• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day,

well coloursI used where Tamiya modeling paints,

I had to mix to get the right tones, I had Khaki but it was to dark

so I added some white and some dessert sand colour to give me the bass colour,

then I used light green with some Nato green mixed in, flatbrown with a touch of black

and fot the light colour I use Tamiya BUFF mixed with some earth brown.

Then finished with matt varnish, this also has to be taken into acount because the

varnish darkens the colours even thought its colourless.

Hope that helps mate.

see ya

cheers mate... I think I would have a go with that style.. maybe seeing if I could find a color closer to sage (for the green) ... and maybe adding a hint more green to the whole thing.. for NZ at least.. :)

Ok.. a slight update.

Lots of wear going on with the paint on the body and front and stuff but I have swapped the stock over to a CAR15 one. It is actually shorter now, but adds to the weight. Grrrr

leftsideCARout.jpg

leftsideCARin.jpg

I was pretty convinced that this would be a great camouflage pattern, only problem is that there`s no jungle in Switzerland and that I was stupid enough to put gloss on it. <_<

akcamo.jpg

Afterwards I gave it another shot but never finished it, at least it looks "a bit" better than my first attempt:

camo.jpg

Dont worry. the idea is to break it up and all.

Perhaps give it a light (pick your local earth or green color) spray to let it be muted down a bit... maybe get a matte finish as well?

I have not put any finish on mine, and just let the beastie wear away.

Souske - The paints used are as before: krylon OD, Khaki, and also some plasti-cote superenamal Sage Green... with a bit of a light dusting again of OD . I don't try for pretty, I just try for effective. :D

Well after my Bro Killtokk saw my multicam painted

rifle, he told me to do something with his rifle,

this is how I received it, he had try to paint it, then

sanded it down, basically it was totally f....k up :(

7d7db26b.jpg

and this is how it looks now, it a bit shinny cause the paint is still wet

tomorrow I shall take a couple of pic in the sun as its come out better to see

new078.jpg

hope you like the finished result bro :D

Yea i hope your bro appreciates it cause that is one killer paint job! That first pic has put me off painting my gun though :(

YO'D SAY IT !!!

THANKS CHIN !!

THAT'S A REALLY NICE PAINTING JOB, AGAIN!! GREAT QUALITY!! ... and my Weapon looks much better than my worst paint job (first pic) :D:D:D

I can tell you bro, you have many weapons waiting for your "painting touch"..

to all Friends, the next CHIN'S PAINT JOB it will be a DESERT 3 COLORS and then, a FRENCH DAGUET DESERT.

Finally, you'll must dedicate more time to do these jobs for all your team bro!!

see u!!

Edited by killtokk