Your Perfect Ideal 5 man Squad. Any why

Drifty

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the mission? Are we defending a hill? Then I want everyone to be packing M60E3 MK43s. Are we doing some intense CQC in some place where we need to be deniable? Then I want my people carrying MP5SD6s.

Basically, I'm saying that this is a silly topic that the answer is always going to be METT-TC dependent.

That's more of a fire team than a squad. My perfect squad would be 12.

1 - SQ/Rifleman

2 - FTL/Rifleman

2 - Grenadier (1 per FT)

2 - Automatic Support Weapon (1 per FT)

6 - Riflemen (3 per FT)

To me, this is the best general purpose squad make-up. Gear and equipment may change per METT-TC as highlighted by Wraith.

The perfect fire team wouldn't have time to bleed.

Which is why you need me and my medic friends, to put band-aids on your booboos and make it so you don't have to bleed.

Aww... Fine, you'll replace the role known as "S*** shoveler!" Nah, maybe just a rifleman replacement. *Wags finger* Picky, picky!

Thank you.

Besides, you don't need a rifleman. I have mad pistols skills, thats even better!

My own team planned for Berget:

1 Squadleader with PTW m4

1 rifleman with PTW m4

1 DMR with Mauri m14 (maybe. if not, 2 support.)

1 Support with A&K m249

1 Medic with ? (don't know yet)

The rifleman will carry extra ammunition as he won't have as much stuff to carry as the rest of the group, the rest will be distributed trough the squad.

Jamie Carragher, Jamie Carragher, Jamie Carragher, Jamie Carragher & Jamie Carragher.

Why? Because we all dream of a team of Jamie Carragher's, plus he's *fruitcage* hard.

Oh, and he's a scouser so he'll most likely pinch the wheels off your tank so you wont be able to chase after the team :lol:

What is the mission? Are we defending a hill? Then I want everyone to be packing M60E3 MK43s. Are we doing some intense CQC in some place where we need to be deniable? Then I want my people carrying MP5SD6s.

Basically, I'm saying that this is a silly topic that the answer is always going to be METT-TC dependent.

I completely disagree. A team should be setup to the point that it can be used for any mission with little to no modification. Fireteams are not supposed to be mission specific. Equipment is mission specific. Guns are mission specific. Accessories are mission specific. Team layout is not, unless your team is very ineffective.

For me personally, if I was limited to 5 guys, I would have it setup like this:

1 fireteam leader (rifleman)

2 riflemen

1 grenadier or support gunner

1 designated marksman or just another rifleman

At least 1 needs to double as a medic.

I prefer 7 man fireteams, personally. I would put more emphasis on a support gunner, but my site doesn't allow anything over 400 fps, so there isn't really a point in having a support gunner if he has the same power restrictions as us.

If it were a 7 man team, I would add 2 more riflemen, 1 of them being a dedicated medic. That would bring the total to 5 riflemen (including leader), 1 grenadier and 1 designated marksman.

All of these positions can serve the purpose of riflemen, and this setup should be effective for any style of mission. Please note: a designated marksman is not a sniper. A sniper would not be an effective part of a fireteam, in my opinion, since snipers are stealth and are used as a recon and support unit for a platoon, not for one specific fireteam.

Me (Chewie), Rat, Burger Kong, Pubes (or the Postman AKA Whisper) and Homo-Ninja. Possibly replace Burger with Milsimatic, but that's it for an assaulting force. If I were on defence I'd take Sunrise and Sprinkles in place of (probably) Pubes and Homo-Ninja but it'd be a tough call. Burger has an M249 as well as his L85 though so he can switch roles and honestly Sunrise would probably be useful in either scenario as he makes a surprisingly good DM as well as support gunner.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, these are my teammates- well, some of them. The Commissar hasn't got much practise recently, Hood doesn't get much practise ever (though she's a crack shot and a near-Olympic level archer, no joke), Noodles is still recovering from having his appendix out, Green is... well, green, Scotty hasn't had time to integrate properly yet and the Hairstyle... stands out a bit too much most of the time. Oh, and Teacher uses a Stubby Killer and is thus automatically disqualified.

Why?

Well, you can pick the greatest individual airsofters ever to have existed but if you don't get on with them and you haven't integrated properly as a team you're really unlikely to enjoy it when the BBs start flying. My team and I get along just fine both on and off the airsoft field, and we've played as a team on a regular basis for the last year as a result of which our integration is pretty good even if our individual skills aren't the best in the world ever.

Though having said that, some of my lot are exceptional players.

I prefer 7 man fireteams, personally. I would put more emphasis on a support gunner, but my site doesn't allow anything over 400 fps, so there isn't really a point in having a support gunner if he has the same power restrictions as us.

Hmm... I find 4-man fireteams more effective, leaving 9 and 13 man squads. In a 4-man team: Rifleman, Grenadier, Support, Rifleman : Rifleman, Grenadier, Medic, Designated Marksman + Squad leader.

I completely disagree. A team should be setup to the point that it can be used for any mission with little to no modification. Fireteams are not supposed to be mission specific. Equipment is mission specific. Guns are mission specific. Accessories are mission specific. Team layout is not, unless your team is very ineffective.

Right, the team should be good at everyone's job, and know everyone's equipment, and be able to handle any gun they're handed. They should be able to jump into any role that is necessary. I'm not saying bring different people for different missions, I'm saying that one's loadout should be determined by the mission they go out on. Its why SF units do lots of cross-training, even though they have their specializations. They can do whatever they're needed to.

Archived