Your Perfect Ideal 5 man Squad. Any why

Drifty

a couple of guys from electrowerkz.... we dont even need to fill all 5 slots.

:P

as for what the OP was on about

Woodland:

Squad leader, Rifle

Grenader, rifle + moscart

Grenader, rifle + moscart

support gunner, lmg

marksman/sniper, Springer rifle

All would have GBB handguns for room clearance,.

All would have radios, and each soldier would act semi individually.

Marksman would provide support and observe enemy flanking moves and relay to the squad leader. one grenadeer will stick around the marksman to keep him alive. then the others would push up and get stuck in.

and in a pure CQB environment

Squad leader, SMG

ROF man, high ROF SMG

ROF man, high ROF SMG

Grenader, smg + moscart

Grenader, smg + moscart

with good movment and team drills, the team leader goes to the objective and the others keep him alive.

in either situation i have another addition

bait, my sister for teh lolz with a springer pistol

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine would probably be (for Airsoft only!);

2 x Snipers/DMR's (One with a gas rifle, one with a spring, or perhaps electric rifle).

2 x Support Gunners (M249's, M60's, or whatever).

1 x Spotter (Some sort of AEG with a good optic).

I believe this team unbeatable, especially in a defensive scenario!

Ben.

1: M4 shorty and a shitload of highcaps.

2: M4 shorty and a shitload of highcaps.

3: M4 shorty and a shitload of highcaps.

4: M4 shorty and a shitload of highcaps.

5: M4 shorty and a shitload of highcaps.

Every person is capable of delivering maximum efficiency at all times, which eases teamwork requirements.

For a multi-purpose Squad (normal wood game, unknown scenario, be prepared for everything etc.)

I also assume this is for a milsim-ish game, so no hicaps.

Since this is my perfect ideal squad, we're all wearing flecktarn and using German weapons ;)

My setup for a 5-man squad/fire team would be something like this:

Squad Leader: My buddy Jazz_Bond, quite capable and decisive, armed with a G36 or G36K with AG36.

Support: Me with my MG3

Rifleman/grenadier: Another buddy of mine, MaR, with a G36K with AG36

Rifleman: Some other dude with a G36/G36K, preferably slightly aggressive.

Rifleman/medic: our latest flecktard, Boka, with a G36 and field dressings.

We have here a good combination of firepower (me), mobility/maneuver with the riflemen, staying power with the medic healing the unfortunate ones and with a squad leader coordinating it all.

Now, if we should pull this off, we will still depend on the rest of the force co-operating with us, so radios are important. At the moment we (except for the new guy and the non-existing guy) use bowman radios for communication withing the squad, and normal 446 radios to keep in touch with the rest of the force.

It works, tried and tested :)

If we know that out mission will depend on long distance marching over uneven terrain, I'll substitute my MG3 for a G36.

If silent infiltration or some stuff like that is planned (or something else where you'd want a boltie), MaR will probably break out his G22 (AW-something) and some of us have these SAAB-barracuda personal camouflage nettings that we'll use, pretty effective.

Not to mention we've got backpacks that can be packed with small tents, multi-fueled cooking apparatus and food or whatever else we'd want to take with us.

Now we just need that 5th dude with a G36/G36K, and we're in business :)

8 man squads FTW

1.i.c.- Armed with AK74M + GP30

2.i.c. - Armed with AK74M + GP30

1 medic - armed with AK74M

2 Riflemen - Armed with AK74M

1 Scout - Armed with Silenced AKMS

1 Support Gunner - Armed with RPK-74

1 Support gunner or Marksman - Armed with RPK-74 or SVD

If we are talking airsoft then (all with mid / lo caps that make a 600 round limit):

1x Unit Leader: P90, 1911 and Pyro.

2x Assault: P90, 1911 and Pyro or Claymore.

1x Marksman: Semi only M14, MEU and Bino's.

1x Support: G3 SG1 with 3000 round drum mag, 1911.

All would have vests with the appropriate pouches and holsters.

'FireKnife'

• 3 weeks later...

Squad Leader- TM MC51+red dot, shooting 330 at 18rps. Side Arm: Tanaka SAA.

Rifleman/dmr: CA G3+ Scope, TM Hop up, Fire fly bucking, 380fps, Side arm: TM 1911a1

Rifleman: CA G3, TM Hop up, 350fps, Sida Arm TM 1911a1

Shotgunner: Marushin 8mm M500, external air rig, Side Arm: TM Mk.23

Support Gunner: CA M249, Side Arm: TM1911a1

4 guys with echo one mini guns, spare mags for them, one guy with a Jcs rocket launcher, and tons of rounds for it, each dude would also have 4 AI tornado grenades, and possibly a pistol.

Instant force booster.

4 guys with echo one mini guns, spare mags for them, one guy with a Jcs rocket launcher, and tons of rounds for it, each dude would also have 4 AI tornado grenades, and possibly a pistol.

Instant force booster.

And I reckon with a seven quid cheep soft shot gun, and hour or two sneaking it would be possibly to pwn each and every one of them.

To me this thread is like a paintball game thread.

Squad Leader- TM MC51+red dot, shooting 330 at 18rps. Side Arm: Tanaka SAA.

Rifleman/dmr: CA G3+ Scope, TM Hop up, Fire fly bucking, 380fps, Side arm: TM 1911a1

Rifleman: CA G3, TM Hop up, 350fps, Sida Arm TM 1911a1

Shotgunner: Marushin 8mm M500, external air rig, Side Arm: TM Mk.23

Support Gunner: CA M249, Side Arm: TM1911a1

Dude, I don't think HOP UP BUCKING is a big deal when laying out squad structure. Also, this topic fails because Squads are 9 man...

For AIRSOFT, a 9 man squad should just be riflemen. There isn't a point (in any airsoft I've ever played) to have DMs or snipers (usless) and SAW gunners slow you down so it's METTC dependent regarding when to employ them.

For AIRSOFT, a 9 man squad should just be riflemen. There isn't a point (in any airsoft I've ever played) to have DMs or snipers (usless) and SAW gunners slow you down so it's METTC dependent regarding when to employ them.

Depends, don't you have any restrictions on how many fps the riflemen can run and do you use Highcaps?

In that case, yeah, DM's and Supports are useless. But in sweden semi only rifles are allowed to go much higher than a full auto rifle, and we have forbidden highcaps on my site. So yeah, DM's and supports do help alot.

I would go with:

1X Support/SAW

2X DMR's

2X Rifleman (400fps IE: Certain engagement limit)

2X Rifleman (350fps IE: No engagement limit)

With proper communication and tactics a fire team of 6 or 7 guys can have their way with pretty much anyone on the airsoft field. With the exception of maybe 100 opponents. Then the 7 man team is just flat out doomed....LOL. :rocket:

And I reckon with a seven quid cheep soft shot gun, and hour or two sneaking it would be possibly to pwn each and every one of them.

You'd be wrong. no one would even be able to come close to these guys. think Jesse Ventura (MN PRIDE!!!) In predator... X4... CONSTANTLY.

They would be slow, yes, but the mini gun puts out such a severe volume of fire that there would be no way to get in range without being hit.

This would work best outdoors, obviously. But indoors, still the volume of fire....

Archived