Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

Everything is upgraded except the piston, gears, and bushings. Though now that I'm needing a new piston, I'm just going to go 100% and change the gears and bushings as well. I don't want to open up the gearbox again haha, I've done it too many times with all the small parts I ordered here and there.

Everything is upgraded except the piston, gears, and bushings. Though now that I'm needing a new piston, I'm just going to go 100% and change the gears and bushings as well. I don't want to open up the gearbox again haha, I've done it too many times with all the small parts I ordered here and there.

I've lost count too how many times i've opened the gearbox.... lol

I have manged to bugger up the smaller screw hole in the marui stock grip though (utter garbage plastic) so i'll be needing to order a magpul miad grip with a metal base at some point...

I've lost count too how many times i've opened the gearbox.... lol

I have manged to bugger up the smaller screw hole in the marui stock grip though (utter garbage plastic) so i'll be needing to order a magpul miad grip with a metal base at some point...

Those grips are damn comfortable, don't think I'll ever use a standard grip again

Ckinnerley, You're right, I have them mixed up. I have the frontwired Socom.

Anywho, Akira, I was thinking of either detaching the 2 copper bars under the Sopmod/Recce tube and dremel/mod in 2 wires of silverwire w/ silicon insulation in the grooves.

Or I could mod/dremel 2 grooves going from the copper bars to the end cap of the tupe and solder the wires directly onto the copper bars.

Then drill a hole on the shoulder-plate of the MOE stock, and use the recoil pad to cover the hole/wires.

Run back the wires to an elastic batterybag ( like the 10-speed mag pouches, but then for batteries ^^.

As you probably can tell, I like the Recce ( for the 12"-16" barrel ) but I dislike the battery option :).

Any of you thing thats do-able?

If you have a socom, why not just put a lipo inside the rail? Why go through all that trouble to rear wire the gun?

Gotta say, this is probably the first time I've (or anyone else) heard of someone wanting to rear wire a SOCOM. Usually its the other way around with sopmod owners haha

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Holy *suitcase* Echigoya ships out orders fast, just did an order maybe 8 hours ago and they already emailed me saying its shipped answer supplied the tracking number.

Ordered the ARS asap style sling plate, gearbox (figured one on the side wouldn't hurt), prometheus piston, prometheus cylinder head, Prometheus gears, and an extra tapped plate.

Echigoya do it so it can be done but its no easy task.

They use a custom stock tube made just for the UBR stock , plus they split the under side of the stocks own tube to get it to fit . There's more detailed photos out there on the net some were ( saw them ages ago , think it was a French airsoft site ) .

Edited by druid799

Echigoya do it so it can be done but its no easy task.

http://echigoya-guns.com/guns/index.php?route=product/product&path=36_35&product_id=184

Correct, I've got a video of Echigoya doing this to my CNC buffer tube. Remind me to edit/upload tonight to show you what had to be done. But now I have a Magpul UBR on my Sopmod :D.

Correct, I've got a video of Echigoya doing this to my CNC buffer tube. Remind me to edit/upload tonight to show you what had to be done. But now I have a Magpul UBR on my Sopmod :D.

anak chan your the man.. you are so lucky you live close to them. me, i drive 2 hrs to go to the machine shop :( show the us the pictures and video you've got

so i can show it to the machinist. thanks thanks thanks :)

Nope and if you use the plastic base there's a high chance you'll have motor height adjustment issues (with most motors...in fact I'm wondering what motor works with the MIAD/MOE plastic base). See here for more info :-

http://www.tkoverkill.com/showthread.php?tid=1209

anak chan your the man.. you are so lucky you live close to them. me, i drive 2 hrs to go to the machine shop :( show the us the pictures and video you've got

so i can show it to the machinist. thanks thanks thanks :)

Here you go, but I highly recommend not to watch it full screen or you're gonna get motion sickness. Apologies, I was videoing this from my iPhone :-

http://vimeo.com/32142942

Edited by AnakChan

If you have a socom, why not just put a lipo inside the rail? Why go through all that trouble to rear wire the gun?

Gotta say, this is probably the first time I've (or anyone else) heard of someone wanting to rear wire a SOCOM. Usually its the other way around with sopmod owners haha

No, I'm planning to get a Recce , but I'd like to use it with a Mini-sized LiPo battery :).

I don't like having a different battery for each AEG I have ;)

My ultimate goal would be a Socom but with a 16" barrel and a midlength MOE handguard.

But since they're no 16" Next Gen barrels on the market with indentations foe an A-styled frontsight...

Another option would be buying the Dytac 16" barrel, and machine 2 indentations for the frontsight, but when it comes to metal and wood handywork, I just plain suck. ;$