AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, they are part of the new CYMA full steel series. they shoot pretty hot, but are otherwise great weapons.

Actually, I think they're part of the CM040 series, the AKSU may be the full-steel one but I doubt the other two are. I reviewed the CM040C on Red-Alliance.

I know it's SLIGHTLY not feasible in real life, but I have a systema tightbore in there, using the scope is actually useful in this sense.

Plus, you have to admit, the gun looks *fruitcage* amazing with it on.

Ah, seeing an AKSU with a POSP on it reminds me of playing America's Army as the Indigenous Forces. Ah, good times. I never did complete the special forces training missions...

Oh, have you noticed any less accuracy from your AKSU compared to a full-sized AK? I'm thinking about getting one, but I'm wary about skirmishing in a woodland environment with a Mp5-G36c length barrel.

Oh, have you noticed any less accuracy from your AKSU compared to a full-sized AK? I'm thinking about getting one, but I'm wary about skirmishing in a woodland environment with a Mp5-G36c length barrel.

Easy solution. PBS-4. I threw one on my VFC 74u, and w/a KM tightbore, accuracy increased to 400fps-TM M14 ranges... @370fps. [Not exaggerating.. I have both.]

Ah, seeing an AKSU with a POSP on it reminds me of playing America's Army as the Indigenous Forces. Ah, good times. I never did complete the special forces training missions...

To be honest I can't really tell, both are quite accurate. The AKS-74u has a systema tightbore in it, the scope on the gun actually does prove useful in this case.

And yes, I remember playing as Indigenous forces too, I guess that's where I took some inspiration from.

Decided to break out the camera and take some new pictures:

LCT AMD-65 CYMA gearbox, element hop and madbull tightbore

amd65.jpg

Guarder AKSU front end and Inokatsu (mauri fit) receiver, TM hop, TM upgraded gearbox

aksu.jpg

VFC AKS74 with madbull tightbore, H Nub and element 45 hop rubber

aks74.jpg

G&G AKMS with LCT pistol grip and RS furniture, Inokatsu AKMS with tightbore, element hop, CYMA gearbox and RS furniture

akms1-3.jpg

akms-4.jpg

Inokatsu AKM with madbull tightbore, CYMA gearbox, element hop up, H nub and element 45 hop rubber. RS furniture modded to fit.

akm.jpg

VFC AK74SU with PBS silencer. Inner barrel extended to end of silencer. Modern furniture made by Element.

ak74su1.jpg

VFC AK74Su with thumbhole foregrip.

ak74su-1.jpg

Kalash AK74 with RS furniture. Added a element 65 hop rubber but needs changing as FPS is too low now.

ak74-1.jpg

Some nice guns in this thread, i hope my meager offerings can still please the eye :unsure:

My AKM, with and without PK-AV installed:

AKM-PKAV.jpg

AKM1.jpg

She's build on an LCT AIMS, with real-steel furniture.

MD-90, here with POSP 2,5-5x24 (just showing off really, the scope is for my SVD when RS finally releases it):

AIMSS4.jpg

AIMSS1.jpg

Again an LCT AIMS, the green poly grips are a placer holder, real AKM grips will replace them soon'ish, the 5-round mag is a DIY job, good fun for casual plinking.

RS Type-56:

T561.jpg

Nothing special about this one.

AKMS, LCT:

AKMS2.jpg

AKMS1.jpg

Khyber-Pass AKM, build from some old Guarder parts:

Khyber3.jpg

Khyb1.jpg

Damn I always wanted to build a Khyberpass AKM to accompany the AKMSU. Lovely.

Its well worth it, she turns heads wherever she goes, as i would imagine that AKMSU does ;)

But i must confess i use the MD-90 more frequently, that coathanger is just too usefull.

Grobut some lovely Ak's there :)

And the same to you Komrade, that AK-74 is particularly impressive, did you fit that stock on a 74 VFC reciver? that must have taken some time! :o

Edited by Grobut