SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't really thought of it looking green - I guess it's caused by the red tile upsetting the colour balance - It's pretty much black as shown in other people's shots.

Cheers.

Doing a review soon, I hope? I'm still thinking of getting one of these instead of one of the new KSC USPs, but I'm afraid of how plasticky it is. :P

jay, would you consider doing a guide on how to install hogue grips on marui 226s. People have just come on to these forums, shown that it works, but no full write-up was given.

By the way, I've updated my two-tone 226 here, installed the rear blade sight, which was a a PITA to install because it didnt want to sit in nice and easy like the marui sight. Regardless, all I have to get now is the steel threaded and non-threaded barrels that guarder is supposed to release.

Anyway here's newer pictures for you:

http://www.lawndartdesign.com/guns/226_1.html

• 2 weeks later...

a2or.jpg

b4bd.jpg

TM Sig P226 w/PGC Metal Frame & Slide

planning on upgrading the recoil & hammer spring

The PGC set seems to lack the trades of some of the other sets. Also, if you look closely, you'll notice in the 2nd pic that instead of SIGARMS, it says SIGAPMS. I'm hoping to fix that with a dremel.

Edited by rantng

Rant, my PGC kitted 226 has the Proper SIGARMS labeling, so maybe it's a weird production run.

Definately get yourself a guarder recoil guide, as by itself the stock spring is pretty weak for a metal kit.

The PGC kit is definately nice, but I'm still gonna say the de facto best kit is still the one made by Prime.

Rant, my PGC kitted 226 has the Proper SIGARMS labeling, so maybe it's a weird production run.

Definately get yourself a guarder recoil guide, as by itself the stock spring is pretty weak for a metal kit.

The PGC kit is definately nice, but I'm still gonna say the de facto best kit is still the one made by Prime.

spring guide as well? is a harder recoil spring not enough?

BTW titleist, how does the finish on the Prime and PGC compare with the real thing?

Edited by FUmiYAsu
Sorry I meant recoil spring, not guide, DURRRrrrrr....my bad.

It's weird, I can't say which one is closer, the surface feel of the PGC kit is closer to my real 226, but looks wise i'd give it to the prime. So both are close but no cigar.

How about the Creation kits? Do you have experience with one..? The thing is I want to get a non-railed frame but with the new engraving laid outs, so that pretty much leaves creation the only brand that I can buy... or maybe settle for the old style PGC frame you got.. there's no other new non rail frames is there? other than prime since they are too expensive for me... <_<

Sorry, this may offend a few people here, but creation = ######.

Get yourself the PGC kit, far better fit and finish than the Creation kits. I've felt the creation and guarder kits, and they're really rough around the edges when it comes to build quality. Spend the 230 bucks for the kit, it's really worth it. I swear.

Sorry, this may offend a few people here, but creation = ######.

Get yourself the PGC kit, far better fit and finish than the Creation kits. I've felt the creation and guarder kits, and they're really rough around the edges when it comes to build quality. Spend the 230 bucks for the kit, it's really worth it. I swear.

Just to make sure, the creation kit you are talking about is the US260 one with recoil spring and piston head right? The one that's the same as the guarder one is Action I think....

In that case I shall get the PGC railed frame with guarder spring set then....

Oh also... just looked at you website, does the PGC kit not include a barrel? Since you are using the guarder steel barrel for it...

btw... I am using ur skimish sig's picture as my wallpaper now.... it's just beautiful... :P

Edited by FUmiYAsu