Whats The Wierdest Thing Thats Happened To You At A Skirmish?

T.G. Dog

Playing a hostage sceanrio at my local feild. I go around our right flank to make sure it's clear. I then hear my team members screaming "THE HOSTAGE IS ESCAPING!!". I turned around and saw the weirdest thing I have ever seen in an airsoft game. A grown man in combat gear with a ponytail SKIPPING the opposite direction of me singing "Lallalalalalalalal" while my team is chasing him with the opfor charging twords him.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well compared to some of amazing stuff that's already been posted it isn't much. Firing a spring sniper rifle (which is normally virtually silent) and hearing a massive bang after pulling the trigger. Took a few seconds of ?!! before we realised someone at the rs shooting range opposite had just fired a 1911... (I fired the springer again just to make sure)

BTW this is the best thread EVA! :P

We were playing once and all of a sudden "CEASE FIRE" all the way down the line. "Everyone on the flare" came over the comms, after a 10 minute walk we were briefed on the fact some guy had reported "frodo from LOTR" on site. everyone like WTF are you jabbering, double checking he hadnt been eating 'shrooms off site we flipped torches to on and took up a 3m spread (60 people over 4 squads playing) walked about 360m~ to discover what seamed at the time something from the battle of mordor. Elves, goblins, wizards and pixies (skimpely dressed goth types too we were impressed to see, they could definately handle their swords :wub: ) turns out when they think the airsofting/paintballing isnt on they had LARP on site. true to description a short guy dressed and armed as frodo stood there in mid-blow with his dagger.

last week I got handed two socom gear punisher .45s and chucked off a 6ft ledge backwards into a rather deep and muddy pond where two guys were held up during the escape and evade scenario. (the guy litterly kicked me boot to the chest style off the ledge taking my m4 in doing so)

Being told by a player 'it is very easy shooting orders from the back isn't it?'.

Well:

1. I was actually in front of him as the enemy had fanned out and i was guarding the left flank, expecting him and the others to move up for support.

2. When the game began i was about 10 metres ahead of my own team for about 20 mins, mostly as my MP5K fires 250 and i needed to be up close.

3. In addition to supporting i had to look after the poor sod running around with a box we had to get to the objective, three times i took a hit for him.

Makes me laugh though when people scream at others to move up or make snide comments when asked to pitch in, both as they don't understand that yes we don't have to listen to you or talk to you, but really we have reasons and advice we could offer but you are to arrogant / stupid / egotistic to listen :P

'FireKnife'

How is that weird? Happens all the time.

It is weird that someone at the front line accusses another front liner or objective runner or medic of not doing anything when they are doing more than the person accusing them :P

The thing that was funny though was while shouting at me he got lit up by the enemy eventually.

'FireKnife'

I just can't understand.

Though i suppose the weirdest on that day was watching a 20 something Polish guy decked out in full kit with a spanking new M4 screaming at two 16yr olds with hire kit that they weren't taking there hits, completely forgetting they were on his team and friendly fire is ignored for that game :P

'FireKnife'

Sometimes friendly fire off does work, depends on the game. Weirdest thing I saw, was a Polish player holding down the trigger with his hire AK Spetz, screaming for all high heaven having the time of his life. I didn't have the heart to tell him he needed to wind his magazine... this continued for a good 20 minutes too.

Sometimes friendly fire off does work, depends on the game. Weirdest thing I saw, was a Polish player holding down the trigger with his hire AK Spetz, screaming for all high heaven having the time of his life. I didn't have the heart to tell him he needed to wind his magazine... this continued for a good 20 minutes too.

He was enjoying himself and not hurting anyone leave him to it :P

Though you might want to inform him that firing it while empty will damage the gun and may mean he has to pay repair costs.

'FireKnife'

Worst feeling is getting to an awesome spot or being a running, dodging, shooting badass, only to find out that A. You didnt gas/load mags,

B. When you were firing the clip wasnt feeding

C. The round ends or your team has already pushed up to the position you reached.

B is even worse if you were complaining about people not calling hits

• 2 months later...

No so much weird but ironic. I was at my first big op and hadent played in a year, and didnt know the field. So my team was attacking this two story pill box that these two guys were in. I was hidding behiend this litle building with two other guys, I poked my head out and asked "Is it clear?" not one second after i got shot in the mouth. Just my luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't understand.

Though i suppose the weirdest on that day was watching a 20 something Polish guy decked out in full kit with a spanking new M4 screaming at two 16yr olds with hire kit that they weren't taking there hits, completely forgetting they were on his team and friendly fire is ignored for that game :P

'FireKnife'

It may be that we're used to friendly fire counting as a legal hit here. We also have a lot of zombie issues, so blowing fuses over people not taking hits is also common.

...and this reminds me of that one time we led a screaming charge on a reinforced enemy position, I got a faceful of BBs while running at full speed and, according to my friend, I almost did a backflip when hit.

Archived