SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

augh.... wgcshop just ran out of stock when my friend went to order for me.  so i am going to order from unco with a POM loading nozzle.  what are all the extra white pieces for?

Those are the two pieces inside the loading nozzle. One is what the spring sits on and the other is the cap.

i've got a quick question on high flow valves. some people say they're good and some say they're bad. i was talking to onslaught before and he said he got 1.5 mags out of his mag with green gas and it was using a KM High flow valve but he said the Nineball ones are better. I was at AEX asking about them but the owner said they were next to useless. anybody have some opinions? i want some people with p226's opinions.

From what I've seen aftermarket hi-flow valves are near useless on a P226 because the exit port on the valve is as large, or as near to, as the exit port on the mag, therefore, even if you had the biggest opening on the valve(or no valve at all) you still wouldn't have any more gas flow.

Unless hi-flow valves actually have a bigger bore for the valve piston, of which my Mk23 valve's don't and I doubt others do, then a hi-valve in a P226 will have little value. You'd be better off saving £25 or so and getting your Dremel and opening up the valve port as much as possible and smoothing out the edges to make gas flow as smooth as possible.

Personally I would go with a higher pressure gas and a higher tension hammer spring in the main.

Remember, on the Marui p226 valve, the exit port on the valve is a separate collar to the main body of the valve therfore if it has not been alligned properly with the mag exit port it will impede gas flow. Get a strong light and look down the mag port and see if the valve opening is alligned centrally and symetrical.