A&K MK43

xerxes

If the quality and reliability of the many a&k 249's in my local area are anything to go buy. I will definately buy this over the Ares/Star.

I have seen quite a few STAR 249's break down, never seen an a&k one break down.

I have owned the VFC mk43. Nothing compares. Though the price is far too much these days for me to justify.

I will be buying the A&K M60VN as soon as its released.

Go-Go-Vietnam Loadout

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the quality and reliability of the many a&k 249's in my local area are anything to go buy. I will definately buy this over the Ares/Star.

I have seen quite a few STAR 249's break down, never seen an a&k one break down.

I have owned the VFC mk43. Nothing compares. Though the price is far too much these days for me to justify.

I will be buying the A&K M60VN as soon as its released.

Go-Go-Vietnam Loadout

I've never seen a STAR SAW type thing break down. However, I've seen one broken into two parts. :D I'm not putting too high expectation on the plastic chassis.

Erik.

Until the distributor tells me they are not coming, I am keeping positive thoughts. I have been hosed in the past, by not wanting to wait on deals, then missing out. Like I have said in the past, the guns were at a good enough price, that I can wait.

Well, keep your hopes up and fingers crossed bro. I can't wait for these bad boys to come in. I've wanted an M60 variant since I started airsofting over 8 years ago and now I am finally about to be getting one within the next month! :)

Thanks for the pictures!

Nice, look at that fat battery going in. I like the shot of the rheostat up front too. Wonder if just unplugging it preserves the ciruit. Wonder if it acts as a fuse... lol

Interesting mechbox layout. Holy cow look at the size of that nozzle!!! Is the VFC one that ungodly long as well?

The rheostat looks cool. I'd guess if you take it out it would unlease the true unrelenting ROF the gun could possibly push out. Seems like someone has been looking at the High Vrs Low ROF thread here huh? Some perfering the lower ROF for very long suppressive fire while others want a masooove wall of death at once.

I might pick one of these up, or wait for the VN. Depends on what the price is like and how well they run, but I'm getting the SVD first. I want a sniper before I splash out on another AEG.

The rheostat looks cool. I'd guess if you take it out it would unlease the true unrelenting ROF the gun could possibly push out. Seems like someone has been looking at the High Vrs Low ROF thread here huh? Some perfering the lower ROF for very long suppressive fire while others want a masooove wall of death at once.

Dont get your hopes up. If removing the rheostat just removes resistance from the circuit, then you unleash the full potential of.... wait for it... your battery. Just like any other aeg runs regularly. Its not creating magic rof. I *highly* doubt it'll be some bb hose. That'd mean they put some ultra high spin turbo motor in there, and then crippled it by cranking the resistance, and making your battery cry uncle in the bargain. Yeah it'll be the first thing to go in mine too.

hope there's no chance for that air nozzle to bind...

would also like to know the bearing size and dims. will eventually order some VXBs for it if it joins the hallowed ranks of my CA M249MkII in the support gunning pantheon of awesomeness.

Hope you can get a decent airseal with that monster nozzle. Hopefully it's already o-ringed as I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for an aftermarket air nozzle. Rheostat is silly. Hillslam is dead on about that. I'm guessing that plunger deal that is connected to the buttstock plate is for adjusting your motor height? If so it's the most elaborate grub screw I've ever seen LOL.

Hope you can get a decent airseal with that monster nozzle. Hopefully it's already o-ringed as I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for an aftermarket air nozzle. Rheostat is silly. Hillslam is dead on about that. I'm guessing that plunger deal that is connected to the buttstock plate is for adjusting your motor height? If so it's the most elaborate grub screw I've ever seen LOL.

My guess is that plunger looking thing on the butt plate is either for motor height, or is to push against the GB so it will not slide back and out of place (that is IF it does not have screws holding the gearbox in).

Archived