SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my new P226. The slide and frame are creation. I polished all of the other metal parts using a dremel. Came out pretty good if I do say so myself. Sorry the picture quality sucks, it was taken late last night with a camera phone.

Gun1.jpg

Edited by quiksilver6184

I thought it was the P239? I'm going by the manga, but I don't think they would change it...

Her ribbon is in the way, the grip is too dark, and the mag trade looks blurred... it's like they were intentionally hiding it <_< but I've always thought it was a P239

GunslingerGirlv01CoverFront.jpg

SiGARMS P239

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed the slide serrations, it's probably a P229.

Wait a second... some P239's have same kind of slide serrations too... wth?

Wiki's P239

EDIT (2): Darn, got a screen cap but doesn't really help...

01.gif

Edited by Donut

wow, I never noticed that, I guess I was right then, it was a P239 (though where I got the idea originally I don't know)

EDIT: Well, Elsa uses a P229...

02.gif

I think Triela also uses a Sig too... let me see

Edited by Donut
I would use a brillo pad. That would be the best way to get the black paint off without scratching the metal.

Or whats called a scotch pad, like a brillo pad only plastic and available from car motorfactors, I've also had good success using wire wool to remove paint and polish up parts. The WW usually comes in a pack with 3 grades in it, start coarse and go finer as you near completion.

To remove anodising it might be worth trying Jenolite rust removing gel. A while back I accidentally got a spot on my deact MP44 and it took the parkerising/blueing clean off so that bare metal showed.

Might be worth a try prior to polishing and will certainly prevent scratches of any kind from an abrasive material.

If it's painted just slap on some Nitromors.

Edited by Tommygunn
Probably from my post 3 above yours  :P

wow, I totally didn't see that, I guess I must've just glanced at it and assumed you said P229 like everyone else... I really need to pay more attention.

I kind of regret getting the Guarder frame, the more I see non-railed Sig's, the more I like them, and I don't use the rail that much; but I can't justify spending another $150 for a new metal frame... <_<

I might try to DIY it and cut/file/dremel off the rail... which would be doable, but probably take a long time, biggest problem will be repainting it after I'm done.