Your Perfect Ideal 5 man Squad. Any why

Drifty

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'd be wrong. no one would even be able to come close to these guys. think Jesse Ventura (MN PRIDE!!!) In predator... X4... CONSTANTLY.

They would be slow, yes, but the mini gun puts out such a severe volume of fire that there would be no way to get in range without being hit.

This would work best outdoors, obviously. But indoors, still the volume of fire....

Meh, just because someone is shooting an insane amount of rounds doesn't mean that they couldn't be beaten with a single man or even squad with cheep springers.

Similar to the US in Vietnam compare their firepower to that of the VC NVA. And ergo proves my point.

METT-TC dependent

You know, I hear enough of that phrase every day to make me want to go insane. At least no one has mentioned OCOKA (OACOK, whatever the hell you feel like)) yet. Oh, ######.

Anyways, I'd just got for the standard 9-Soldier setup... Minus the automatic rifleman, as any run of the mil AEG can suddenly become a support weapon with the swap of a magazine.

At some point the sheer volume of fire makes something un assailable.

These guys don't need to identify targets, they just cover different directions and sweep back and fourth, 110 degrees each (slightly overlapping)

Not saying they would be unbeatable, but they would be an extremely difficult target to attack.

We currenly have about 5 pers in our Reconnaissance squad, This is what we aim for setups. It might change within time.

1. Sqd.Leader/Point man (Me) Weapon G3A3 Modified to the Swedish AK4B-(Red dot), GL and vertical grip), With secondary weapon Glock17 (Swedish P88)with Flashlight module.

Carries Heavy-Medium Equipment.

2. Anti-Tank, Sharpshooter/Medium Machinegunner(Semi-Sniper) and Secondary in Command. Weapon: G3A3 Modified to Ak4OR (scope & Bipod)/M240 modified into KSP58B Equipment AT weapon + Medium - Heavy Equipment

3. Medic/Sniper-Long Range. Weapon: M4A1 (unkown setup) or Bolt Action Rifle.

Equipment VERY LIGHT

4. Scout Weapon: Unknown yet, however very light equipment for fast travelling.

5. Not so sure, about this dude yet, but probably Support Gunner.

We've got people saying they WANT to be on the team, but they don't even play airsoft...

To that mini gun rocket launcher team, I'd want JUST want 2 people, a skilled sniper and spotter team.

They'd fo sho kill that team. Sorry man, you may have miniguns, but you can't shoot everywhere blind.

What would be the most hilarious thing is if they're trying to put up a 360 perimeter within close proximity

to each other, and are all killed by a tornado grenade tossed from the bushes with some dude with no gun. haha

Sorry, I just think it's funny when people try to out arm everyone else, instead of out train them.

At some point the sheer volume of fire makes something un assailable.

These guys don't need to identify targets, they just cover different directions and sweep back and fourth, 110 degrees each (slightly overlapping)

Not saying they would be unbeatable, but they would be an extremely difficult target to attack.

For the record, you are almost entirely wrong here.

All you'd need to defeat this formation, even completely absent the possibility of sniper weapons, would be some slightly uneven ground and an AEG. In actual woodland, you could do 'em with a springer, and in CQB the floor's the limit, especially if there are lots of stairs and/or doorways involved.

Anyone standing up and not paying attention is asking to get shot, no matter how much firepower they've got.

You'd be wrong. no one would even be able to come close to these guys. think Jesse Ventura (MN PRIDE!!!) In predator... X4... CONSTANTLY.

They would be slow, yes, but the mini gun puts out such a severe volume of fire that there would be no way to get in range without being hit.

This would work best outdoors, obviously. But indoors, still the volume of fire....

They would be torn to bits.....

You cannot replace Strategy, Awareness, Manouverability, Accuracy, Fieldcraft and Cunning with FIREPOWER!

So, at the risk of repeating myself...... they would be torn to bits!

Happy Hunting ;)

DPM + AKs and P90s = Teh phail.

I accept my phail from earlier and will report for my lashings when I arrive home.

Why is it the fail? They look like people that actually play airsoft, and they could probably run rings around some *beep* that has all the gear and all the military lingo he picked up from reading posts by servicemen on mp.net or whatever.

In woodland that's not too dense, I quite like the sound of.....

2 people with short miniguns

1 person responsible for helping feed the miniguns' bb habit

2 snipers

Suppress and pin down with the miniguns and finish the job with the snipers :) Most likely wouldn't work that well but would pretty funny and psycologically intimidating

Archived