A&K MK43

xerxes

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what's the box mag made of? I was thinking the VFC was like cardboard or something??

The box mag appears to look like a STAR M60 box mag slid inside of that OD cloth pouch. Lets hope the internals of the box mag are better than STAR's. The box mag might be a clone of the STAR box mag because the A&K MK43 manual says the ammo capacity is 3500 BBs. However, if it's like the M249 box mag, then you can squeeze an extra 500rds in there, making the MK43 box mag a 4000 rd ammo capacity, which is like the STAR.

the new ARES one has 4000 and supposedly feeds flawlesly!!

That's good. Hopefully, the A&K will feed very well too. Mossad said his fed without any jams, misfires, or problems. :) He also said the A&K MK43 box mag has an auto and sound control feature, but he could not locate the microphone for the sound control feature.

tbsix,

Just get the A&K MK43. The STAR/ARES has too many "special" parts in the GB, from what I have heard. I know that I am going to wait for the A&K MK43 due to the durability and the fact that there will most likely be more aftermarket parts and accessories availible for it... one probably being an RIS system for it. I mean heck, they made a chinese lower RIS for the M249... so why not the MK43? I would also expect to see a railed feed tray out soon as an aftermarket part for these.

Ordered.

On way, 3day shipping.

As one of the first STAR M60 owners and originator of the big thread here on it, I'll give my honest opinion of this by comparison.

I liked the STAR at first, and hated it by the end. Nothing I see from ARES tells me its changed anything meaningful.

But, just as an unbiased observer, I have no intention of gushing on this thing when it first arrives. If it has warts, I'll show em. And I wont post some idiotic "oh I've shot a thousand rounds thru it and it hold up great" post. I understand support gunner volumes (my CA M249 is approaching the 1mil mark)

Hillslam,

Where did you order from? How much was your total with shipping? As soon as you get yours, can you please post a video of the ROF regulator knob as well as some firing vids? Could you also post pics of the gearbox and the internals?

Thanks!

Hillslam,

Where did you order from? How much was your total with shipping? As soon as you get yours, can you please post a video of the ROF regulator knob as well as some firing vids? Could you also post pics of the gearbox and the internals?

Thanks!

Will do.

All but the internals - won't crack open the Gearbox until I break something. New policy of mine. Shouldn't take long. :)

Hopefully, ryn1523 will have his batch of guns in sometime before the end of the month so I can send him the rest of the funds I still owe him, that way I'll have my MK43 to terrorize my friends with. :D Hopefully, I as well as the others who preordered from him will be the first in the U.S. with their MK43's and have them before the people who order/preorder from AirsoftGI and Evike. I'm just extremely happy and excited to see an affordable M60 finally become availible. I've wanted an airsoft M60 ever since I started airsoft over 8 years ago, but they were WAY out of my price range. I am also very happy to see the A&K MK43 finally in private hands. I've been waiting on this gun's release since November of last year.

Airsoft Global.

Should be here either friday or first thing next week - provided customs doesnt hose me. If its here by Friday I'll beat on it at this weekend's Op at Springfield.

I ordered the A&K, tbsix. I previously owned the STAR (Ares) - was one of the first owners of it. Went thru alot with that thing getting it skirmishable. Ultimately it wasn't up to my demands. My review is still here on Arnies somewhere (sans pictures) - starts well, ends ugly. Cant recommend it to anyone.

Fingers crossed for this one....

Ultimately I'm trying to avoid buying an Inokatsu or VFC but it may come to that if this A&K blows.

i heard from the source(factory that is) that they dont sell to any other HK shops than Airsoftglobal and all other orders will go to exlusive shops in USA, in Europe (in Europe i know its Gunfire and Taiwangun i believe) so they dont want to sell to other people just straight to the big retailers. so it wont be showing up in Hong Kong Shops :( also Ebaybanned (Paul told me that he cannot get it)

i heard from the source(factory that is) that they dont sell to any other HK shops than Airsoftglobal and all other orders will go to exlusive shops in USA, in Europe (in Europe i know its Gunfire and Taiwangun i believe) so they dont want to sell to other people just straight to the big retailers. so it wont be showing up in Hong Kong Shops :( also Ebaybanned (Paul told me that he cannot get it)

That isn't good. I wonder in ryn1523 knows that. He is gonna be disappointed if he can't get his shippment in to send out to us. :( I hope he still gets his order in though. He probably will since he preordered from a distributor rather than directly from the factory.

Until the distributor tells me they are not coming, I am keeping positive thoughts. I have been hosed in the past, by not wanting to wait on deals, then missing out. Like I have said in the past, the guns were at a good enough price, that I can wait.

Archived