USMC Loadouts

Misfit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to answer the question earlier: there is no woodland polartec fleece, but honestly, NO ONE wears that one, from what ive seen. i havent even seen it for sale, or issued. only online. the only fleece that i know are issued are the Coyote ones. i honestly dont see a point in camo-ing it anyways.

KWP: the CB chinstrap is being issued in small numbers now with the new CB helmets. it will also be used on the ECH. but either way, all versions of the LWH are still being used now anyway (yes, even a few of the more comfortable suspension ones are floating around)

-Joe

You could add a rubber butt pad to the stock to increase the friction and make it stick more to the fabric of the OTV.

Another way is to do more of a blade shooting stance compared to squaring up the body towards the target. This way you'd bring the rifle butt more on your deltoid compared to right in between your chest and shoulder, I don't find it all that comfortable but it works when I'm in a position that only lets me shoulder my M4 that way.

I'm sure you can find something and just try out different ways to shoulder it, good luck.

Hey. You guy's with MTV's out there. What do you guys think about them? I'm really considering getting one. My Pointblack OTV is falling apart. How's the Pantac MTV worth the $250+?

SPC vs MTV?

Real marines haven't exactly been huge fans of the MTV. It's more bulky than the OTV but you do get more webbing. Of course if you don't put sapi plates in it I'm sure it won't be quite as bad.

This question may seem a bit daft, but how do you shoulder the M16 correctly on an OTV? It's difficult for me to keep my M16/M4/M60 shouldered when I wear my OTV they just keep slipping.

Are you pulling it tight to your shoulder? Personally, never had this issue on any vest when shouldering a weapon.

Oh yay we get an normal carbine for an AR roll :headbutt: .

That was honestly the one i least wanted to win. Was pulling for the Colt most, but would have been happy with the FN( even though it is a scar).

But luckily MCtimes isnt the most reputable source, so im still holding my breath.

i agree witht he concept, so long as it doesnt REPLACE the SAW. but i believe that the LWRC offering was the best version submitted, though i didnt have any personal experience.

-Joe

Same here, last thing I heard before this article was that it's not replacing but just complementing, which would be better in my opinion, unless they allow drum mags.

The LWRC was also my favourite with the option of closed and open bolt for semi and full auto fire respectively, but H&K is a very renowned company. Arc'Teryx for the ILBE system and now Heckler&Koch for the IAR, seems like the Corps is getting more and more Gucci. :D

Archived