if you go with the RA-tech bolt catch you'll need to file sides of the channel it sits in in the firing block to open the channel out a little

It only needs a tiny amount off of each side of the channel, a small piece of 240 grit wet and dry paper folded over on itself and run along the sides of the channel a few times was all it took to get the bolt catch to fit in and pivot smoothly with no stickyness (you could just do same to sides of the bolt catch itself but that'll take the finish off of it)

magcatch-1.jpg

release button on the RA-tech catch isnt quite as big as the original AGM one - the AGM is more squared off in shape whereas the RA-tech one is more much oval

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Snorkleman. The AGM bolt catch is totally useless anyways. It snapped on me when I inserted a magazine. Think about it. Useless metal. Plastic isn't even this brittle.

These are the two things I dislike about my AGM:

-Extremely brittle bolt catch

-The fact that it came missing the front sight post. I can't aim w/o it right now.......

Right now it's either the RA-Tech bolt stop or the Inokatsu. I'll probably end up getting the Inokatsu.

-Luis

Took a closer look at the valve in the mag, and I do believe that's the o-ring in question. But when I took a closer look, there appeared to be another o-ring that sat behind it. There's one o-ring sitting on the brass plug, and what appeared to be another one sticking out from UNDERNEATH the brass plug. Just a small portion of the o-ring anyway, and I thought maybe it got jammed in there, so I moved it back out, and now it appears to have been lost inside the mag somewhere, because it is nowhere to be seen. I am well and truly confused. Is the o-ring on the plug in fact supposed to be sitting just behind the plug, on the stainless steel shaft?

I believe the o-ring I lost/pried out was #234, and the one sitting around the plug is #232.

Edited by ruchik

I'll cobble together a bit of an MSPaint sketch of how the valve should look. There's a couple of o-rings that I think people get confuzled about.

*EDIT*

I should say that the shaft seal should be held in place by a countersunk hole in the centre of that small brass plug.

If that seal can escape from that position it might be because the bras plug isn't a tight enough fit against it.

I haven't checked this yet cos it only occured to me about, oooh, 3 seconds ago but it might be possible to put a couple of AEG gearbox shims over the end of the shaft before you put the circlip back on. They should push the plug tighter against the shaft seal.

Assuming the shaft is the same 3mm diameter as an AEG gear spindle. :unsure:

I believe the o-ring I lost/pried out was #234, and the one sitting around the plug is #232.

Yep.

#232 is the plug seal and #234 is the shaft seal.

I think I figured out what happened. #234 sits in a groove on the shaft, behind the brass plug. It got blasted out of the groove and wedged itself under the brass plug, between the shaft and plug. That's why it appeared to be poking out from under the plug. Guess I'll mosey on into the hardware store and get me some new o-rings. BTW, anyone know how to remove the valve assembly without a valve tool? All I have is needle nose pliers, and those don't work too well.

If you look at the last picture here, I believe it's o-ring C that's the culprit.

Edited by ruchik

Oh, while I'm at it, try this just for yucks...

Remove your mag.

Press down on the forward assist and hold it there.

Slowly pull back the charging handle.

So, anybody got a forward assist that actually locks into the grooves on the bolt carrier and stops it being pulled back?

FWIW, the FA works just fine on my G&P M4 and the design is identical.

The only difference is that the bolt carrier AND the pin on the FA are much more crisply cast on the G&P gun so it all works.

Just thought I'd mention that...

Can someone link me to the mods that need to be done to use GHK mags in the AGM M4? I know the mag catch needs to be filed down, but is there anything else? I can only get it to work if I remove the upper receiver, push the mag in, then push the upper back down. Something's blocking it, I can't figure out what. GHK mags are slightly taller than AGM mags.

Edit: It was the upper receiver being slightly misaligned that's blocking the GHK mag. Since its really tight. A little filling on the corners of the mag made them fit.

AGM mags that are leaking: I took mine apart and made sure every seal had silicon oil on it. It couldn't hold any gas when I first got it, the o-rings were all dry. After I let it oil a bit, it held propane fine.

Prime hop up for AEG barrels on AGM M4: The hopup chamber is so tight, it stretches the hopup rubber. I had to cut about a quarter inch off and soak it in silicon oil to make it fit, and it's still tough to get on. Once it's on, it's not moving anywhere.

I thought GHK mags fit without any mods or problems at all?

I've just received a couple of bits from ebaybanned.

WA M4 Hop unit - Very nice cnc'd black aluminium finish is perfect but wont know how it performs until i get some more parts through and fit it.

Anti rotation links - Very nice finish but sadly let down but the screws being too small and not tightening (one just falls out). I have PM'd Paul and will let you know what he comes back with.

Hi falconcourt4,

would be nice to know how the hopup units fits and perform, because it is a lot cheaper than the one from RA-Tech. I ordered two of the "lightweight" magazines from RSOV now... hopefully they are not only lighter but also "better".

Lance

BTW, anyone know how to remove the valve assembly without a valve tool? All I have is needle nose pliers, and those don't work too well.

I made a suitable tool out of an old lump of an outer barrel from a G36 I had lying around.

Basically, you just need to saw a diagonal lump off the top and bottom at one end and you'll be left with a point that's a 2-pronged fork.

You can then file the two fork tips flat and to the right width to match the valve.

will this handguard fit with the AGM 061? I don't like the ris, but I need rails for the "additional" stuff :-)

http://www.ebairsoft.com/magpul-handguard-black-p-2053.html

Lance

If you can fit standard foregrips, you can fit that. It attaches in the exact same way. If you don't have a "normal" delta ring and handguard cap thingy (goes behind the front sight and holds the grip in place at that end) then you'll need those. Otherwise, it'll likely be a drop in fit. Worst that'd happen is it's too tight, requiring a small amount of filing.

will this handguard fit with the AGM 061? I don't like the ris, but I need rails for the "additional" stuff :-)

http://www.ebairsoft.com/magpul-handguard-black-p-2053.html

Lance

Magpul foregrip and stock?

Whatever could this project be?

Don't forget a CQB barrel and a Noveske flash hider.

anybody knows it some company has original WA mags in stock ?

Already tried a few of the big companies but the were all out of stock

I don't think anybody has them.

The rumour goes that G&P bought a huge stack of them to supply with their guns and, since then, none have been available.

I wouldn't be surprised if WA mags stay out of stock until such time that WA can find a manufacturer to produce them at a cost that allows them to be sold at a price that competes with Bomber and GHK mags.

I don't think anybody has them.

The rumour goes that G&P bought a huge stack of them to supply with their guns and, since then, none have been available.

I wouldn't be surprised if WA mags stay out of stock until such time that WA can find a manufacturer to produce them at a cost that allows them to be sold at a price that competes with Bomber and GHK mags.

You could be right,

Should I go with the second version AGM mags ?

Rumour has it that they don't develop leaks with colemand and other gas

The second version has a lot better O-rings and is lighter to

So ? anybody already has these second versions ? in use ?

Guys no replies to me post? Any one have any idea why the valve, ie when you look at your mag you see a silver metal bar, which the hammer hits. It froze soild, would not move in or out, even with pilers, I even took a hammer to it and it would not move a MM

I need a new mag, So do the GHK ones fit? As am not keen on buying more AGM mags

Guys no replies to me post? Any one have any idea why the valve, ie when you look at your mag you see a silver metal bar, which the hammer hits. It froze soild, would not move in or out, even with pilers, I even took a hammer to it and it would not move a MM

I need a new mag, So do the GHK ones fit? As am not keen on buying more AGM mags

Never Mind, Just order 6 of the new lightweight AGM ones! Hopefully these one last days at least