Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

fr00b

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DEA are the Drugs Enforcement Agency (or is it Authority). as far as I'm aware they have more in common with the FBI than the SEALs, as they are primarily a law enforcement agency.

I assume they must be working with SEALs, maybe something to do with the herion grown in afganistan.

In my mind, it would make sense to have the DEA there to take care of the drugs, and the SEAL's would do the talking and act as security and as the force, though both would act as the force, that would be the DEA's secondary objective since they would take care of the drugs.

That is just what I think.

And if DEVGRU had been disbanded then I think it would be heard of. I'm not saying that they're not but I wouldn't think they are since a development team for special forces is valuable, very valuable. Now if they reformed the team or something then that would be more believable.

I was told from a very reliable source (guy is VP of a company that deals with SOF regularly) that DEVGRU has been disbanded, for some time now.

My buddy who got to work with ST1 in their predeployment had a conversation with one of the SEALs about DEVGRU. This was a month ago. Take that for what you will, its all he-says-she-says.

I think DEA is rocking the MC in that video, there's a few pictures from the DEA's website showing them wearing it with burning hash-crop in the background. Neat video.

Damn, I was hoping for SEALs (though I new deep down inside it was unlikely), that'd freak a bunch of people out.

I was told from a very reliable source (guy is VP of a company that deals with SOF regularly) that DEVGRU has been disbanded, for some time now.

I don't know, but my neighbor, who's an LA Sheriff and retired Marine SOF type guy has a friend who's been in the SEALs a while, and was going to be shipping out to DevGru recently.

If it's worth anything, I asked my friend who talked to the SEAL the particulars of their conversation about DEVGRU, and he said the SEAL told him when DEVGRU is in country, all they do are raids/snatch and grab type missions, and that their mission tempo is friggin insane. Sort of interesting.

Just to add-DEV may have been the group that took care of the recent pirate/hostage deal in Somalia. DEV has not been disbanded-just last year about this time they were recruiting from the regular US Navy ranks for support MO's, etc, look here:

http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=38966

*don't believe everything you hear.

Archived