AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats going straight into the 'MY EYES, THEY BLEED' thread :P

Though i cant fault your work (is good),its just..... :mellow:

It's a marmite gun alright. I bought the spetz to be a little different now the site I play at has just bought 10+ for rental so I had to chop mine.

gotta be different me ;)

K_K

I present to you, my freshly built APK74

It is:

Kalash AK74 Full stock

Real steel RPK stock (took me an hour or two to modify it to fit the AK)

RPK, i think, lower handgaurd

stock kalash upper handgaurd

waiting for anotherjesus to buy me my vented upper handgaurd xD

This is one of the new gen kalash's, and the wood quality of it was quite a bit lower than my first gen one, unfortuneatly meaning my other AK (which is to be made out of bits) will have lower quality wood :(, but the wood pictured has all been sanded and re-varnished.

Pictured below with Rebar Cutter flashider and an AK47 mag:

APK74.jpg

Pictures below with 74 flashider and AK74 mag

APK74-3.jpg

APK74-2.jpg

Sorry about the pictures, im too tired after filing the wooden parts down!

you need to get a longer barrel with an RPK bipod, smooth reciever cover, CA windage adjustable leaf sight, real steel RPK74 flash hider, fill in the dimples and add reciever reinforcements.

there are a few more details missing, but they're not as important IMO if you're not worried about 100% accuracy.

you need to get a longer barrel with an RPK bipod, smooth reciever cover, CA windage adjustable leaf sight, real steel RPK74 flash hider, fill in the dimples and add reciever reinforcements.

there are a few more details missing, but they're not as important IMO if you're not worried about 100% accuracy.

Sorry, didnt mention I dont want it to be an RPK. Already helped my mate build one so i could always do it again, just not really that interested in it as I wouldnt use it like a support gun anyway!

Imagine something cobbled together out of a parts bin. plus its damn comfy to use as it is. And it goes with my stalker inspired loadout

Now i just want a POSP...

@ Stealth1911- Wow fella, that AK is one of the best I have seen in a long, long time. Theres just something about that particullar combination that I love (RPK stock and standard 74 front end, mainly). That truly is a great AK, in my eyes.

BTW, I can confirm non-biasedly (because I am not in anyway an AK purist, proved by me loving your creation) that its much better looking with the 74 magazines.

All you AK purists are going to want to smite me when I finish my creation. Can't tell you what it is, but here are some hints:

http://elitecustomguns.com/gallery/albums/ECPW/P1010012.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2293/181345...96e0d22.jpg?v=0

Actually a thousand shiny AKMs is more acceptable than one tactifailed AK :D