Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah CH, It has turned into an excercise of frustration :( But I will not give up! For sure all of the seals are shot. Especially the front most seal in the chamber, and so far it has been the hardest to find. The hammer spring was also lacking, but I found a seemingly stronger one laying around the basement. Just won't know for sure if it works until I get all the seals worked out.

But at least it has given me an outlet for my "tinkering" ;)

honestly, the finish on the TM spas ain't the best (used to own the above model, minus the foregrip), so the slightly grainy look does it some favours- I rather like it, gives it a sort of brutal "we've just been kickin' zombie *albatross*, and one of them took a chunk out of my digicam" sort of look :)

myself, I'd mock up a Resi E backdrop and let that camera do its thang ;)

Hey Rhino, where did you come up with that gront grip? Is it RS, AS or jerry rigged? KJ is soon to release (about a month away) a Gas SPAZ and I'm probably going to grab itas soon as we get our first shipment, and you have exactly the set up I want!

I'd certainly enjoy better pictures of your SPAS Rhino.

So would i :(

Hey Rhino, where did you come up with that gront grip?

I'd heard about them ages ago. It's made by a company called Smokeys. On the SPAS pump, there's a little bit on the foregrip with a piece that has a button on it (non-functional) which is held on by screws. You simply unscrew that part and the foregrip screws into it's place. Certainly makes it "different" to pump. You can get them at WGC or Den Trinity (like BadAss did for me ;) )

shells are loaded from between 1-10 BB's each (More BBs=less power) Load shells into shotgun, rack pump. Fire shot, rack pump again and the empty shell is ejected and a fresh one is put into the chamber. Closest you'll get to a shotgun without buying a real one IMHO.

Edit: BTW, that was the gas version i'm on about, not the springer CA870 ;)

Edited by rhino

The shell has a tube going straight through which is covered in rubber, like a very very long hopup rubber. This allows you to hold anywhere from 1 to 10 BBs in there without them fallin out. 10 is the absolute max. You're not forced to put in a specific number of BBs.

The gun has pretty much real steel operation with loading the shells into the gun and then pumping them into the chamber. When you fire it, the M870 releases gas from it's internal tank (either in the stock for the BV, or a removeable tank for the pistol grip) behind the shell in the chamber. The gas goes right into where the BBs are in the shell and forces them out into the inner barrel where I'm pretty sure it has hop-up.

Oh yeah, one really cool feature that neither of us mentioned is the foregrip safety. After you rack the foregrip back (thus cocking it), it engages a safety on the foregrip so it stays locked at the front of the gun until the safety is disengaged by pulling the trigger.

It really helps on remembering if the gun is already cocked or not- and you can actually temporarily disengage the safety without pulling the trigger. (So if you need to cycle through your shells without firing them)

tossed on the m870 full stock onto my chopped ca870 just for fun and a pic. Not much for full stock guns. I like 'em chopped :)

20050518shotty0106ev.jpg

The gas 870 is slowly coming together. Got new seals that hold the co2, but the hammer spring is too weak to pop the valve (with unregulated co2). So the quest continues...

Led, a friend here made some extra powered hammer springs for the M870 valve, I think he might have a few left. Let me know if you'd like to get in touch with him.

Just thought I'd let you know, running unregulated CO2 through the gun can seriously mess with it, I believe about 250 PSI is the max you'll want to run it at. Even that is going to get the bbs way up there in terms of FPS.

Someone asked for pics of Marushin Mossberg, so here you are:

post-715-1116864267_thumb.jpg

And here´s my latest acquisition, Maruzen CA870 Charger with King´s red dot scope:

post-715-1116864310_thumb.jpg

Personally I think that Maruzen´s CA870 series has been the best thing in airsoft since... since... Well, for a really long time! Too bad that they only shoot one shot per time, but the performance truly makes up that loss.