Survivors

tom lawson

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, I like these survivor-type programs so it was right up my street!

Found it a tad silly that they all come across each other so easily, but then again 10% (I think?) of the population was left so you'd bump into people sporadically I guess. And yeah, about the ending...looks like it was planned.

And I hope they remembered to arm themselves after I saw what's in the next episode! :P

She drove all the way to wherever that out-of-bounds centre was and saw nobody (that Alpha Romeo must have had a full tank, eh?), then bumps into loads of folks all of a sudden. I'm the same with buses.

Did I miss something or did the lead actress actually die at one point?

Not a particularly original adaptation.

Here's a link to info on the original series:

http://www.survivorstvseries.com/index2.htm

Thanks for the thread lads, didn't have a clue it was on. Thoroughly enjoyed the first episode, much more like what a survival series should be. When they started stashing the survival kit, petrol and food i was dead impressed! Wish they'd got the outdoor pursuits instructor on board though. As soon as they started arguing i started to cringe - every survival film goes that way! :( But humans being humans, it makes sense right?

I'm watching this now, its pretty good, effective at keeping me from essay writing at least. :)

Haha, thats always a good sign.

It really annoyed me when Abby beeped the horn in tonight's episode.

And they haven't gone looking for firearms, I would have thought the ex-con would at least prioritise that..

Ah, another pretty good episode. As for firearms, I still reakon the ex-con has the pistol (unless he left it in his bag with all his cash in that car he got chucked out of?), but i'd like to see the 'good' guys arming themselves at least!

Who else is in love with the Land Rover Defender? :P

Someone needs to shove that double barrel up Dexter's *albartroth* right to the maker's name and pull the trigger...please refrain from the homoerotic idioms, i'm merely expressing my dislike towards the chap.

yeah, they need to arm themselves, its like... the FIRST thing i'd do, seriously.

I just watched the first episode of this thinking that it'd be a zombie type thingumy.

I was yelling at the woman for being stupid going around the hospital - I believe the words "corpse farm" were uttered at some point...

So, uh. It's not a zombie thing, then?

Why arm themselves? Their intent is to start rebuilding a unified population. If it happened to you, would you really be thinking about going gun hunting? In the UK as well, where its hard to find a gun at the best of times.

They'll have seen the films, they're bound to have some sort of inclination of a possible zombie attack or similar uprising given the horrific circumstance, better be safe than sorry. Right enough it'd be hard to find some but I'm sure they could if they looked hard enough, although it might be difficult given there won't be anyone 'down the pub' selling them :rolleyes: . Also, it'd be nice to pull out big ol' GPMG on that Dexter :angry:

Having just seen the second episode, i change my opinion. I'd have quite happily slotted dexters lot! Although there was always the option of just moving to another town?

Next weeks looks good, but the conspiracy twist at the end of each episode creeps me out!

No zombies MDK - although we don't know why the virus was intentionally(?) released.

I thought i posted allready :s

I accidentally watched the first episode by beeing at my GFs place when her parents watched it.

I very much enjoyed the first 2 episodes, i thought i'd loose interest in the second ep becuase i like setting seens, but cant be bothered with the people in them. Theese charicters are really well done (if a little obvious at times)

The guy who owned the land rover (gary?) i want to know where he came from, as in, what whas he before the culling? We know about everyone else, even the con.

As for arming, there are more guns in the UK than people think, and its all big bore rifles, breach break shotguns and blackpowder guns of all sizes. There are a few other things in civilian hands. Lets not forget the armys stockpiles of ammo, and something in the regon of 200k SA80s of various types, plus all the other guns the army uses. Add onto that illegal owning of various gang guns, whipit shotties and handguns. Lastly the police have quite a few glocks and MP5s laying about.

More than enough for one each of how many seem to have survived (i recon its less than 10%)

anyway, whens the next episode :D

Gary was a systems analyst. I read it in the TV guide.

"Buy a TV guide, don't need a TV." (imaginary +1 if you recognise the movie instantly)

Couldn't be bothered to watch the second one, I'd rather watch 28 Days Later. Oh, and yes - I now want that model of Land Rover rather than the Station Wagon.

The landrover with supplies was in my mind if the world ever went tits up. Good man Gary for thinking the same :D Although I'd have bolted a .50 to the top to show any Dexter-likes the good news. The second episode was better than the first, less of the rubbish, badly timed music. And how proud were the production crew of that scene where the Alfa Romeo was driven through the hospital glass doors, we got to see it from about 3 different angles, it was a bit cheesy.

Archived