New! MagGuard product!

RedGunn

Tired of losing your pistol magizines? Check out this new product! Basically it protects your magizine from falling out of your pistol while playing. This not only makes your pistol more reliable by preventing the accidental ejection of your mag and always having your pistol ready, but it also save tons of money. I would reccomend this product to anyone who uses a pistol. This product is not only for airsoft, it can also be used for real steel. When you need your sidearm to be ready, you need the piece of mind that it will be.

Check it out, theres a video on the site along with more info.

Heres a link:

http://www.playerschoiceairsoft.com/magguard/index.html

Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This "MagGuard" is a piece of elastic around the grip, with a vertical piece that holds the mag in.

So how do I change mags with this thing on?

Would it not be wiser to manufacture something which actually stops the accidental mag release?

No offence, but it looks like a poorly thought out product to me, I don't see any advantage over tape.

So how do I change mags with this thing on?

if u have to say this, u havent seen the video on the site. :)

am not saying if this is a good or bad product, personally i wouldnt use it since i have no need to, but it DOES allow for magazine changes to be fair, and in airsoft where your life DOESN'T depend on a magazine change being 2 seconds faster and magazines are expensive, i'd say it deserves a chance. its for any player who wants a peace of mind i guess.

truth be told, neither does my viper drop eg, but then again, my USP's mag release is not a push button but a lever that is quite impossible to catch on the inside of the holster. hence i dont need one of these but it IS a bit cooler than using home made duct tape and velcro. and it doesnt exactly cost a bomb :D

There are a lot of people that drop mags in the field. Every Op or Rec game 3 or 4 people have lost their mag or complete pistol. Magguard is an inexpensive way to protect your gun while still making it look nice. Lets face it we don't buy replica hand guns to make them look crappy with etape and what not. Even a cheap springer mag is $20-30 bucks, my pistols are TM MK23, and 2 Maruzen P99 both way to expensive to dress down with e-tape. The other thing I like is the way the grip feels with the Guard on non slip and very comfortable. Plus mag changes are fast and simple as shown in the video at

www.Magguard.com

post-54390-1217250734_thumb.jpg

The bike tube might work OK I don't see how,it doesn't cover the mag well. Plus it takes a lot away from the sexiness of your 1911. After 8 weeks of testing in the field by hardcore airsofters, grown men with many different types of hand guns. We have had nothing but rave reviews and a lot of wow what a great idea. Before you guys bash it before you try it. Try one you never know you might just love it too.

I'll have to put a video of how the rubber thingy works. BTW, how is it that my solution "kills sexyness" but the other one doesn't? :P

Agreed. I don't think black elastic around a grip looks any better than inner tube. :rolleyes:

Besides, you're probably more likely to see an operator with grips held on with tape or innertube (if say, their grip screw got stripped?) than with a piece of elastic with a big fat logo on the bottom.

Nonetheless, it is a good idea, and helps those who can't afford a SERPA/Safariland 6004.

Agreed. I don't think black elastic around a grip looks any better than inner tube.

You are kidding, right?

Personally, I like the idea. And for $10 plus shipping...why not?

And those of you suggesting the use of tape...just sounds like a bad idea. If I pay $100 for a GBB, I'm not putting tape on the grip...it would ruin the look, and the tape might leave icky sticky stuff if you were to ever remove it. (Just to counter what I know will be said:) Sure, you can remove the sticky stuff, but who wants to waste their time doing that?

-Vic

I don't know why people are being so resistant to this... the price for the product is hardly outrageous.

I've personally lost a 1911 mag in the field. The solution to that was simple but not exactly cheap--buy a holster that protects the mag release on the gun. Same goes with glocks, I would never carry a glock or 1911 airsoft pistol without a rigid, purpose-built holster that covers the mag release. Not a problem on my real glocks, the mag release is stiff enough to prevent accidental release, even if you are sitting against the mag release.

Steve

hang about hang about....

im confused.... why are airsofters saying that they wouldnt buy this product?

i mean... you dont want to spend your money on products... you dont really need?

but i mean... airsofters..... its gucci......

i need to lie down.

A decent holster would seem to be the answer.

One would think, but I've seen people loose mags when using a SERPA. Hell, I saw one guy loose a mag when he was using a Safariland 6004.

Good holsters won't stop you from loosing a magazine.

One would think, but I've seen people loose mags when using a SERPA. Hell, I saw one guy loose a mag when he was using a Safariland 6004.

Good holsters won't stop you from loosing a magazine.

This Man, has hit the Nail on the Head! This is why we made MagGuard. SERPA & Safariland are the best money can buy, most would say... But look what happened in the above quote. " It Happens" MagGuard whether you like it. or hate it. Will keep your Magazine in your mag well! BTW Reloading is fast with just a few minutes of practice. Remember you don't have to refasten MagGuard till the gun fights over!

I love," it's Gucci." Lol... :D

If you've had the problem of dropping or losing your magazine in the past, then you know what it's like. If you haven't dropped or lost your Magazine, I hope you never do... It SUCKS!!

Chaseman

Capt. Team R.A.T.S.

Michigan, U.S.A

because, they use sensible weapon placement. i dont think it would be very likely that i would ever drop my mag out, as i have a serpa on my flak.

look, this seems like a nice product and all, but i just cant see much of an advantage over velcro strips. and for me, airsoft is as close to training for the real thing as you can get, so every second, for me, counts

-Joe

Archived