ACM Magpul UBR!

Dock trinE

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to comment about licensed vs. unlicensed products. However, I will comment on the UBR itself. Having used a real UBR, my personal opinion of the stock is that while it looks cool, I personally don't care for it. It's kinda big, cumbersome and heavy. I'd consider it if I had a spare long barreled rifle needing a stock, however, on a short barreled rifle the UBR (to me) just looks proportionately too big.

I prefer the CTR/MOE stocks by far. I think Magpul hit the nail on the head with those two. I have since sold off all my RS UBRs.

Expected release date of the Magpul PTS UBR is mid to late February give or take a month or so.

The product will be exceptionally well crafted and will feature a lipo ready buffer tube. Also, according to Sam, no additional hardware will be required in order for it to fit on a traditional AEG receiver.

Just wait and buy the superior product from Magpul PTS.

The UBR is perfect for when you have a front heavy rifle. For me I use it on my RS 16" barrel because the suppressor adds more front heavy weight to it. So with the UBR it helps move the balance back to the center of the rifle.

A CTR is the better choice for a normal NFA rifle.

Expected release date of the Magpul PTS UBR is mid to late February give or take a month or so.

The product will be exceptionally well crafted and will feature a lipo ready buffer tube. Also, according to Sam, no additional hardware will be required in order for it to fit on a traditional AEG receiver.

Just wait and buy the superior product from Magpul PTS.

thats great mags, thanks for sharing.

True, but we're going off little but a guess, and we all know that it's not exactly easy (especially in financial crises) to stomp out the ACM stuff. Sure, you can make it increasingly underground, as we can see with how ebaybanned's Paul is not stocking the clone Magpul stuff, but stomping it out might be a little harder.

Plenty of the knockoff stuff is 100% available. There are clone MIAD kits, clone Magpul Ranger plates, etc. You just need to know where to look. And no, I won't share. Magpul PTS can do their own dirty work.

*edit - and plenty of it is still available in the US, too.

Then again, if they're able to stomp out any/all ACM Clone Versions, there'd be nothing to compete against. Monopoly wins.

:P Had to:

MonopolyMan.jpg

And yes, yes indeed. $180.00 USD is my GUESS. It is NOT factual information.

-Vic

Edit:

Plenty of the knockoff stuff is 100% available. There are clone MIAD kits, clone Magpul Ranger plates, etc. You just need to know where to look. And no, I won't share. Magpul PTS can do their own dirty work.

This is VERY true.

That may be the case, but there's no way they're able to move the same amount of product volume as they can with other unlicensed products. At some point, the profit margin becomes so minute compared to the initial investment of development and manufacture, it may be more financially rewarding to copy another RS manufacturer. The few shops out there moving the ACM Magpul product can never sell the same amount as the big stores and distributors can (and most of those won't touch the stuff), and if they did, they'd alert too much attention to themselves.

Keep in mind that PTS is hardly "airsoft grade" at all. Remember the PTS CTR? The list price was $10 below the RS price.

I don't think you can rely on PTS bringing an affordable replica UBR into the market, as they really don't like to compete in the chinese clone market. Magpul would rather sue the entire Chinese market that copies Magpul products, and continue their own monopoly on their products (which technically should be the way it is...), with prices as high as they would like to make them.

The real UBR is floating somewhere around $265. Now, if the PTS version excludes the coveted RS shock compression system, it could be cheaper. They will still use about the same materials to make the stock, since it would cost more to run a new production of a different material, let alone the R&D for that.

Basically, I'm going to go ahead and say don't look forward to Magpul releasing any earthshaking PTS version of the UBR. If they do, it wont be much cheaper. Might as well try and discretely pick up the ACM version.

Keep in mind that PTS is hardly "airsoft grade" at all. Remember the PTS CTR? The list price was $10 below the RS price.

I don't think you can rely on PTS bringing an affordable replica UBR into the market, as they really don't like to compete in the chinese clone market. Magpul would rather sue the entire Chinese market that copies Magpul products, and continue their own monopoly on their products (which technically should be the way it is...), with prices as high as they would like to make them.

The real UBR is floating somewhere around $265. Now, if the PTS version excludes the coveted RS shock compression system, it could be cheaper. They will still use about the same materials to make the stock, since it would cost more to run a new production of a different material, let alone the R&D for that.

Basically, I'm going to go ahead and say don't look forward to Magpul releasing any earthshaking PTS version of the UBR. If they do, it wont be much cheaper. Might as well try and discretely pick up the ACM version.

Magpul isn't going to share their polymer formulas with an HK company (Magpul PTS). Too much room for error and the possibility of a stolen formula. I wouldn't say its a secret but its not widely known. Magpul PTS is really just a chinese clone company with the big brother Magpul to take care of the legal problems.

Magpul isn't going to share their polymer formulas with an HK company (Magpul PTS). Too much room for error and the possibility of a stolen formula. I wouldn't say its a secret but its not widely known. Magpul PTS is really just a chinese clone company with the big brother Magpul to take care of the legal problems.

That's a pretty firm statement you made there. Aside from Magpul PTS being based in Hong Kong, do you know for a fact that the rest of your statement to be true? Or are you simply making assumptions?

Assumptions based on the US economic system really. Didn't mean for it to sound so "firm" as you put it. But you must admit, in HK, although it could happen here too, there seems to be a much bigger chances of stolen designs and formulas. I'm not quite sure what causes this, and it may just be the stolen designs/etc overshadowing non-copied stuff.

Archived