Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm doing a USSF Afghan look I thought I'd re-decorate.

AfghanM4b50.jpg

AfghanM4a50.jpg

Its allright but the actual Color scheme doesent seem like it would actually blend with any real vegetation.

I would suggest browsing out this thread a lil more, and look at some examples, sometimes an Artistic look works well with foilage, and it will look nice too.

I dont mean to brag, if you were to search some of my thread, I would say Im pretty decent in the art of painting airsoft weapons, just look at how I use streaks of color and blending techniques to make your gun look better, but this is just my 2 cents, Ill be very realistic, overall, your weapon looks okay, but definately not the best and you can tell its plastic just because the way you treated it and spray painted every little streak with other colors exactly the same, I dunno, someone elase can relate im sure, but yah, checkout some other paint jobs, and get inspired, plan it out, and dont plan it out, sometimes its good to let it flow.

One thing Ive learned, if you spray like a Desert Tan, go over it with a lil LITE touch of OD or brown to change the appereance of the paint and break it up, like you can have some Desert Tan STOCK and then in a little area you can have it covered with Brown or OD to give it a different Tone and overall break up the rifles apperance.

The thing that you are over-looking here is the emulation of real operators. I paint my guns to look authentic and in this case to represent a weapon used by Army SF/Delta in Afghanistan/Iraq(granted I might apply a bit more sand here and there). Soldiers just do not do arty guns - they are soldiers.

What you are describing, and which approx 50% of the pics posted on this thread represent, is a 'wall hanger' gun which I am just not about for the above reasons.

Only in a few photos(e.g. Philippines) have I seen US soldiers using leaf stencils. This, to my mind, is pointless because any detail will be lost in shadow/distance etc. All you need is bold, scrubby pattern that generally follows your environment colours and your set.

There are only a few guns I like on this thread and they are all-over spray jobs - not this and that spray, not stencil sprays just those that mimick and portray real steel as seen in the field.

In my opinion I've done better than most, especially when you consider my aims. Also I am pretty damn certain that my camo pattern breaks up the definition of my rifle.

I'd be interested in other peoples thoughts on this - maybe I've got it all wrong.

p.s. I would like to get a clear looksie at your pistol, sniper, M4 etc without all the foliage attached.

The thing that you are over-looking here is the emulation of real operators. I paint my guns to look authentic and in this case to represent a weapon used by Army SF/Delta in Afghanistan/Iraq(granted I might apply a bit more sand here and there). Soldiers just do not do arty guns - they are soldiers.

What you are describing, and which approx 50% of the pics posted on this thread represent, is a 'wall hanger' gun which I am just not about for the above reasons.

Only in a few photos(e.g. Philippines) have I seen US soldiers using leaf stencils. This, to my mind, is pointless because any detail will be lost in shadow/distance etc. All you need is bold, scrubby pattern that generally follows your environment colours and your set.

There are only a few guns I like on this thread and they are all-over spray jobs - not this and that spray, not stencil sprays just those that mimick and portray real steel as seen in the field. 

In my opinion I've done better than most, especially when you consider my aims. Also I am pretty damn certain that my camo pattern breaks up the definition of my rifle.

I'd be interested in other peoples thoughts on this - maybe I've got it all wrong.

p.s. I would like to get a clear looksie at your pistol, sniper, M4 etc without all the foliage attached.

your gun looks class

dosnt have to have some fancy real steel theory behind it as long as it looks good and serves you use.

i personally cant see the big attraction to the "ive kicked my gun around the ground for a while" look

i'd much rather have something with a cleaner paintjob

Nice as always Souske. Personally I don't dig masterkeys but the paintjob is spiffy.

Skandarn, KWP, beautiful guns. Skandarn, the skull is a nice touch.

Ye old Canadian, the camo scheme and painting is good but as previously mentioned I'd go for a full paintjob.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Since I'm doing a USSF Afghan look I thought I'd re-decorate...

Very nice.

I think your paint job is much better than Whorable's various ones, and agree with you on the wall hanger subject.

I'd like to see your gun after some use and the gun is looking a little worn.

Meanwhile, here is an update on mine:

spray1.jpg

wasted__youf, that's an interesting camo job. The wear to it does add the so-called "character" to the carbine. I also noticed you brushed some strokes on, as it is uncommon with many paint jobs. The only other paint jobs I've seen with brushed on strokes are the G36s from KSK operators in A-stan several years back.

• 2 weeks later...

Well two days of hard work has almost come to an end, just have to

put on my matt varnish for extra protection and that will and the finishing touch.

Trust me to do one of the hardest patterns, thought if I can do this then

any other pattern should be a doddle and bearing in mind this

is my first ever paint job I think it hasnt come out too bad.

What do you reckon men?

new057.jpg

and one without the background

new058.jpg