Walther WA2000 Build

dobey

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a small cnc machine a few months ago, only a 12 inch by 18 inch bed but perfect for my needs.

I am sure just copying the gun design is as bad as making trademarks. But I am hardly a big manufacturer making millions off their design so hopefully they have pity on me and let me alone. I like to think of these 1 off custom builds as a form of flattery to the company that makes the real thing.

Here is the first side plate:

trades-2.jpg

There are plenty of examples of copying distinctive designs without using the correct trademarks and names - just look at things like GTA or various clones in the airsoft world.

Just as long as no-one is going to get in trouble, that's all I was getting at. I think most airsofters want realistic trades on their guns - it's all about realism at the end of the day - but I certaintly don't want anyone getting sued or anything...

To be honest, I'm sure no-one "important" will ever even know about it. It's not like you're putting the replica on TV, selling millions of them, or anything like that.

Getting back to the matter at hand - that's a really good looking project. Really, how much to make me one?

Don't worry about being sued, it would take too much money to take a law suit against you over just one replica. If you were a large clone company that happened to be in the US, UK, or anywhere other than China, that makes thousands of WA 2000 clones with trades without permission, then they would try to put you out of business.

In speaking of which, I saw a patent on what we know as wind up hicap magazines, and so many companies clone it, and I doubt anyone licensed it, and no one filed a law suit over it. It would cost too much to bring all the companies to court over it.

That aside, I am really impressed by your craftsmanship, well done :D

It was a bit late in the day for great pics, but here are a few of it outside. There are a few small pieces not on it here like the finger screw that holds the real steel barrel to the block, and the flash hider needs a bit of work to get it where the owner wants it, so tomorrow is about it for this build:

final-002.jpg

final-003-1.jpg

final-004-1.jpg

final-005.jpg

final-006-1.jpg

Seriously.... Those could be photos of the real steel for all I can tell the difference. That's a custom project of incredible quality, and it's gone from nothing to practically done in about a month. You're a machine...

Honestly, how much to make me one? Dammit why won't you answer me?

As you can see by the pictures it is snowing and damn cold here in Upstate New York right now. The next five days are forecast with a high of 5 degrees (-15C) so the gas guns are not working all that great to take any ranged shots right now, we will have to wait till the owner gets a chance to field it and report back.

I know what you mean- big gun requires big scope to fit the rifle's proportions, or some't like that (like my airrilfe in my sig, wouldnt look right with a normal or diddy little scope).

My hats off to you too Dobey, that thing is truelly stunning and worth whatever price you wanted to ask for it!

That has to be one of the most beautiful rifles I have ever layed eyes on and i must say i love bullpup snipers. Bullpup just makes perfect sense, higher ranger, higher accuracy and all withing a much shorter gun than otherwise used.

What are the performance specs like? Does the range live up to that of a sniper rifle?

I know what you mean- big gun requires big scope to fit the rifle's proportions, or some't like that (like my airrilfe in my sig, wouldnt look right with a normal or diddy little scope).

My hats off to you too Dobey, that thing is truelly stunning and worth whatever price you wanted to ask for it!

The WA2000 isn't a big rifle. It's very compact by sniper rifle standards. That's what being bullpup does. :)

Archived