USMC Loadouts

Misfit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

either way, there is no need for steel toes, and they may injure your feet if you use them that way; for examply, when kneeling, your toes bend, and it can push the steel portion into the root of your toes, and damage nerves if done for prolonged periods. they are also heavier. they just arent comfortable in combat roles.

dont get me wrong, i have a few sets of steel toes, and they are great... but i would never wear them to any sort of physical activity.

-Joe

either way, there is no need for steel toes, and they may injure your feet if you use them that way; for examply, when kneeling, your toes bend, and it can push the steel portion into the root of your toes, and damage nerves if done for prolonged periods. they are also heavier. they just arent comfortable in combat roles.

dont get me wrong, i have a few sets of steel toes, and they are great... but i would never wear them to any sort of physical activity.

-Joe

True, at one time it almost ripped off the nail of my left small toe - that pain I will never forget. Plus the 550ST's are heavy and for people who play in the winter you don't want anything metal in your footwear.

So I was shopping for conditioner with my girlfriend at the Marine Corps exchange and I found myself in the gear/tactical section. Low and behold, they're selling Eagle Industries patrol packs (the same as issued in the FSBE kit) for $134!

I already have one, but maybe they are going to start selling more EI stuff in store at Marine Exchanges.

Or maybe they have been doing this for awhile and I just noticed now.

any more details than that?

from the pic, i can tell that they are jungle boots, but other than that, i cant say... they could be danners, bellevilles, or altamas.

they look better than altamas, and not quite like danners, so my guess would be bellevilles.

danner>belleville>altama, FYI

-Joe

none of my bates have looked like that. all of the bates that ive had are a bit lighter, have ridges on the outside of the soles, and have ghostly light Eagle, Globe and Anchors.

but i have only had a few bates in the past, so im sure thats just because i havent seen them.

im a belleville fanboy.

-Joe

I currently have some replica helmet pads in my PASGT, and combined with the weight of the kevlar it is really uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. I have been thinking about replacing them with a set of ZAP pads. Was wondering if anyone had experience with them or have any other helmet pads they would recommend.

Okay who's been copying boot designs...

dessieboots.jpg

Thanks for the replies lads. Bates I can see, maybe they were the original but I'd hazard a guess from the picture at the unbranded repros (with the truly shoddy eagle globe and anchor emblem!) being Altamas.

The funny thing is I prefer the copies... Ohh well they better be good for £120!

i got issued bellevilles...

anyway, they are all pretty much the same. the difference is quality, and small details that really only matter for personal preference.

BB: i recommend the oregon aero bliss pads... thats what i have, and even though they are a bit harder, somehow they are pretty damned comfortable.

you can also try the issue skydex pads

-Joe

I remember former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff USMC General Peter Pace had a strange type of boots only he and some of his security details seemed to wear. Much darker than the normal issued boots and the unique way of how certain leather parts overlap makes me think it's Bellevilles, but not sure and don't know the model, but for sure it's not the usual 5xx series.

(Highres 1MB):

http://www.defenselink.mil/dodcmsshare/hom...0193C-004-m.jpg

(Highres 1.3MB):

http://www.arcent.army.mil/cflcc_today/200...01_06/01_07.jpg

(Highres 3MB):

http://www.defenselink.mil/dodcmsshare/hom...20lightened.jpg

What would you guys say to my USMC M4 so far?

IMG_1926.jpg

Wrong supressor, wrong body, uncommon stock, no BUIS, M4's don't have auto

KWP: His boots appear darker because he is a general who doesn't have to walk around in the moon-dust as much and also he probably wears brand new boots (and other uniform items) when visiting foreign heads of state. His boots are nothing special aside from being on the feet of a general.

Archived