USMC Loadouts

Misfit

I did report and that's the reason why you respond I guess.

Good that we have an agreement about not hotlinking without permission, reference to the source would also be great.

I also agree with real world pics as a reference to a discussion but posting a full collection of real world pics just because "Badly Browned" means "Some pics I've had on my computer" or other people who just post real world pics without any reason and no comments ... wouldn't that be called spamming? Well if you guys like that and if you think that's okay, I have a ridiculously huge database of highres USMC pics, maybe I should also start posting them here without reason and without any reference and comments, just because I've had them on my computer, right? But don't complain about spamming then. ;)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well if you guys like that and if you think that's okay, I have a ridiculously huge database of highres USMC pics, maybe I should also start posting them here without reason and without any reference and comments, just because I've had them on my computer, right? But don't complain about spamming then. ;)

Well if you haven't seen them in the thread already, feel free. People seem to post selected images, not just any old trash so they have a personal "I think I can offer something to the community" touch to them. Some of us don't have any Marine photos and aren't graced with the knowledge you must have, and it's always nice to see something new.

More often than not people use these threads for real world reference, the original idea was that these were essentially just "Picture" threads, not picture and comment.

I'd actually prefer a bunch of nice pictures to look at than reading your posts.

Last time I checked this thread was in the "Gear discussion" category and not in the "Airsoft pictures" category.

My contribution in the past to this thread was undoubtedly of value. I pushed this thread up from the first version on when it was one of the rather unpopulated threads and notoriously on the bottom page and worse. I just try to be helpful and maintain some quality so it becomes not just a dump place of third-party photos whose posters don't even bring into any specific relation to a question or ongoing discussion.

It's nice that you ignore the second half of Cazboab's post that highlights that the pictures that Badly Browned posted were relevant to discussion and not spam as you seem to imply.

I don't know if anyone's ever told you this but everything is not always about you, try being a little more humble.

Here is the details about that picture I posted with the guys shooting pistols on the ship.

Lance Cpl. Darrell Williams, an ammunition technician with Combat Logistics Battalion 31, 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit, fires his M9 pistol at a target during pistol qualification aboard the flight deck of the forward-deployed amphibious assault ship USS Essex (LHD 2) April 10. The MEU Marines will conduct similar training alongside Republic of Philippine Marines during Exercise Balikatan 2009. Balikatan ’09 creates an opportunity for the Republic of the Philippines and U.S. Armed Forces to work bilaterally and ensure humanitarian assistance and disaster relief efforts are responsive, efficient and effective. (Official Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. Michael A. Bianco)

Photo Date Taken: 4/10/2009

Unit: 31st MEU

So to clear up what unit he is with "CLB 31" and he is wearing a SPC.

I also agree with real world pics as a reference to a discussion but posting a full collection of real world pics just because "Badly Browned" means "Some pics I've had on my computer" or other people who just post real world pics without any reason and no comments ... wouldn't that be called spamming? Well if you guys like that and if you think that's okay, I have a ridiculously huge database of highres USMC pics, maybe I should also start posting them here without reason and without any reference and comments, just because I've had them on my computer, right? But don't complain about spamming then. ;)

Can I see more pics of serpas in use by the USMC?

An m12 is also used by another person in the pic.

Did I post them with no reason? I don't think so....Sandmanx asked for pics, so I posted some pics...

Though I see my last pic was a Safariland and not a Serpa...d'oh

I'd actually prefer a bunch of nice pictures to look at than reading your posts KWP, but you can see from sandman's posts how the pics are relevant :).

^^

KWP, why would you complain about someone posting USMC pictures? this is getting very silly.

anyway, FATAL, great find then! i am on that boat right now... so i was on board when that pic was taken, 3 days ago. gangster.

it is a shame my job isnt as cool though, where i can get cool pics too ;)

-Joe

It's nice that you ignore the second half of Cazboab's post that highlights that the pictures that Badly Browned posted were relevant to discussion and not spam as you seem to imply.

I don't know if anyone's ever told you this but everything is not always about you, try being a little more humble.

He added that to his original post after I already replied to him. As he's a Global Mod, I assume he can edit his posts without others being able to see it. So I didn't ignore anything nor anybody.

You guys said you don't mind pics. Some pics I've had on my computer:

Sorry if any are reposts, you know there were so many pics here I can not quite remember.

(All pics Courtesy of the United States Marine Corps, released photos)

9de2651c.jpg

071020-M-6339F-057.jpg

Oh yeah, somebody asked for SERPA and holster stuff:

6754d554.jpg

fc6df061.jpg

And yes another one about the Serpa and holster question, hope you like it very much:

30e5096a.jpg

And for the sake of keeping the gear discussion rolling, take this:

edde6b27.jpg

And as I'm posting already, why not just another one, right?

57e47475.jpg

And I just found this one on my computer:

006076a2.jpg

No need to thank me. :rofl:

KWP - Continue to derail this thread and you will receive a two week suspension. You have been warned.

You're acting like a spoilt brat simply because you didn't get your way, and the moderators didn't agree with you.

Anyway, i need some clarification on pistols i have seen pics of Marines using the M9 but not or rarely using anything else including the MEU which is supposed to be issue to force recon, plus the marines have apparently hated the standard issue M9 would they not been using anything else?

Also is there no standard issue holster as the pics on here have safariland's, SERPA and the trusty Bianchi M12? all of various colours and types?

curlyboy

The m9 is the standard issued pistol across the board. Holsters are a different story, every unit has the Bianchi m12 because its used also as a duty holster. But when it comes time to deploy the unit buys other holsters because

1. There isn't enough Bianchi m12's

2. They aren't the best thing on the market.

3. The unit has a lump sum of money to spend.

So other holsters usually blackhawk serpa's get purchased, although other holsters such as the safarilands do get purchased. It's really up to the guys in the supply section to pick which holsters everyone is going to get. Most of the time pistols are issued to higher ups, because they will be carrying the pistol to the briefs, meetings and around the FOB instead of their rifles. There are some lower ranking Marines who do get issued pistols though depending on their job.

Thanks to KWP and Agent Hunk! Some good M249 pics in there ^_^

I somewhat agree with KWP - while it may technically be forum legal to post random, oversized pics. I really do think it would be nice if people provided some background info to the pic (The orginal quote would be fine) as well as resize it to something a bit more friendly for viewers (Not everybody has ultra-fast broadband. While broadband down here in NZ works, everytime somebody puts one of those Marines.mil photos straight into this thread the entire page has a hernia because the picture is so large)

Don't do it because the Mods say so. Do something because it helps the thread and the people involved :)

I´ve never seen grunts with Safariland holster this is the first time nice!.

Regards!

Grunts had the Safari-land issued to them, where applicable, since my first deployment in 2004.

I think the use that stance so of they take a round to the trunk it hits their plate, since if your bladed less of the plate is showing.

In theory you present more of the plate to the incoming munition (the thing hitting you) there is more coverage over your body and the round has less of a chance of skipping off the plate into a non-protected area. I remember in 2004 this is how a guy in my unit died. A piece of shrapnel struck his SAPI plate which proceed to skip off the plate and into his neck. He also died because of other injuries related to an IED.

Anyway, i need some clarification on pistols i have seen pics of Marines using the M9 but not or rarely using anything else including the MEU which is supposed to be issue to force recon, plus the marines have apparently hated the standard issue M9 would they not been using anything else?

Also is there no standard issue holster as the pics on here have safariland's, SERPA and the trusty Bianchi M12? all of various colours and types?

curlyboy

The M9 (sometimes M9A1) is the standard sidearm for the Marines Corps. Force Recon's standard sidearm for operations and training is the MEUSOC 1911. But Force Recon also carries the M9 and trains with both.

The Bianchi holster is the standard holster. SERPA is what is being issued to everyone with a pistol now for DEPLOYMENTS. Safari-Land is still pretty much a Force thing. But there are really no rules when it comes to these sort of thing. It all depends on what some officer thinks is the best, regardless of whether or not it actually is.

Archived