Thanks to MagGuard.

Yup lost one of my GBB mags, never found it unfortunately. Fortunately though, of the two GBB mags I had at the time it was the leaking/bad magazine. Still wish I hadn't lost it.Somehow in all my running around the mag release must have been hit in the holster and it just popped out, never to be seen again.

I've lost a couple of my cyma glock mags, there just so damn small.

I always seem to lose my M9 mags. It's kinda weird, because I uas the same holster for any pistol that'll fit in it, and the only one I ever have problems with, is the M9. The mag release spring is just not stiff enough. It never has been, unlike all my other pistols, who seem to have an ungodly stiff spring in the mag release.I also must add, that the Spy-Op's field was(probably still is) cursed by some pistol mag-hating god. Every time I have ever played there, I dropped a mag(s) at least once..without fail.

I've lost a WA 45 single stack(Wilson) mag at the WMI CQB building about a year and a half ago. Nobody turned it in so I was out $55. My spare mag went 'boing" while I was trying to fill it with 134 at the Mattawan field last summer. The base pad on WA mags is too thick so to fill them,I have to remove the pad and hold the spring while I man-handle the gas can. Somehow the smaller spring/plunger assembly got away from me and is somewhere in the bush. Never again, I will keep the mags in my mag pouch until needed and hopefully not need them in a hurry! WA mags are too costly and rare nowadays to lose so I must change tactics a little.Holster selection did not matter much,Serpa or drop legg. Both make it easy to bump the release button

I have only ever lost an entire GBB - with a mag in it! This happened a year or so ago at the GK practice field when my KJW M1911A1 worked itself out of a zippered general purpose pouch I'd been using as a holster and plopped onto the ground somewhere in the thick underbrush. Every time I'm at the field I keep an eye out, but I don't expect to ever find it again.I really should think about getting a lanyard for my pistols(s) when I wear them.

I carried my KSC Mk23 in my thigh holster at Realms of Ruin in Wilmington, IL. I went off for a sprint and when I got hit, noticed my mag was out of the pouch on the holster. I luckily found it 5 minutes later re-tracing my steps. I now use dedicated pistol mag pouches on my belt.

I have lost two myself on different occasions.

I lost 2 KSC G18 mags, an extended one and a regular one. I eventualy had the extended one returned to me about a year later. It was covered in dirt, but it still works! I don't use that gun anymore: Failed hammer spring.

Reviews by Actual Customers

We are not afraid of real reviews of our product. We know it works! We just can't believe the comments made by people that won't even give it a decent chance. If you don't have to replace a lost mag, you can buy something else airsoft related you really wanted to add to your collection...

found here:

http://evike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&a...e2&start=15

I know what you're going through.. I make a product that people can make themselves if they have time and effort to do so.. when it was released on evike site.. everyone bitched about it.

Here is what I wrote on another forum.

I use my AEG about 98% of the time while in the field. My pistol is always more or less a last resort and my last stand (cod4 reference LOL!). For me reloading a pistol is a bit of a hassle anyways so this one small extra step isn't going to make or break the situation for me if I have to go to my pistol anyways. Knowing that the mag is secure in the well is more important so when I do have to go to the pistol, it's ready to go..

I know what you're going through.. I make a product that people can make themselves if they have time and effort to do so.. when it was released on evike site.. everyone bitched about it.

Here is what I wrote on another forum.

Thank you,

I saw that over there. ;)

It's funny you should mentioned Evike, they ordered some today for their store... lol

Actually we are getting quite a few orders, so we will have some more Real Customer reviews for you folks..

Thanks again,

Chaseman :flamed:

Just got one of these for my mk23 i hate the mag release on that and its kept in a safariland holster. This cost me $9.99 and a new mag costs me $50 so i figured hell why not we pay for lanyards for pistols in case we lose them why not the magguard, my life isnt dependent on how quick i can reload my pistol and granted im no fast reloader but thats down to me not the magguard. I have found it well worth the money for the peace of mind it offers me.

I will say this much: this product will do its job as advertised and help prevent you from loosing your mags. I've carried countless types of weapons, from almost every model Glock to the 1911 to Beretta to HK handguns in countless types of holsters, from cloth cross draw to belt mounted SERPA to my current 6004. I have yet to loose a handgun.

The main reason why most people seem to be put off on this, and I am going out on a limb here do don't bite my head off, is that its not aesthetically pleasing.

Where I play locally, milsim and gearwhoreness is a huge thing. In a way, I myself am somewhat drawn into that category. And since I have never lost a mag in my 6 years of playing, I do not find a need for me to use this product. That does not mean that I am bashing it though.

Try this: offer this product in Coyote as well as OD. It may help get you more sales. And see if you can get the logo removed from the strap. Instead of having your logo there, try putting it in a tag on the inside of the elastic band. Your product still carries your name, and it looks slightly better on a gun.

I will say this much: this product will do its job as advertised and help prevent you from loosing your mags. I've carried countless types of weapons, from almost every model Glock to the 1911 to Beretta to HK handguns in countless types of holsters, from cloth cross draw to belt mounted SERPA to my current 6004. I have yet to loose a handgun.

The main reason why most people seem to be put off on this, and I am going out on a limb here do don't bite my head off, is that its not aesthetically pleasing.

Where I play locally, milsim and gearwhoreness is a huge thing. In a way, I myself am somewhat drawn into that category. And since I have never lost a mag in my 6 years of playing, I do not find a need for me to use this product. That does not mean that I am bashing it though.

Try this: offer this product in Coyote as well as OD. It may help get you more sales. And see if you can get the logo removed from the strap. Instead of having your logo there, try putting it in a tag on the inside of the elastic band. Your product still carries your name, and it looks slightly better on a gun.

Thank you for your comments. We are currently looking into more colors, like Tan and OD. But, our sales have been quite amazing so far. MagGuard is taking off pretty amazingly, we have been asked by Airsoft News Eu., NAM magazine, they want to do testing and a review and a few of the larger Airsoft Retailers placing MagGuards in their stores, sales in the states and overseas have really taking off. We have sold to. Rep of Slovenia, Spain, UK, Austria, Ireland, Hungary, Netherlands, Germany and here in the states to CA, NC, IL, SC,WV, and of course MI.

We are very excitied and wanted to share with you guys out here. Here is a email I received this morning.

They always say that some of the best business ideas are the simplest

ones. Well done for having such a brilliant, but simple idea. I have

lost a mag from my glock when playing airsoft. It puts a downer on your

whole day. Not only will this make my future airsoft days more

enjoyable, but it will makes fire arms safer and one day it could save

some ones life. I wish you every success. Everyone should have one. I

can't wait to show all my friends and we will be placing an order very

soon.

Regards,

Mike

And for everyone out there who says that losing pistol mags is down to bad handling technique... Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssseeeeeeerrrrrs!

I bet your technique is amazing, huh? ;-)

At the end of the day... We pay a lot for pistol magazines. We don't pay a lot for holsters, though, do we?

Most of us either have X-draw vests, thigh holsters, or a SERPA. Even then, they will be replicas.

Do yourselves a favour; if you've never lost a pistol mag, or have no intention of buying the product, don't post.

I myself carry a WA SV Infinity 6" LTD 1911 IED SCW, which is a damn sight more valuable than your standard KSC GBB. I don't think I need to harp on at you all about how expensive Western Arms mags are, do I? =D

On several occasions, I have had the mag pop out unexpectedly; from both a thigh holster (Viper adjustable), and a X-draw vest. If I hadn't have noticed, I would have lost the original magazine to my gun, which would have annoyed me greatly.

I will be purchasing one of these in the near future.

Ben.

My genuine blackhawk SERPA came this week. Cost me 26 quid including shipping from USA :) I pay more for my USP mags. I haven't lost a mag YET but that doesn't mean this is a bad product just because I haven't lost one. :)

To anyone who's knocking this product, theres honestly no need to knock a cheap 5 quid product just because you don't think you need one.

Archived