SIG Picture Thread

okay, i just installed my new outer barrel and my RCC recoil spring (also, i can't tell which one is 70% and which one is 130%) and my guarder enhanced loading nozzle. after installing the loading nozzle, it sticks to the inner barrel/hop up unit. any idea why? and which spring should i use? or should i use the 150% guarder spring? maybe it's specially made for the guarder slide and frame.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you own any guns you haven't just sawn in half ?

gallery_5242_978_121819.jpg

more pics here

Sig SG550 with Burst intact firing at 355 fps and running off a 9.6v 3300mah large battery on a battery sling

re-finished in Black furniture and fitted with SG552 upper reciever

I'm still a way off finishing but it's one of my cold case projects for times when i have no other work on.

living prof that the burst will work even when running 9.6v and running a reasonably high upgrade!

BTW I hate working on the sg550/551 as it has the most awkward V3 gearbox ever with all the external selector mech

I need to finish the paint job and fit scope mount and Madbull barrel next

The mag release is completely reversable. It's a simple job to remove it and swap it round.

The slide release is not in a good position, or indeed for a right handed person in my opinion, but a quick yank on the slide will do under pressure. Don't worry about the safety as your only going to de-cock it when your not under the stress of airsoft battle hell.

magreleasekn8.jpg

Yeah sure. I'm not actually going to take it apart so this is purely from memory and disassembly might be better done in a slightly different order.

First remove both grip panels. Then you have to remove the trigger group mechanics from the frame and possibly the hammer mech, but I can't remember for sure. The trig mech will just pull out as an assembled unit once the associated pins and screws have been removed. Sorry, not going into details but if you need more help just ask.

Next look down the mag well and there is a vertical plastic panel behind the trigger and above the mag catch. This needs to be pulled up vertically to allow the catch spring and catch to be removed, spring upwards and catch to the left. Of course removal of the cover panel from the mag button's opposite side will need removing and indeed it may help if you remove it first to help jiggle the catch free.

Then just flip the catch over and replace, replace spring and plastic retainer and screw access panel back on the opposite side. Replace mechanics, grips and all and your set to go.

Quick question to KJW owners, seems better to post here than start a new thread:

Is the front sight removable on a KJW P226? i need one, and UNCo only have the rear sight, although you can buy the spare slide which comes with a front sight, im hoping someone will tell me its removable, so i can buy the slide and put the sight onto my TM.